Kodi Nikorima re-signs

Still nothing. Nikorima looks ready to roll. Played halfback for the kiwis too. Don't go comparing Cullen or Roberts to him.

Also played halfback in the WCC.

I thought he did quite well considering it was just his second game as a halfback.

You're acting like Nikorima didn't play halfback for NZ because there were pretty much no other options. Also he really hasn't been that great in any particular position to imply he's that much better than Cullen, Roberts or Elgey.
He's not better than Elgey.

Im happy to have him until 2018. Hes young and will get better in each year. I only worry about where he will play as to get to his full potential he needs to play more game time. So Kodi makes 4 young guns signed or extended over last 2 weeks and one retirement. Busy at Red Hill

Im happy to have him until 2018. Hes young and will get better in each year. I only worry about where he will play as to get to his full potential he needs to play more game time. So Kodi makes 4 young guns signed or extended over last 2 weeks and one retirement. Busy at Red Hill

Who else have we signed up? I honestly have a blank on it!

Pearson, Opacic, Su'A, Kikorima - four very, very astute and good re-signings right there.

Have we re-signed Milford yet? I know it's likely that we'll keep him, but Bennett has done stranger things.

I'm pretty sure despite the reports in the courier Mail, Tom is still yet to sign.

Have we re-signed Milford yet? I know it's likely that we'll keep him, but Bennett has done stranger things.

your kidding right? no way in blue hell does he let milford walk from the club under no circumstances

With the speculation of us signing Mead and re-signing Nikorima, I'm wondering how we're going to keep Gillett and the mountain of important players we have off contract next season. I would have thought the retention of Gillett would be our first priority (unless he has already signed maybe I missed it?).

Parker + barba money off the books + losing maranta and wallace + cap increase is my guess.

I'm surprised we're in the hunt for Mead, I don't see any need. I would happily give Pearson a starting spot over signing Mead, younger, cheaper, coming through as a junior it might mean a bit more to him rather than another club to pay me a wage as Mead may see it.

I think Mead might be a depth signing at that. I doubt Bennett would pay decent coin for a backup winger.

Negotiations with Milford were set for after the Origin period.

I'm guessing they are still in negotiations.

Earlier this year I would have definitely taken Mead. However with the success of Opa and Pearson looking like a good prospect we wouldn't want to lose, there isn't much need for him and he wouldn't be cheap enough to be a backup.

Earlier this year I would have definitely taken Mead. However with the success of Opa and Pearson looking like a good prospect we wouldn't want to lose, there isn't much need for him and he wouldn't be cheap enough to be a backup.

Yeah, I'm with you on Mead. Hang on to Opacic and Pearson, and use that money somewhere else, although I do worry that depth in those outside back positions is going to be tested next year (losing Reed and Maranta, and knowing Kahu and Oates have had their injury struggles this year). I just don't think Mead would be coming on depth money.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Ozired
  • Johnny92
  • thenry
  • Organix
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.