• No train, no pay

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Sack manager

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Youth dentention centre

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • 3am visit from Shane Webke

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Real estate with his agent (who is now banned)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Basically just get fucked

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters
But how much of that is true, that is just what he says. Weren’t we investigated and cleared of wrongdoing?

The only proof of any of the claims from Kevvie not meeting him to lying to him about his position and being in the top 30 is the word of a temper tantrum throwing teenager doing everything he can to get out of his contract.

The doom and gloom accusations against for me are that you are more than happy to accept this because it’s against the club and not question the sincerity of the claims at all.
As Pete said. I only mentioned the 2 claims that have been corroborated- which is why I didn’t mention the top 30 promise or the position promise. The no meetings with Kev and no manager at the time of signing claims have been backed up.

Has to be one or the other does it? No middle ground? Also, how do you know the club isn't taking accountability? You don't think an organisation supposed well run will do a review into this and see what went wrong on their end? Do you expect them to come out to the public and say all of this? No organisation does that.
What are you on about, Buddy? When have I said anything about what the club is or isn’t doing in response to this? I haven’t made any claims about that at all. All I’ve expressed is my opinion that the correct reaction to this situation is for the club to accept responsibility and adapt the way they approach transitioning high quality youth into first grade - which they may very well be doing. While I get BHQ are bitter toward Karl and I don’t at all justify his actions, to focus vitriol at a kid rather then hold the club accountable is the wrong approach.

If a girl breaks up with you, even if she’s done so in an unfair way, only losers sit around thinking about how bad of a person she is and how she’s done you wrong. The right way to respond is to think how do I improve myself to avoid this happening in the future. Otherwise you’ll just keep getting cucked by the Phil Goulds of the world like what happened with Walsh, Karl, Coates, Dearden, and Sam Walker.

i mean looking from the outside the club has made the choice of mam as one of the halves and without knowing it is 100% true they wanted karl to change his body to play at 13 kid doesnt want to add to that his manager not being paid for another 3 years and you get someone pushing for a release.

what else can you do?

Not whistling Kevvie into the room is the one that blows my mind. Like what the ****?

Wally drops by the club nearly every day. He could've had a beer with Wally, Alfie, Kevvie, Locky and any number of legends who could've explained how you don't necessarily start where you end up. Wally could tell him, yeah I played lock and five-eighth, and look there's my statue.

I don't get it.

17 year olds are not legally allowed to drink alcohol ...

The majority of it, I did make an error. It wasn't the day of, it was the day before. Simon Scanlan corroborated this when he issued his statement in response to the Mole's article.

The Broncos claimed they were cleared but the salary cap auditor denied those claims a few days later. The Broncos were never publically cleared by the NRL.

It all comes down to whether it was ethically the right thing for the Broncos to sign a 17-year old without accredited representation. Legally they may have been within their rights but in the court of public opinion it doesn't reflect well on the club to pressure a young man like that.

The only point the Broncos disputed was that this all came to a head in November. Scanlan claimed it happened in June when Oloapu secured a new manager and asked for a substantial upgrade to his contract.

That's different than they lied to me about being in the Top 30 and they were going to ruin my career by making me into something I'm not.

I gave them my word and they gave me a chicken sandwich.
If that’s the case why is the June part never part of the conversation around the much earlier timeline and the upgrade demands? Or is a teenager with a motive to cause disruption more trustworthy than Scanlan?

If that’s the case why is the June part never part of the conversation around the much earlier timeline and the upgrade demands? Or is a teenager with a motive to cause disruption more trustworthy than Scanlan?
Never? It was reported on at the time and when Oloapu requested the release.

Never? It was reported on at the time and when Oloapu requested the release.
I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about the discussions in the media and on here.

Anyway we are just going round in circles so I’ll drop it.

I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about the discussions in the media and on here.

Anyway we are just going round in circles so I’ll drop it.
Where were you when we discussed this before? Parasitic managers, NRL turning a blind eye to The Dolphins flouting rules, whether Oloapu can identify both as a Kiwi and a Samoan. It's been discussed, I literally brought it up again and theshed covered it when he discussed that only losers point fingers for their failures.

