NEWS Locky: Broncos are Milf's team now

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Anthonymilford7

Anthony Milford must deliver on his talent and become a leader for Brisbane, says Darren Lockyer

January 30, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
The line about him coming close to leaving for Malbourne has me intrigued. Did he ask for a release?

The line about him coming close to leaving for Malbourne has me intrigued. Did he ask for a release?

nope ... just another case of the media adding 2 + 2 and ending up with 22.

The Storm were losing Cronk and reportedly offered Milford over $1 million a season and we were only offering about 900k at the time

That probably would have been the end for me and Rugby League if that shit actually happened. Losing Cronk and immediately replacing him with Milford just solidifies the Storm as the comps darlings.

Well he doesn't really have any excuses anymore does he?

Big dollars, long term deal, keys to the halves, we're all in on Milford.

Let's hope he's all in on us.

The thing I love about Milford, is that he is a clutch player that can turn up for big games. Sort of the opposite of Hunt.

The thing I love about Milford, is that he is a clutch player that can turn up for big games. Sort of the opposite of Hunt.

I wouldn't describe him as a clutch player at all ...

I wouldn't describe him as a clutch player at all ...
He certainly can be, but at the moment is equally as inconsistent in clutch moments as well.
I think of that try he put on for Roberts against the Cows from the scrum to win the game.
Or the field goals (including the left footer) to win games.
Then I think of how he stinks it up in other games.
He’s got it in him, it just has to be trained and trained and trained in a hope that he nails it more often than not.

I only remember one clutch field goal to win a game from him. His other field goals were when the scrores we already blown out. His attempts at putting us exactly one point ahead have been misses most of the time (except that one left footed fluke).

Now Hunt is probably even less clutch than that. He's missed pretty much every field goal, and even though he did win a game or 2 in extra time, he usually chokes hard in pressure moments (kicking out on the full and what not).

I only remember one clutch field goal to win a game from him. His other field goals were when the scrores we already blown out. His attempts at putting us exactly one point ahead have been misses most of the time (except that one left footed fluke).

Now Hunt is probably even less clutch than that. He's missed pretty much every field goal, and even though he did win a game or 2 in extra time, he usually chokes hard in pressure moments (kicking out on the full and what not).

Vs Cowboys Rd 4 2016. From a good 35-40 metres too. I'll always remember that game for Thurston's epic tantrum after Milf nailed it.

Now Hunt is probably even less clutch than that. He's missed pretty much every field goal,

Have never seen him land one. At this point I'm convinced it's purely psychological with him.

Unrelated I remember Langer's first field goal, ugly as all hell.

Was in an Origin match wasn't it?

Actually no that wasn't the one I'm thinking of so it wasn't his first that I must have been thinking of cause I just saw a video of that SOO one and it was pretty decent, it was actually in 1993 the one I'm thinking of against the Bulldogs in the finals.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.