Look what's released this week

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
ImageHandler.ashx

In this book Lockyer, for the first time, opens up on the people, places; incidents and events which have shaped the life and career of an Australian sporting icon. From his days growing up and working at the family-owned truck stop on the outskirts of the tiny Queensland town of Wandoan, to his arrival at the Broncos as a teenage sensation and subsequent ascension toward rugby league immortality the book will shed new light on some of the biggest names and stories of the past two decades. Contributions from Lockyer's family and friends, as well as legendary figures like Wayne Bennett, Wendell Sailor, Andrew Johns, Mal Meninga, Johnathan Thurston, Gorden Tallis, George Gregan, Ricky Stuart and Craig Bellamy gives this book a unique edge, with each providing readers a rare insight into their view on Lockyer the player, the leader and the man.

Looking forward to this although I'm a little confused that's it's being released now. I'm expect an updated edition in 6 months with a chapter or two on his final season including the upcoming finals series.

Koch is a good writer. It's a shame he left The Australian to do the broadcast thing at 9.

If Lockyer is fair dinkum he needs to release a set of Audio tapes... Kenny Powers style.:smile:

Is that the same Dan Koch who uses to be a member of BHQ?

Just in time for Father's Day.

Read a snippet somewhere that Lockyer blasted the handling of WB and the negotiations with Bellamy. He was signed, sealed and delivered according to Locky, until someone offended him somehow.

I doubt this will be as honest and as open as I would like, he was very good friends and was actually with Wendell on the weekend he got done for cocaine in Sydney and he had been with Andrew Johns (another good friend) in the days leading up to his drug relatd capers coming home from London. I am in no way implying any wrongdoing by Lockyer but I would love to read his side about those periods and of those two guys.

Read a snippet somewhere that Lockyer blasted the handling of WB and the negotiations with Bellamy. He was signed, sealed and delivered according to Locky, until someone offended him somehow.
Must have offended Belly when he was told Brisbane are under the cap.

I doubt this will be as honest and as open as I would like, he was very good friends and was actually with Wendell on the weekend he got done for cocaine in Sydney and he had been with Andrew Johns (another good friend) in the days leading up to his drug relatd capers coming home from London. I am in no way implying any wrongdoing by Lockyer but I would love to read his side about those periods and of those two guys.

So why bring it up??? Wasn't aware Johns and Lockyer were good mates?? When did that happen? When Joey was cutting Lockyer out every time they played together??

When he was told, he wouldn't be fully in charge of the team.

So why bring it up??? Wasn't aware Johns and Lockyer were good mates?? When did that happen? When Joey was cutting Lockyer out every time they played together??

They are good mates and Lockyer was on tour with the Roos in England and had been spending off time with him just before Joey came back and got caught. He should bring things like that up because it would sell more books and make for a far more interesting read.

They are good mates and Lockyer was on tour with the Roos in England and had been spending off time with him just before Joey came back and got caught. He should bring things like that up because it would sell more books and make for a far more interesting read.

The media & certain fans would only highlight that part of the book.

Just like the media only seemed to hightlight Webcke's book about him being prescribed a banned drug & him testing positive to it.

Yep Brizz is correct. He was with Joey in England and Dell that infamous week end.

Yep Brizz is correct. He was with Joey in England and Dell that infamous week end.

As far as I am concerned it is just bad luck that he happened to be with those two mates just prior to those two incidents but I would love to hear his version of some of those events because I reckon it would make for very interesting reading.

Media also latched onto and exagerated Webcke's comments on the toilet-gate scandal to the point where Webby left the club because of it.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.