Maybe this whole situation could have been avoided if the Broncos considered the player's best interests.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise and Karl wasn't worth the hassle.

Regardless, they're down one player they considered a future star of the club.

Where were you when we discussed this before? Parasitic managers, NRL turning a blind eye to The Dolphins flouting rules, whether Oloapu can identify both as a Kiwi and a Samoan. It's been discussed, I literally brought it up again and theshed covered it when he discussed that only losers point fingers for their failures.

Maybe this whole situation could have been avoided if the Broncos considered the player's best interests.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise and Karl wasn't worth the hassle.

Regardless, they're down one player they considered a future star of the club.

The Cows also just lost their brightest young half prospect to the Dogs. Do you suspect that is because the Cows didn’t consider the player’s best interests as well?

I think the reasons these conversations are going around in circles is because there seem to be two opposing views that aren’t that opposing.

I think most of us agree that the club has probably done something poorly here.

I can’t explain why Kevvie didn’t meet this kid, that seems a big error but this leads into an issue on this forum of Kevvie bashing at every opportunity by the same few and I think a lot of us are sick of reading this in every thread. For all we know, Kevvie may have planned to meet the kid but this kid had already checked out because he was getting bigger offers and advice from a new manager to agitate for a release. Maybe Kevvie didn’t plan to meet him and if not, that’s appalling from the coach, we just don’t know. If you are off Kevvie, you will assume he’s made the mistake here, if like me you still aren’t sure on Kevvie, you likely want to give him the benefit of the doubt but would believe it if he has stuffed up here.

Of course it seems like the club could have done something better in all of this and given the manager status at time of contract signing, seemed to take advantage of a situation they were blindsided by and didn’t create. Who knows, maybe this kid and his bro went in to sign the contract and pushed to make it happen so this could come out later. If what we’ve read is true, it is implied his new manager was already trying to pull some strings in the background. This is all he said, she said.

Basically, what we want acknowledged is that whatever happened, this kid has treated the club very poorly and should not be absolved of responsibility.

The same posters that say we should have kept Dearden, Coates, the Vaa brothers and so on ignore reality. The reality is you can’t keep them all and this side of the argument refuses to acknowledge the wins we have had with Mam, Mozer, Piakura, Hetherington, Cobbo and so on.

Yet we continue to pump out gun kids despite the fact those that do Jack all keep poaching some. Given the kids we’ve kept and the fact Walsh has returned, is losing Kylo, an unproven kid who thought he was bigger than the club really worth all the doom and gloom?

At the end of the day, the club probably should have done something different and no doubt they are doing that, I have more faith in this under Donuts than I did under White. I also don’t expect them to come out and announce this to the public.

What we can’t condone is a kid who hasn’t played first grade trying to dictate terms to the club, no matter how promising he is, it speaks to a bad work ethic and promotes the culture the club is trying to stamp out.

What I would like to know is who has apparently promised him a starting spot, this part I don’t believe. And if they did want him to become a 9 or 13, I’m ok with that, Mam looks our future in the 6, maybe even 7. Kylo by his own admission was unwilling to do what the team wanted, again alarm bells about his attitude. It isn’t like the club hadn’t outlined their planned pathway for him, they clearly had and he didn’t like it.

It is reported The flouted the rules and then the agitation started. In the end, neither he nor the club are innocent most likely but I’m always going to support the club over a cry baby and at the end of the day also, he isn’t at the club he wants to be at, let’s see how long he lasts there and regardless, we’ve made the most out of a bad situation.

I think a few of us are just sick of the constant Kevvie / club / Billy bashing from the same posters and probably overreact when a good point is made in relation to these points.

It’s not doom and gloom. I think we are overall on an upward trend and there are many talented players at the club.

I guess there are two types of people in the world though - those who blame others for negative outcomes (eg a 17 year old’s tanty) and those that take accountability for their losses (eg analysing where an organisation went wrong to lose the young player they put their chips on).
you're blaming the club , you are the negative one because you and McHunt continually bag the club .

there is only 2 things that is certain in this and that’s karl dropped his lip because he wasn't picked in the top 30 and his manager needed some coin.
both smokin Joe and 1910 have confirmed this .

