Justin Hodges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canga

Canga

NYC Player
Sep 16, 2008
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018868,00.html

Justin may leave the broncos after his contract expires in 2 years.

Justin Hodges is considering walking away from Brisbane Broncos for a career swansong in England after 2011.

Hodges has two final seasons to run on his current long-term deal with Brisbane. On Tuesday, he said it might prove to be his final NRL contract.

The 27-year-old strike weapon, set to embark on his first Kangaroos Tour, admits finishing his playing career in the UK Super League holds high appeal to him.

Both Hodges and club champion Darren Lockyer, who is set to sign a final two-year deal with the six-time premiers, will be off-contract at the end of 2011.

When his deal expires, Hodges will be 29 and a veteran of 12 NRL seasons, including a three-year stint at the Roosters from 2002-04.

"Yeah, it's definitely something that appeals to me," Hodges said.

"I've got two more years at the Broncos and after that, playing in England is something I've thought about and wouldn't mind doing.

"It would be a good experience to play footy over there and also to live overseas and be able to do a bit of travel and see some things."

Hodges' close friend, 2006 Clive Churchill medallist Shaun Berrigan, is currently completing his career in the UK Super League and has been a sounding board for the Broncos star.

His other pal Karmichael Hunt has left rugby league to embark upon an AFL career via a short French rugby union stint.

Injury has restricted the veteran centre to just seven Tests and after missing 2008's World Cup, Hodges says he's thrilled to finally tour with the Test team.

Before the Four Nations, the Broncos centre had played only the 2006 Tri Nations tournament in Australia and the annual one-off trans-Tasman Tests for the Kangaroos.

"This is my first time on tour and it's something I've always wanted to do," he said.

"I hear stories, it sounds like a great trip, I'm looking forward to experiencing it.

"I'm looking forward to playing on some famous grounds. I remember watching the Kangaroos tours when I was younger, for me to experience it will be something I'll never forget.

"The last time I was with the Australian squad (2006) it was only around Australia. It was not as much fun as over in England. The conditions are a lot different."

Hodges has played only two matches on English soil. Both were World Club Challenge games against St Helens at Bolton's Reebok Stadium - for the Roosters (2003) and Broncos (2007) respectively.

The Cairns product admits training and playing in the frosty English winter during Australia's month-long trip will be a novel experience.

"It will be freezing," he said.

"It's a lot colder, wetter and muddier. Hopefully we can go out there for 80 minutes and it goes really quickly so we can get straight back into a hot shower."

While Hodges is likely to start at right centre for Australia's opening Test assignment at Twickenham Stoop on October 24, against New Zealand, the wing spot outside him is up for grabs.

Check out the player movements thread.

Coxy said:
Thanks admin :P

Admin wannabe you mean.
crackoff.gif

I hope that smiley is not deemed inappropriate. :mrgreen:

Hahaha, no, fair call :P

I'll lock this topic and direct people to the Player Movements thread to discuss further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • BRC088
  • Wolfie
  • The Don
  • Maddy
  • Fozz
  • maddo
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  • Rowdy124
  • bb_gun
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.