Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Vidot

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
Who would be in your best team, assuming Kahu has 1 wing and assuming oats is a back rower. Who do you have on the wing and why?

Maranta.

More reliable.

Vidot. Imo he is only 1 or 2 games away from finding his best. His best is definitely better than maranta's as well. It's just rarer at this stage. Just last year maranta was even more error prone as vidot. He deserve an either bigger chance imo as he has more potential upside.

Before the season started, I would have said Vidot. But Maranta has improved dramatically this year, even on last year which was already an improvement on 2013. And Sat night he just seemed to find that extra bit of strength/pace we haven't seen from him yet. SO I'd prefer him to Vidot now.

On the other hand, I hate the way we are using Oates - bringing him on in the last 20 minutes to play on the wing. I'd just stick him on the wing over both right now.

I really want Maranta in the team, but I like big wingers, so I'm enjoying seeing Vidot there at the moment.

I honestly can't choose.

Vidot is far more powerful, gets our sets started off better, and can (and has) run through multiple defenders to score. He is also more error-prone, both in defusing kicks and simply with the ball in hand.

Maranta is way safer. Kicking to him at the back end of games is useless - he'll catch every one. But he can only really score with the line open. And even though he's smaller than Vidot I would suspect that Vidot is still a bit faster. I have nothing to base that off except random snippets of chases etc.

And then you've got Maranta, the ultimate professional, who has got by purely on effort and determination, for which I have the highest respect. Vidot is far more talented, has let himself down in the past, but is working on redeeming himself.

Ultimately, Vidot has more potential. But the argument may be that we are able to score points sufficiently as a team anyway, so Maranta is crucial to not conceding them.

So yeah. I choose... I don't know.

LOL vidot faster? ? You're joking right? ?

Added a poll to the thread.

Vidot for mine btw, although Maranta has come much closer than I ever thought he would.

I'd also like to point out to people who are undecided that Maranta is more than 2 years younger than Vidot, and has a body far more suited to having a long and prosperous career on the wing. He's the far safer long-term choice, figuratively and literally.

Think I would have both instead of Kahu who I think is a capable utility but on recent form isn't commanding a starting position. If Kahu is locked in on one wing I would have Vidot just as a point of difference. I don't think our sets would start very well with a tentative Boyd, Maranta and Kahu.

Jordan will probably be on the wing whilst Hodges is around, but once he retires he's the natural replacement.

I'd also like to point out to people who are undecided that Maranta is more than 2 years younger than Vidot, and has a body far more suited to having a long and prosperous career on the wing. He's the far safer long-term choice, figuratively and literally.

I doubt either is considered a long term choice.

I doubt either is considered a long term choice.

Beg to differ, Maranta is the safest winger in the comp and hasn't bombed any easy tries by my count this year, he's also bound to improve in other areas as he matures, I'm perfectly fine with him being a long term choice at the moment.

If we could teach Vidot to be as safe under the high ball as Maranta ... We'd have the perfect winger

Also. . Kahu's kick returns have been extreme! He's launching himself at the defensive line like karmichael used to.
Maranta is startng to do the same. . Their kick returns were better than vidots last week

I went with Maranta as i feel he's a safer option and more of a 'true' winger.

Vidot brings power, but sometimes finds himself lacking in the defensive line.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bert_lifts
  • broncsgoat
  • MrMoore
  • lynx000
  • Muros
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.