Matt Lodge given permission to train with Broncos

This was always the case, it was announced by Greenberg before the season that he would be able to train with us at some time throughout the season but won't be able to play NRL this year.

It's always nice to be in the loop, ta NImitz.

2017 Lodge Stats

Round 1 (vs Bears) 43 Minutes, 12 Runs for 93m, 1 Try & Line-Break Assist, 5 Tackle Breaks, 14 Tackles, 1 Missed, 2 Errors, 1 Ruck Penalty.

Round 2 (vs Capras) 63 Minutes, 2 Tries, 16 Runs, 142m, 2 Line-Breaks, 4 Tackle Breaks, 2 Offloads, 14 Tackles, 1 Penalty

Round 3 (vs Tigers) 57 Minutes, 16 Runs, 142m, 1 Tacklebreak, 23 Tackles, 1 Missed, 5 Errors, 2 Penalties.

Definitely looks legit in attack and defence but offers up a lot of errors and penalties.

A long time out of the game, plenty of rust there and he is only 21. What did he have, 13 NRL games in total before his off-field behaviour?

I see him as a work in progress and I'm sure Bennett does too, but at 193cms and 110kg playing weight, not to mention plenty of wraps on him earlier in his career, there seems to be plenty to work with...

Plenty of other options before this bloke is rewarded for anything in life. Like a blind double amputee.
Training is just that. Besides, theres are a few more than him that shouldnt be playiing. Radrada admitted to domestic violence, and greg bird glassed his girlfriend. But you are right that there should be a time out of the game. I just hate the double standards for "name" players.

Training is just that. Besides, theres are a few more than him that shouldnt be playiing. Radrada admitted to domestic violence, and greg bird glassed his girlfriend. But you are right that there should be a time out of the game. I just hate the double standards for "name" players.

What double standard? We aren't discussing the other pieces of shit you've mentioned, so there was no chance for me to say what I thought about them playing.

Russell Packer king hit a bloke then kicked him in the head. Danny Wicks was a drug cook/dealer.

The NRL gives people chances. If Matt Lodge is a good bloke from now on, I'll accept him being at the Broncos. One **** up though, and he can hop on his bike.

Russell Packer king hit a bloke then kicked him in the head. Danny Wicks was a drug cook/dealer.

The NRL gives people chances. If Matt Lodge is a good bloke from now on, I'll accept him being at the Broncos. One **** up though, and he can hop on his bike.

I'm happy for people to have a second chance. Just at a club that isn't the one I support.

**** off to the Dogs. He's still not as bad as some of their fans either.

I'm happy for people to have a second chance. Just at a club that isn't the one I support.

That's fair enough. One of the things I love about this club is that we aren't a pack of shits like the Bulldogs.

It does make me cringe a bit to be associated with a dickhead like Lodge, but I'll give him a chance to impress me.

What double standard? We aren't discussing the other pieces of shit you've mentioned, so there was no chance for me to say what I thought about them playing.
I wasnt referring directly to your comment but the perveyance in the whole nrl with regard to player punishment. I keep seeing the book thrown rightly or wrongly at non-critical players, while stars have their problems swept under the carpet. How many people knew of john's drug abuse whilst sailor was banned for two years. In other sports, johns wouldnt have been allowed near a training field. He was assistant coach at parramatta and then named an imortal, with no reply or dis-association of the nrl. Dugan, ferguson are other examples. Sure they faced a time off the paddock but it was as much about brand image as anything else. It just frustrates me anytime this comes up.

I wasnt referring directly to your comment but the perveyance in the whole nrl with regard to player punishment. I keep seeing the book thrown rightly or wrongly at non-critical players, while stars have their problems swept under the carpet. How many people knew of john's drug abuse whilst sailor was banned for two years. In other sports, johns wouldnt have been allowed near a training field. He was assistant coach at parramatta and then named an imortal, with no reply or dis-association of the nrl. Dugan, ferguson are other examples. Sure they faced a time off the paddock but it was as much about brand image as anything else. It just frustrates me anytime this comes up.

Welcome to the choir. Those big name players get bums on seats. To the NRL, that's more important than anything. A shame really.

I would agree, but then you see those clubs winning prems because they have rep quality scum on their books for minimum wage. Lodge was and is a freak talent who has the ability to play for Aus.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.