BASKETBALL NBA

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I guess the advantage for the Celtics would be coming into the finals quick and healthy, same as the Nuggets last season. Meanwhile the western conference is like going through a blender.
Hope the Nuggets beat the Wolves, but wouldn't be too upset if it was the other way. Anthony Edwards is just too entertaining both on and off the court.

Edwards also has an amazing supporting cast around him. That is a scary team when they get up and running. I reckon they can win it all.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I wouldn't rule the Thunder out of the mavs series either. There is opportunities everywhere for them but they are getting baited into driving into traffic instead of just firing. Passing up too many open shots to try and get more open.

Sometimes you just have to take the one you got. The mavs swarming around the paint. Thunder not playing with enough smarts. Need another ball handler. That should be giddey but he is stuffing up their offense because he cant shoot and his effort and defence has also been horrendous. I still think he has those high school girl issues in his head. He is playing like a guy with a heavy mind and somebody that thinks everybody is judging him. Needs an offseason to get away from it all. Maybe the olympics will help

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Mavs win game 6 and the series by 1 point right at the end.
I can't help but feel this is Giddey's last game for OKC. He's been mostly unplayable for them, but with another year on his contract, some other team might take a gamble on him. OKC have a whole bunch of picks they can package with him for another wing and/or a backup centre and become even better next season.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That is a really disappointing end to OKC's season that promised so much.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Wow Nuggets AND Knicks - GONE!

The Wolves did amazingly well, they were almost 20 points down and then settled. Nuggets went cold and it was all over.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bit of a shame, but feels like Nuggets lack of depth really hurt them. Didn't replace the important pieces they lost in last year's run and just burnt out all the starters. They'll need to make moves during the offseason and hope their young defensive guys also make a big offensive jump.
Wolves and Mavs is a crazy match up. Don't think the Wolves have the offensive power OKC did, but their defence will absolutely hound the Mavericks. Anthony Edwards also just feels inevitable in the west.

In the east...well, still think Celtics will sleepwalk into the finals.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah Celtics, on form, should wrap it up pretty quick. It is such a shame both Lillard and Giannis went down at the wrong time, Bucks v Celtics would have been something. Even the Knicks, losing Randle and later Brunson just ended their decent hopes.

Mavs v Wolves might be a 7 gamer. Edwards and Towns v Doncic and Irving.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Mavs can't hit a three to save themselves and Wolves can't miss.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Mavericks and Timberwolves series has been insane so far. What a shot from Luka to win game 2.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Ant choked hard at the end. Imagine not taking the shot. That's you play for, those moments. Not like they needed the 3.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Ant choked hard at the end. Imagine not taking the shot. That's you play for, those moments. Not like they needed the 3.
Yeah, I understand Mavs going for the 3 even if its a tougher shot because screw going to overtime, but when you're down by 1 just go for a 2.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Mavs go 3-0. Honestly, despite a late run to even it up, Mavs always looked comfortable. Towns couldn't hit anything at all. Lively getting knocked out looked potentially momentum turning but the Mavs just rolled with it. The Celtics v Mavs is all but locked in, should be a good finals series.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Lively is out for a while its a huge blow for them. He's more valuable than Gafford even as a rookie IMO. Hopefully he's right to return.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If Lively is out for a while its a huge blow for them. He's more valuable than Gafford even as a rookie IMO. Hopefully he's right to return.

It should likely be maybe a one game break at most, depends on how bad the concussion is because he got whacked pretty hard and was wobbly when he got up.

Even so, I think Dallas still has Minnesota's measure unless Edwards or Towns can pull something out of their butts which right now, they don't look like doing.

Mavs v Celtics looks a really good finals series. Boston hasn't really had a challenge yet, Dallas is capable of giving them a big one.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
It should likely be maybe a one game break at most, depends on how bad the concussion is because he got whacked pretty hard and was wobbly when he got up.

Even so, I think Dallas still has Minnesota's measure unless Edwards or Towns can pull something out of their butts which right now, they don't look like doing.

Mavs v Celtics looks a really good finals series. Boston hasn't really had a challenge yet, Dallas is capable of giving them a big one.
Scary thing about Boston is they still have Porzingis to insert back into their line up

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I'm no doctor, but it was a knee to the back of the head, I think that's got to be the worst area of the head to get hit? I read that its outlawed in MMA and such.
You'd think Mavericks will win even if he's out for a week or whatever, but Celtics will be tough if he's not back because of some precautions or whatever.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm no doctor, but it was a knee to the back of the head, I think that's got to be the worst area of the head to get hit? I read that its outlawed in MMA and such.
You'd think Mavericks will win even if he's out for a week or whatever, but Celtics will be tough if he's not back because of some precautions or whatever.

Yeah he was down for ages and really struggled even back on his feet. It was a total accident, just got his head in the wrong spot at the wrong time but man it would have hurt.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Swordfish
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.