Jack Bird Discussion

I'll just leave this here...

De00QL3UcAAmv2S

Reading lines for deadly choices. Jacks hanging out with his mates, Insta and Gram

Hungry Jack's Grilled Chicken burger. Except it's not grilled, it's dripping with fat and they just used the branding iron to make it look grilled.

I think even then your being generous there.

Settle down boys, just making chat and a poorly delivered attempt at humour in an otherwise quiet week on BHQ!

Alex McKinnon raised a good points on Fox a couple of nights ago, he said that Jack Bird was a luxury buy. I'd never really thought of it like that, but it's spot on, we were naive & greedy in the presumption that Milford & Nikorima would combine perfectly and be our halves for the future after watching their win streak together in 2017. So we bought another elite outside back, because why not? We've already got our spine set for the next 3-4 years. Nope. We shouldn't have signed Jack Bird until we knew for absolute certain we'd found a half to compliment Milford and help steer the team around the park. Now we're paying for our greediness, and probably will be for the next couple of years.

Not an original thought I am afraid been said since he signed. For me term would be frivolous rather than luxury. Honestly where was he going to play? Lock is only logical position I could see but could have had arrow at half the price. If Wayne was going to suddenly play expansive football with a ball playing lock creating 2 receivers each side of the ruck or in the middle great but that playbook was put away in 2016.

Yeah, I know. But personally in hindsight I wish we had of saved the Bird dollars to ensure that we defiantly got Ash Taylor. I know it's pretty pointless to be talking about such things but I can't help but wonder how we'd be going right now if we had Ash in the team instead of Bird. Sure would have been nice to have Milf and Ash to build a team/dynasty around - (even if they costed 1m each per year.) We'd have probably had the best future halves pairing in game.
Who would we be defying had we saved the Bird dollars and defiantly got Ash Taylor ?

Did Bird actually cost us Taylor, though?

IIRC, Broncos didn’t match the Titans offer because they couldn’t afford to. They didn’t match it because they refused to pay that much.

Did Bird actually cost us Taylor, though?

IIRC, Broncos didn’t match the Titans offer because they couldn’t afford to. They didn’t match it because they refused to pay that much.

We were after Ash at the same time we were after Bird. Ash just got a stupidly large offer he would have been mad to turn down.

We were after Ash at the same time we were after Bird. Ash just got a stupidly large offer he would have been mad to turn down.

They can't talk to two players at the same time and work out the money properly?

But that's not really a valid reason. We signed Bird in April. We were after Taylor long after that.

If nsw win tonight convincingly I can't see bird making it back in the blues team. He'll just get forgotten about too being up here in Brisbane.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Foordy
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • blacknwhite
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.