NBL

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Isn't it great that this is on FTA? Go the Kings. That is all.

Kings? Pfft - weren't they dead?

The NBL is the only sport in existence where I stay true to my roots and support my local team - NSW's first premiership winning team in fact!

Go the Hawkies!

dukey said:

About time.

I won't be watching though until the Bullets come back.

absolute joke Brissy don't have a team. I don't want to support the Blaze.

Jeba said:
dukey said:

About time.

I won't be watching though until the Bullets come back.

Hell yeah, Bring back the Bullets already!

They'll be back soon enough. The competition is moving in the right direction, a FTA contract is the most important move they've made in a decade.

Didn't help that the Bullets were owned by Eddy Groves, who proved to be a totally shonky businessman.

He was shonky. It just liked nice things. That he didn't pay for.

Breakers are doing very well. Superstacked team though.

Went to my first ever game on Sunday, to see the Kings play in Wollongong. Absolutely copped it from the Illawarrans post-game, but I suppose that's karma, considering I watched the Broncos v Dragons final two years ago at Shellharbour and tore into everybody around me.
Hawks still missed the finals so they can suck it anyway.

Anyone showing interest in the NBL this year??? With the NBA still in lockout we could be seeing Bogut in the NBL and the GC Blaze are favourites to get him which would be huge. Patty Mills is also playing in the NBL for Melbourne. Also hearing rumours of some other NBA players thinking of coming down under for a few games.. :rockon:

I wouldn't get too carried away with NBA players coming out here. I couldn't see anyone except absolute fringe players coming out here - it's not worth the effort for them

I wouldn't get too carried away with NBA players coming out here. I couldn't see anyone except absolute fringe players coming out here - it's not worth the effort for them
This is where the NBL need to assist teams to get stars here.

I wasn't expecting any massive NBA stars to come out here but fringe players will still make the product better and hopefully give the NBL a boost in media coverage. :rockon:

They seriously have no money. Bogut could probably buy the NBL
I was reading an article with the numbers players are asking, Kobe was asking 1mil every 3months. Alot of money no doubt, but if you advertised Kobe Bryant playing for say The Kings. It would be a sell out every game and at least half of those new fans to the NBL would stay. Companies would be happy to sponsor a star player and even then some of those Sponsors who might have never looked at the NBL would stay on. Short term loss long term gain. NBL either takes a risk or it never gains any ground in Australia.

Maybe...I'm still not sure that sponsor's would immediately jump aboard what's essentially a dead league regardless of who comes out here

Active Now

• Griffo
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncorob
  • Swordfish
  • Volvo Driver
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.