Kodi Nikorima emerges as shock contender for Broncos fullback role after Darius Boyd

Re: Kodi Nikorima emerges as shock contender for Broncos fullback role after Darius B

I would never have guessed that Maranta is bigger than Copley... :shocked:

Re: Kodi Nikorima emerges as shock contender for Broncos fullback role after Darius B

I still want to see what Corey Oates could do at the back.

If Kahu was match fit I would like to see him fill in for Boyd. I think he could be a good player if he wasn't so injury prone.

Thin Gillette, he was bought to the club as a replacement for Karmichael.

Unbelievable ... I've been away for quite a while and I don't comment much in here, but I saw the topic about Kodi Nikorima (a kid with awesome talent in my humble opinion) and thought I'd just have a read.
The season's not even started .. the kid hasn't even got a freakin' tap on his shoulder and already the habitual naysayers in this place are all over him like a cheap suit. Coming in here used to be fun ... now it's downright depressing.
So I'm outa here ... maybe then I can actually start believing that there is something good and worthwhile about the team I support.

Unbelievable ... I've been away for quite a while and I don't comment much in here, but I saw the topic about Kodi Nikorima (a kid with awesome talent in my humble opinion) and thought I'd just have a read.
The season's not even started .. the kid hasn't even got a freakin' tap on his shoulder and already the habitual naysayers in this place are all over him like a cheap suit. Coming in here used to be fun ... now it's downright depressing.
So I'm outa here ... maybe then I can actually start believing that there is something good and worthwhile about the team I support.

What's preventing you from preaching Nikorima's merits?

You're hardly alone in rating the kid. Plenty of neutrals rate him as the best prospect coming through our 20s system.

Just reading you post and it seems you want a bit of each way, one minute you are praising him then next you are dirty on the world and wont praise him cause of the so called naysayers?
Every one is entitled to an opinion and they can comment as they please, this does mean you too you know.

Wayne has grown pretty fond of the Nikorima boys since his return to the club so it comes as no surprise he is in the mix. What also isnt a surprise is that he is top 25 contracted also so it isnt actually a bombshell that he is being considered, but being considered doesnt mean he will play either.

He was a standout in the 9s last year, not just for the Broncos, but for the whole competition. He came from literally lucky to get a jumper in the 9s to a bee's dick from getting the 6 jersey for Round 1 in 2014.

He, along with the rest of the team, tanked against the Warriors in the trial after a long and arduous pre-season.

Griffin got scared back into his shell and stuck with Hoffman.

I like the idea Nikorima in the 1.

I reckon they sit like this: Nikorima (attacking) - Kahu (balanced) - Maranta (safe).

He plays second-row? He is probably not quick enough either as he would of put weight on last year.

I just don't know how he's going to go at NRL level. I haven't watched him play much apart from in the nines but it looks like he'll get smashed every time he returns the ball and that he'll get steamrolled over in defence. Also, I'm not sure how well he would contest a bomb, he's pretty short, but he might have a big leap.

On the other hand, he has great attacking ability, however, although this is an advantage, it isn't essential as we have capable offensive players anyway.

Also, didn't Bennet imply that the reason he wanted Boyd was because he provided experience for the young half's? However, he could of said this to avoid blatantly stating that he picks favourites haha.

As much as I would love to see a young bloke getting a go and gaining experience, overall I find more disadvantages with Niko than I do with Kahu or someone else. However, Id'e have to watch him in a trial match to actually tell how he'll go.

I just don't know how he's going to go at NRL level. I haven't watched him play much apart from in the nines but it looks like he'll get smashed every time he returns the ball and that he'll get steamrolled over in defence. Also, I'm not sure how well he would contest a bomb, he's pretty short, but he might have a big leap.

On the other hand, he has great attacking ability, however, although this is an advantage, it isn't essential as we have capable offensive players anyway.

Also, didn't Bennet imply that the reason he wanted Boyd was because he provided experience for the young half's? However, he could of said this to avoid blatantly stating that he picks favourites haha.

As much as I would love to see a young bloke getting a go and gaining experience, overall I find more disadvantages with Niko than I do with Kahu or someone else. However, Id'e have to watch him in a trial match to actually tell how he'll go.

You make good points. . But your over use of "however" and switching points and countering yourself in the same sentences made it hard to read :P sorry ... Just feedback. Proof read maybe? But all good. I agree with you

Copley and Vidot will likely be playing on the wing. If Nikorima is poor under the high ball, we could be playing with less than 1 set of hands between the back 3 players.

Sorry man, haha iv'e got too many different thoughts at once. But I'm glad you agree.

Kahu has to be given the first crack at Fullback for mine, but I'm fine with trying Nikorima or someone else if he fails miserably in the first 2 months.

I still want to see what Corey Oates could do at the back.
Have to agree with this. I've always thought Oates was totally misused and could have handled any role in the backs. He wouldn't have gone anywhere near the forwards for several years if I had my way. I think Maranta is the safest option even if he is not gifted like other fullbacks. If a fullback lacks under the high ball or is a feeble defender ( Hodges ? ) it is more of a concern than is a mediocre level of attacking prowess.

So we play with one there in defense and one in attack fairly often anyway, so why not Maranta defends there and Kahu attacks there?

So we play with one there in defense and one in attack fairly often anyway, so why not Maranta defends there and Kahu attacks there?

Which two positions would you have them in ? Fullback and ....... ? Who would you leave out for Kahu ?

Which two positions would you have them in ? Fullback and ....... ? Who would you leave out for Kahu ?

Reed, piss him off... Wing would be them and Vidot with Copely and Hodges in the middle.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Hurrijo
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • Cavalo
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.