THE COACH Kevin Walters

I am wondering why a lot of the current roster are just simply not putting the effort in? Only Haas, Lodge and to a lesser extent Niu of late seem to have the heart. If it were me I would be working my backside off to at least attract interest from other clubs. I just don't understand why they are so mentally frail. I get that they have been beaten up badly most weeks but you'd think that they didn't want to be footballers any more.

Come on bro, I love ya but you’ve gotta give more than that. We all could have said this after what happened last night.
Dobbo this morning was talking about the entire football department and was mentioning recruitment, scouting, strength and conditioning, etc.

Given Kevvie kept mentioning a restructure, I'd say there could be some back office people shown the door as well

I am wondering why a lot of the current roster are just simply not putting the effort in? Only Haas, Lodge and to a lesser extent Niu of late seem to have the heart. If it were me I would be working my backside off to at least attract interest from other clubs. I just don't understand why they are so mentally frail. I get that they have been beaten up badly most weeks but you'd think that they didn't want to be footballers any more.
They've been mentally frail for years though.

Back in the Bennett days they would get up for the big teams but fall in a heap against the shit teams.

At the moment they are mentally frail and completely lacking talent across the squad, specifically the spine which has to be the worst and least productive spine in the comp

Dobbo this morning was talking about the entire football department and was mentioning recruitment, scouting, strength and conditioning, etc.

Given Kevvie kept mentioning a restructure, I'd say there could be some back office people shown the door as well
Surely lockyer’s role at the club is over. Seeing him clowning around with the channel 9 crew while the club is sinking is hard to stomach.

They've been mentally frail for years though.

Back in the Bennett days they would get up for the big teams but fall in a heap against the shit teams.

At the moment they are mentally frail and completely lacking talent across the squad, specifically the spine which has to be the worst and least productive spine in the comp
Not 'has to be'. It is the worst spine.

1. NIU 6. K Hunt 7. Gamble 9. Turpin
Thats putrid mate, 0 chance of doing anything with that spine. Look at the Cowboys game, Penrith game etc etc. Games we should have won 5 X over with even 2 good players in the spine.

Grab your popcorn and a nice warm blanket, and strap yourself in for the next few months @Skathen . Things are going to happen fast.
Yet another review huh. First we had the 'review' after we got belted by Parra in that semi 2 or 3 years ago (the pokies fisaco), then the netball chick did the pre-season review this year. Now a mid-season review is on the cards. How many reviews do we need? Maybe less talk and more action. We can hold 100 reviews but if the same shit keeps happening and nothing ever changes as a result of these reviews, what's the point. Apart from Seibold, who else has been held accountable for this mess? Nobody, that's who.

Yet another review huh. First we had the 'review' after we got belted by Parra in that semi 2 or 3 years ago (the pokies fisaco), then the netball chick did the pre-season review this year. Now a mid-season review is on the cards. How many reviews do we need? Maybe less talk and more action. We can hold 100 reviews but if the same shit keeps happening and nothing ever changes as a result of these reviews, what's the point. Apart from Seibold, who else has been held accountable for this mess? Nobody, that's who.
TPJ apparently lol

Found a few comments in that post match interview very telling.

Firstly, he let slip that "over the next 2-3 weeks" is the timeline when change will be happening.

When asked about if everyone's under review, he looked absolutely rattled. Started fidgeting, looked uncomfortable. He's been pretty quiet/calm up to this point, but this was actual nerves showing through tonight.

I think Donuts has taken a month, and decided on drastic changes. GOOD! Burn the joint down Donuts.

From the looks of Kev, he knows he's up on the wall now. If we spoon, doubt Kev sees out the year.

The biggest challenge is even if we shred our current roster, who do/can we even buy for next year that's going to save us from the train wreck?

If the club is in disarray and couldn't tip water out of a boot with instructions written on the heel, then who's going to come here? Has beens and rejects on overs?

This is now a 5 year problem unless we land some killer blows - like recruiting a top class coach. If it were my club, I'd throw stupid amounts of money at Bellyache. Like 10Mil signing bonus. **** the NRL's admin cap, they can suck a fat one - what have we got to lose honestly?

Club is a PLC... if this nonsense continues, share price will crash, memberships crash, attendence faulter - no money in = massive cutbacks and sell offs which puts us in an even worse position.
Looks timed around the bye too.

I'm one who happily ate my words on his change of form this year after being dropped to start the season. Always liked the bloke but he's been stinking it up for a while now. However he came back with seemingly a different attitude when he made it back into the team and I thought was quite good. Not vintage Oates, but solid. Not deserving of being dropped IMO.
Maybe not but Kevvie obviously isn't happy with him.

Grab your popcorn and a nice warm blanket, and strap yourself in for the next few months @Skathen . Things are going to happen fast.
You still think Kevvie is the man for the job? And what about bringing in Hodges?

Wonder what former Bronco Captain and legend Gene Miles thinks about our coach and the way his son in law is being treated. Not saying he is being treated badly but he is being dealt to.

Miles has been going to his Souths games to watch him.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.