James Roberts

I'm liking his effort but I'm still not sold on him. Really hope that I look like a fool in a couple of months.

There was a tackle late in the 2nd half where Sezer (I think) had the ball and Roberts rushed up on him, but read the play beautifully and immediately shuffled to Croker and absolutely smothered him.

That's coaching IMO and shows he's on the up and up and ready for a BIG season.

I'm liking his effort but I'm still not sold on him. Really hope that I look like a fool in a couple of months.
I agree. Every tackle looks like he'll give away a penalty. Immense talent and is working hard though. Still not sure he's in the right head space at the moment. Be happy to be proven wrong.

He looks loose as......

Ready to do something complete stupid at any minute.

I'm assuming it's his NSW heritage.

One of my favorite players. Was stoked when we got him last year. Lotta people didn't think he had a very good year, I'm not one of them. I thought he was great. He's an excitement machine and so strong how he bust out of tackles. Freakishly fast and a phenomenal finisher.

I feel the same. I think it was Big Pete who pointed out how many tries he got from intercepts for the Titans, and how vulnerable it leaves the defensive line coming up looking for it.

So he may have looked more exciting for the Titans, scoring some blistering intercept tries, but it likely cost them more points ultimately because when he missed, the opposition had a yawning overlap.

I feel the same. I think it was Big Pete who pointed out how many tries he got from intercepts for the Titans, and how vulnerable it leaves the defensive line coming up looking for it.

So he may have looked more exciting for the Titans, scoring some blistering intercept tries, but it likely cost them more points ultimately because when he missed, the opposition had a yawning overlap.
Fair point actually. He definitely looks a lot more gelled with the team, more enthusiastic, and knowing the right time and place to put on the showy plays so far this year. I feel he's building to and on the verge of exploding form-wise (hopefully).

I liked some of his full blooded runs straight up the raiders guts on Friday. One or two were so close to becoming clean breaks out of nothing.

His tackle not sticking for the last-gasp try to the storm was unfortunate, but elsewise it looks to me like he's putting in a LOT more effort each play.

He's looked so menacing on the attacking kicks in goal. I'd love to see him put his winger across through the hands a bit more, his titans highlights reel comprises of a lot of this. Maybe it's his fault or our lack of attacking structure and playing too close to the line when doing sweeping plays.

Side note, the irony of dale Copley now effectively ending up as a straight swap for the titans just dawned on me

Been better for sure. But we still need a bit more depth on some plays to give him more space.

His attitude in defence seems to be much improved. He's never going to be really rock solid, but willingness to throw himself into tackles is good. Doesn't look to be caught out as much either.

Also, needs to get some tips from Hodges about when to run from dummy half.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • mrslong
  • Bish
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncosarethebest
  • NSW stables
  • Wild Horse
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Redux
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.