Jack Bird Discussion

I have to say, I find his signing a bit strange. He doesn't seem to really fit in with what we are about. I could be wrong though. It just has weird feeling to it.

I thought you couldn't backflip anymore. Why are people allowed to write this shit?

Am curious as to how Barba knows what life under "King Wayne" is like.

I rate Bird a lot as player and don't really care what he says, only what he does. He said questionable things about the Sharks the whole time he's been there and it's never impacted his or the Sharks form.

He can openly talk about how shit Brisbane is the whole time he's at our club but if it's not effecting his form or the playing group, I'm not bothered.

Bird is good at rugby league, not necessarily formulating and communication ideas and opinions.

With the way the competition is run, they'd be a realistic chance of squeezing a Top 8 spot by 2019 provided they're on point with their signings. Let's not pretend that making the Top 8 is some great achievement either, it really isn't, especially in a competition that punishes you for success and long term planning.

I don't think they'll miss either Gagai & Ross. True they have been two of the Knights better players, but they're not irreplaceable and given Gagai signed on when the Knights were absolutely desperate they probably weren't getting value for money.

As for the Saifitis, I can't think of many forwards in their age group making the type of impact they're making. Who else is there? Asofa-Solomona & Pangai Jr? Daniel is ahead of them as well as a bunch of '94-'95 prospects as well. Granted front row forward development is difficult to get a handle on, and a 195cm 125kg prop is going to make an impact regardless of age, but I wouldn't turn my nose up on him.

Wait is Ross leaving? I heard he was looking for an upgrade, not a get out.

I hope Bird renegades on the Broncos deal. He's a good player but we don't really need him. Fullback - covered. Centres - covered. Halves - covered. The deal is already putting too much pressure on the salary cap. It's been reported today that Newcastle are poaching Moga and Herman Ese'ese. I don't mind losing Moga, that gives Opacic an opportunity to play again at centre and I hope we don't lose him as well, he's going to be a superstar. Rather use Bird's money to spread it around for retention and keep the likes of Jordan Kahu too.

I hope Bird renegades on the Broncos deal. He's a good player but we don't really need him. Fullback - covered. Centres - covered. Halves - covered. The deal is already putting too much pressure on the salary cap. It's been reported today that Newcastle are poaching Moga and Herman Ese'ese. I don't mind losing Moga, that gives Opacic an opportunity to play again at centre and I hope we don't lose him as well, he's going to be a superstar. Rather use Bird's money to spread it around for retention and keep the likes of Jordan Kahu too.

Opacic a superstar ??

There is no reneging anyway as far as I know. He had 10 days to reneg from when he signed it. Besides, there is absolutely no indication he is having second thoughts apart from a couple of articles written by Sydney journos that hate our club. AFAIK there are zero quotes from Bird that give that indication. Our team will be better with him in it. If other clubs want to pay our young fringe forwards 2-3x their actual worth then good luck to them.

There is no reneging anyway as far as I know. He had 10 days to reneg from when he signed it. Besides, there is absolutely no indication he is having second thoughts apart from a couple of articles written by Sydney journos that hate our club. AFAIK there are zero quotes from Bird that give that indication. Our team will be better with him in it. If other clubs want to pay our young fringe forwards 2-3x their actual worth then good luck to them.

Is ese esse a fringe player though ?

Is ese esse a fringe player though ?

He is touch and go now, let alone when we have Lodge and potentially Haas (if he's as freakish in the NRL as we all hope). Offa is outplaying him atm as well, and hopefully Su'a is good enough to make the 17 next year. Even if Ese'ese leaves and ST theoretically retires, we still have competition for spots. Add in the possibility of signing that English backrower.

Wiki says ;

0] On the 24th October 2016 Moga signed a two year deal with the Brisbane Broncos.

Jack Bird is a better player in the middle or the right side . Left side no fend . I watched him yesterday more impact in middle and right . Same as J Hayne .

Unread

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • BRC088
  • Brocko
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwi2
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Jedhead
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosMan
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • marw
  • Midean
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.