They wanted him to train at hooker and lock, meaning he could be exactly the kind of player we need at 14. He could also cover the halves if need be. Basically, a massive upgrade on whatshisname.
that's why he wasn't happy, he wanted top 30 and to play 6

you're blaming the club , you are the negative one because you and McHunt continually bag the club .

there is only 2 things that is certain in this and that’s karl dropped his lip because he wasn't picked in the top 30 and his manager needed some coin.
both smokin Joe and 1910 have confirmed this .
I’m not exactly blaming the club, I’m saying regardless of who is at fault, the victim mentality or the mentality of “there’s nothing we could’ve done” won’t lead to any improvements.

I guess you could call it “bagging” but really it’s just holding the club accountable and having high standards. I think there are many worse clubs than the broncos but being the best of the bad clubs isn’t really the goal is it? The club should be aiming to be the best and you won’t get there without being comfortable with harsh truths.

There are heaps of positives at the club. Like the fact we identified and signed Karl to begin with - the issue is we didn’t stick the landing.

The majority of it, I did make an error. It wasn't the day of, it was the day before. Simon Scanlan corroborated this when he issued his statement in response to the Mole's article.

The Broncos claimed they were cleared but the salary cap auditor denied those claims a few days later. The Broncos were never publically cleared by the NRL.

It all comes down to whether it was ethically the right thing for the Broncos to sign a 17-year old without accredited representation. Legally they may have been within their rights but in the court of public opinion it doesn't reflect well on the club to pressure a young man like that.

The only point the Broncos disputed was that this all came to a head in November. Scanlan claimed it happened in June when Oloapu secured a new manager and asked for a substantial upgrade to his contract.

That's different than they lied to me about being in the Top 30 and they were going to ruin my career by making me into something I'm not.

I gave them my word and they gave me a chicken sandwich.
1910 said they were cleared of any wrong doing, so yes they were cleared

If a girl breaks up with you, even if she’s done so in an unfair way, only losers sit around thinking about how bad of a person she is and how she’s done you wrong. The right way to respond is to think how do I improve myself to avoid this happening in the future. Otherwise you’ll just keep getting cucked by the Phil Goulds of the world like what happened with Walsh, Karl, Coates, Dearden, and Sam Walker.

I am all for reflection and improving but the Broncos have done it well for others currently so why would they do it badly for Karl?

Mozer didn't train until he'd finished school and then started training one day a week on Fridays 12 months ago- was allowed to go to Schoolies.

Played MM in 22 and Queensland and then started full time training in the New Year-18/1/22 and played ISC games and was locked up for three years.

When he had his operation in August Ballin went and visited him in hospital.

The same people that were caring and slow with Mozer, letting him commute from the Coast stay at home, ease into it and now part of the top 30.

Those same people said hate you Karl you're not allowed near Kevvie ever here; have a chicken sandwich and shut up.

Doesn't add up.

I am all for reflection and improving but the Broncos have done it well for others currently so why would they do it badly for Karl?

Mozer didn't train until he'd finished school and then started training one day a week on Fridays 12 months ago- was allowed to go to Schoolies.

Played MM in 22 and Queensland and then started full time training in the New Year-18/1/22 and played ISC games and was locked up for three years.

When he had his operation in August Ballin went and visited him in hospital.

The same people that were caring and slow with Mozer, letting him commute from the Coast stay at home, ease into it and now part of the top 30.

Those same people said hate you Karl you're not allowed near Kevvie ever here; have a chicken sandwich and shut up.

Doesn't add up.
Great to hear Mozer was treated fairly. The similarities between Karl and Sam’s situation is the concern.

From your knowledge what interactions did Karl receive? Did Kev meet with him to discuss his plans for the future? Reynolds maybe? Was Ballen heavily involved with him?

Why does Mariner want to leave too if the Broncos don’t have room to improve in this space?

Active Now

• Battler
  • DrGee
  • Volvo Driver
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.