Milford fastest player in broncos history.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/anthony-milford-has-become-the-fastest-player-in-broncos-history-after-smashing-the-clubs-sprint-record/story-fniabm4i-1227248118637

Good news indeed.

This pre-season Milford clocked the fastest time in Broncos history over ten metres, ensuring the club has the one element it lacked when Folau abandoned ship — pure speed.

Brisbane do not release details of their sprint times but Milford’s mark wowed players and means he is faster than the likes of Lote Tuqiri, Wendell Sailor, Chris Walker and Folau.

There were concerns Milford was gaining too much weight but it is understood he is actually lighter than he was at Canberra and has increased his lean muscle mass.

Sweet.

Hang on....wasn't he supposed to be getting fat?

Hopefully he turns out better than David "Strongest Bronco in History" Hala.

Hang on....wasn't he supposed to be getting fat?

Obviously the previous record owner was fat too.

He iz a lil fat doe in'nt he?

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously the previous record owner was fat too.

He iz a lil fat doe in'nt he?

Ali G. Respect.

Fucking loved that show.

Last edited by a moderator:
No no no this is all wrong, I was told he was fat and lost his speed by reliable sauces on here. The Broncos obviously altered the records so they wouldn't hurt fatty bombas feelings.

"Sure Anthony your fast, fastest we have ever had... Now eat us pie"

No no no this is all wrong, I was told he was fat and lost his speed by reliable sauces on here. The Broncos obviously altered the records so they wouldn't hurt fatty bombas feelings.

My reliable sauces tell me you have yet to name an SVRL team.....

Anna will not be pleased.

Lol at people in here. He clearly gained weight from last season. He has to have to defend in the front line. We can see it on him. He might be the fastest over 10m that the broncos have ever had, but guess what? He wouldve been even faster if he was going to have the number 1 on his back tomorrow night.

The denial by some is ridiculous. He is defending in the front line, milford himself has even said he has to gain a bit of size to handle the extra work. You think because he is still fast that it proves he didn't gain weight and size? Wow. I could gain 5 kilos and still run rings around pretty much everyone from our bhq Oztag team that we had going - doesn't mean I wasn't even faster before I gained the weight.

Did your sauce bring the pie? That would be a sauce with pie. Just the way I likem

From what i saw in Wigan (and what i heard about him at the nines) he looked to have lost some pace from last year.

Milford was super chunky a month ago when I saw him, as I said at the time, my hope was that he was bulking and then doing an epic cut for the month before the season, to try and muscle up, we'll see tonight how he looks compared to last month.

From what i saw in Wigan (and what i heard about him at the nines) he looked to have lost some pace from last year.
Wigan was a muddy track that would have felt like clag glue on your shoes. Didn't see much of the nines, what I did was at a pub with no glasses (besides the beverage vessels) so can't say anything about that.

"Pure speed" as the article above says over 10m?

10m?

Fantastic news! Then he can pass the ball to Vidot after he breaks the line with his pure speed.

Tell me about speed when we have the figures (for the whole backline) over 25, 50 & 100m which is what really counts.

A line break doth not make a try ... unless you have some "pure speed" that means something real.

The article literally says he's lost weight since Canberra.

Which goes against everything that every other article, Milford himself, and logic have all said.

He said he has put on size to cope with defending in the front line.
We have seen him, he looks noticeably bigger.
Every other article has spoken of him gaining weight for his new role.

"Pure speed" as the article above says over 10m?

10m?

Fantastic news! Then he can pass the ball to Vidot after he breaks the line with his pure speed.

Tell me about speed when we have the figures (for the whole backline) over 25, 50 & 100m which is what really counts.

A line break doth not make a try ... unless you have some "pure speed" that means something real.
I'd say being fast over the first 10 is arguably the most important. He's definitely not slow for the longer stretches, we've seen that.

Last edited:
First ten metres is crucial to make the line break in the first place

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Alec
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • The Don
  • Hurrijo
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.