THE COACH Kevin Walters

No one is overrating Paix. He’s average but he’s easily better than Turpin and most of Walters performances. It’s like how Martin is better than Niu but is still a bad long term fullback
You'd be closer to the truth by saying it was a choice between having aids or cancer....

The Raging Bull says:

“Hopefully no one takes this the wrong way,” Tallis told Triple M.

“If they move Kevvie on the club will turn into the Wests Tigers. It’s as simple as that. They had Wayne, they’ve had Seibold, you know Seibold was a mistake, they’ve had Griffin.

“You don’t want to be a club that keeps on moving coaches on because the players have the pull.

“At some stage in our game, and I’m talking about our game, the coach needs to make some mistakes and the players need to live with it.

“He’s the boss, no matter what. I was the one with the Wests Tigers when they were talking about the coach, I didn’t like it back then.

“Stop talking about the coach, he’s your boss, whatever he says you go out and do, it’s not the game plan it’s your effort that loses games and we’ve spoken about it before, what you back is your attitude and what you bring.”

James Graham says:

“Consistency has been an issue for Brisbane, I think that’s one of the things that they need to address,” Graham said.

“But there’s plenty of positives to come out of this and there’s plenty of things to work on.

“I think if they get that consistency right, they learn how to handle the pressure and the

expectation, they’ll definitely be around the top four next year if they play to their potential.”

Something is definitely going on in the club but I don't think sacking the coach at this time is the answer. Kevvie is still a very inexperienced coach and hopefully he has learnt a few things this year he can build on for next season. A new coach would just mean the start of another rebuild.

One thing I do agree with is moving on Billy Walters. Removes all suspicion of nepotism and lets Walters make hard selection decisions when required.

Saying that there has to be some repercussions for the late season debacle and whether that's achieved by moving on certain players or coaching staff or both I suppose we will find out in the coming months.

With nobody to replace him with I wouldn’t be moving Billy on, another minimum wage deal with Billy starting and Paix off the bench with the idea of letting Paix start and finding someone else to come off the bench.

With nobody to replace him with I wouldn’t be moving Billy on, another minimum wage deal with Billy starting and Paix off the bench with the idea of letting Paix start and finding someone else to come off the bench.
>nobody to replace him
The player we never wanted, and now we can't replace him?

There’s 25 Billy Walters getting around reserve grade and super league. He’s extremely easy to replace.

The Raging Bull says:

“Hopefully no one takes this the wrong way,” Tallis told Triple M.

“If they move Kevvie on the club will turn into the Wests Tigers. It’s as simple as that. They had Wayne, they’ve had Seibold, you know Seibold was a mistake, they’ve had Griffin.

“You don’t want to be a club that keeps on moving coaches on because the players have the pull.

“At some stage in our game, and I’m talking about our game, the coach needs to make some mistakes and the players need to live with it.

“He’s the boss, no matter what. I was the one with the Wests Tigers when they were talking about the coach, I didn’t like it back then.

“Stop talking about the coach, he’s your boss, whatever he says you go out and do, it’s not the game plan it’s your effort that loses games and we’ve spoken about it before, what you back is your attitude and what you bring.”

James Graham says:

“Consistency has been an issue for Brisbane, I think that’s one of the things that they need to address,” Graham said.

“But there’s plenty of positives to come out of this and there’s plenty of things to work on.

“I think if they get that consistency right, they learn how to handle the pressure and the

expectation, they’ll definitely be around the top four next year if they play to their potential.”
Captain James T Obvious Graham.

Something is definitely going on in the club but I don't think sacking the coach at this time is the answer. Kevvie is still a very inexperienced coach and hopefully he has learnt a few things this year he can build on for next season. A new coach would just mean the start of another rebuild.

One thing I do agree with is moving on Billy Walters. Removes all suspicion of nepotism and lets Walters make hard selection decisions when required.

Saying that there has to be some repercussions for the late season debacle and whether that's achieved by moving on certain players or coaching staff or both I suppose we will find out in the coming months.
Player reviews tues. Coaching reviews wed. Dobbo spoke with Kevvie today after freeing himself from his backside.

Are there splits in the playing group.....?

We've heard two players had a sook because KW yelled at them........ and Gamble reckons ARey is the attacking coach, not KW. (does Tyson's opinion mean anything other than **** all to everyone else?)

anything else to base this "split" on?

