RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Gould's Twitter is entertaining and good on him for giving back to the fans as often as he does (even if it is often dripping with ulterior motives), but given he is basically claiming to know what is happening at 15 other clubs I won't be getting excited until more comes out.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He's hinting at Souths getting Roberts. I guess that means Inglis to us and we free up Copley and Maranta?... He might be full of it too lol

I think we would need to lose more than Copley and Maranta to fit Inglis under the cap

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
This opens up a GI Anderson centre / wing combo going forward. . Anderson is on rookie coin and we all see him as a gun right?

I love Boyd, but GI surely plays FB if he comes here. He was far and away the best FB in the game before being forced to play through injury at the back end of this year.

Losing Kahu would be a massive mistake, he is already a very good player with room to improve.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I agree. Not saying I'm a fan of the shuffle but it's looking VERY likely

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm warming to the G.I idea.. He's had his first full pre-season this year, he said he's the healthiest and most injury-free he's been in a long time, we could EASILY get 3-4 more great years out of him if we manage him correctly.

Pros: Best Fullback in the world when healthy, Queenslander, Increases our premiership chances exponentially over the next 3 seasons

Cons: Will be more expensive than Roberts, Older than Roberts, Less overall upside

I'm not sure how we afford him as well honestly, if we don't have enough cap room for Roberts how the **** are we going to fit in Inglis? We'll probably have to release at LEAST 3 first grade players.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
No one will actually miss Copley come round 1 if he is given the golden handshake.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm hearing that Roberts' signing will be announced on Friday and possibly a "lifetime" deal for Milford to be announced at the same presser.

We'll soon see. At least the rumours give us something interesting to talk about in a boring off-season.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I'm hearing that Roberts' signing will be announced on Friday and possibly a "lifetime" deal for Milford to be announced at the same presser.

We'll soon see. At least the rumours give us something interesting to talk about in a boring off-season.

I hope the milford thing is real. But I'm seriously putting all the pieces together and GI is looking like a bronco in 2016

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I hope the milford thing is real. But I'm seriously putting all the pieces together and GI is looking like a bronco in 2016

Mate if this actually happens then you are a genius, but at this point I cannot see it happening at all.

But hey, stranger things have happened.

Daniel Dowell

Daniel Dowell

Banned User
Dec 6, 2013
Next 2 days are huge.
2moro 2 big players become available
And friday expect announcements on where they are going.
1 Player is Mcqueen
2nd Player is .

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Foordy will.

Absolutely i will...

And I'm going make a prediction.... If Copley stays away from the toxic teams like the Tigers and Titans, he will be playing origin within 2-3 years.

Especially if he ends up at a team with a quality coach (like the Storm, Cowboys or Souths) and given some consistency with his position.

I also beleive he will be playing origin if he stays with us under Bennett.

Big call? ... Maybe, but as we all know i rate him ... And have ever since watching him play in the 20s.

And if people were happy with his 2014, then wait until he actually reaches his potential.

I think he could take a similar path to Hunt... I.e. player with potential, just needs to be shown some faith and given some consistency in his position.

But this thread is about Roberts ... And i would love Roberts to sign with us, just not at the expense of Copley.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Twitter lighting up with "Inglis to Broncos, Roberts to Souths" ... FWIW

Daniel Dowell

Daniel Dowell

Banned User
Dec 6, 2013
Do you think this has something to do with g.i asking for a release mid season and souths scouting a replacement.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Daniel, do you actually know anything? Seems you do

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Do you think this has something to do with g.i asking for a release mid season and souths scouting a replacement.

Which players do we have to lose to fit Inglis' exorbitant salary under the cap ...

Copley and Maranta won't do it ... Neither would be on massive money and we would still need to replace them in the 25 man squad with players on 80k (minimum wage) anyway

Daniel Dowell

Daniel Dowell

Banned User
Dec 6, 2013
Remember lost hodges..garbutt was on 250k, vidot, not paying kennedy. Only a small amount in 2016 for barba like 100k. Plus letting go taylor, j niko, parcell, drew. Probably be more there than people think..Can imagine a player or 2 out of backs will go..Nothing to major..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Broncs1459
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Browny
  • teampjta
  • Totally Unr3al
  • MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • scobie
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • whykickamoocow
  • Allo
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.