....and you're suggesting that if indeed there is a split, its somehow because of the father & son Walters team?

because Paix didn't get selected enough times to play......because Paix is playing so well in the lower grades, that he's demanding selection and KW is ignoring that..... over the bias towards his son?

If that's what the "lets sack Kev" theme is based on then.....I'm a hard no.

I think KW as others also suggest, needs to take a hard look at his entire coaching staff. Somehwere in there, is the answer to why we capitulated so badly in the last rounds of the season......someone/s in that group have dropped the ball badly. They would/should be rubbing shoulders with the players on a 100% fulltime basis....one of them should have picked up on something not being right. Even ARey should be questioned as to why as the team's captain.....he couldn't smell that something was wrong.....
You don't just fall apart like that when your season is on the line for no reason.....
I think the issue isn’t a split in the playing group it is simply the coach has lost the dressing room. Tyson’s comments whilst coming from Tyson had to have some merit for it to have been said. I saw a post with what Tyson said quoted and it was liked by Brenko Lee. That is 2 people with that opinion and I can’t help but think there must be more. Did those comments really shock anyone? I don’t even think anyone has denied that what he said was true, rather it was just a stupid and disrespectful thing to say.

Are there splits in the playing group.....?

We've heard two players had a sook because KW yelled at them........ and Gamble reckons ARey is the attacking coach, not KW. (does Tyson's opinion mean anything other than **** all to everyone else?)

anything else to base this "split" on?

....and you're suggesting that if indeed there is a split, its somehow because of the father & son Walters team?

because Paix didn't get selected enough times to play......because Paix is playing so well in the lower grades, that he's demanding selection and KW is ignoring that..... over the bias towards his son?

If that's what the "lets sack Kev" theme is based on then.....I'm a hard no.

I think KW as others also suggest, needs to take a hard look at his entire coaching staff. Somehwere in there, is the answer to why we capitulated so badly in the last rounds of the season......someone/s in that group have dropped the ball badly. They would/should be rubbing shoulders with the players on a 100% fulltime basis....one of them should have picked up on something not being right. Even ARey should be questioned as to why as the team's captain.....he couldn't smell that something was wrong.....
You don't just fall apart like that when your season is on the line for no reason.....

Just so we are clear, I am not on the sack Kevvie train, I haven't been all along. That said, I also don't think Billy is irreplaceable. Basically, what I'm saying is, some tough decisions need to be made and there's a number of reasons for this but one of the main ones is, Kevvie needs to be put on notice. The honeymoon period is over, he needs some power taken off him and I don't think we lose anything really if we lose Billy. It also takes away any perception amongst the players of favouritism, whether it is there or not. It adds to accountability.

If Billy is let go, you can easily replace him with any of Levi, Schneider, Clifford, Berrell, Simpkin, Asi, etc and lose absolutely nothing. Remove his assistants as well, make Kevvie know that you are safe but you need to up your game, otherwise you are gone if you don't next year.

Just so we are clear, I am not on the sack Kevvie train, I haven't been all along. That said, I also don't think Billy is irreplaceable. Basically, what I'm saying is, some tough decisions need to be made and there's a number of reasons for this but one of the main ones is, Kevvie needs to be put on notice. The honeymoon period is over, he needs some power taken off him and I don't think we lose anything really if we lose Billy. It also takes away any perception amongst the players of favouritism, whether it is there or not. It adds to accountability.

If Billy is let go, you can easily replace him with any of Levi, Schneider, Clifford, Berrell, Simpkin, Asi, etc and lose absolutely nothing. Remove his assistants as well, make Kevvie know that you are safe but you need to up your game, otherwise you are gone if you don't next year.
Can we really get Levi?

You think the other players......the ones YOU say, have a perception of favouritism, think those other players you mention, will do a better job then BW?

I doubt it......because none of those other players have been killing it anywhere.....none of them have been screaming out look at me.......
You don't replace a player for the same player.....and certainly not "just because". How do you know what BW's dynamic in the team is....how his team mates feel about him.....you say jealously.....where is that evidenced.?

I imagine BW giving his all....on the field and at training.....you can't say that he's not. Its just that his all....isn't enough. Its up to one of those other players you claim that could easily replace him, to take it off him.....and if you think they have already performed enough and KW has ignored them
....then you’re a biased as you're accusing him to be.

Many have said it....bring on a better player...a better replacement......
Maybe Mozer might kick off.....maybe Paix might....
their maybes are no stronger argument to sack BW than yours are.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Bish
  • The Strapper
  • Strop
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • achievedrap
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mister Wright
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.