NFL Draft and free agent talk

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thought I'd make a thread dedicated to this seen as though the Combine is ocming up. I for one can't wait I love combine/draft and nit picking players.

To get the ball rolling: Tim Tebow is a 3rd round pick at best.

Re: NFL Draft talk

Personally I shudder every time I read a rumour that the Browns might draft him - as if we need to draft another over-rated college player!

Je$ter said:
Thought I'd make a thread dedicated to this seen as though the Combine is ocming up. I for one can't wait I love combine/draft and nit picking players.

To get the ball rolling: Tim Tebow is a 3rd round pick at best.

Agree totally. If anyone takes him before that, then they are stupid.

People keep going on about how he's like Michael Vick, and I don't mean his love of animals. Seriously though - he's not even close to Vick. No where near as quick, and Vick could actually throw the ball deep.

You just know Tebow is expecting to go in the first round...so it's going to be extremely funny when he doesn't. I'd have a camera planted on him for the whole first round, just to watch his grin disappear.

I think if he entered the draft last year he might have gone first round but no way he does this year.

Personally I'm intruigued as to who the Browns draft - so many needs...so little time...

You're absolutely right about both those points.

There are a lot of linesmen around this year, the Browns need a couple on either side. If they don't take some kind of linesman in round 1 then they are stupid.

As for Tebow. I have a funny feeling that he might end up at the Patriots, as Brady's back up.

The Browns need to go back in time and murder Art Modell before he shipped them to Baltimore - short of that I don't know what can improve them in the next 5 years!

Tebow will go tto Jacksonville. There's my pick of the draft.

Del Rio wants him, he thinks David Gerrard is a middle-tier QB and wants Tebow to try something new. (Personally I think he's wasting his time, Tebow is, and always will be a college player).

It'll be interesting to see who Oakland draft, much like the Browns, we need to fix so many holes, so quickly.

I'd like to see a solid OLB or MLB for the Raiders, but first and foremost, the OT and DT is where we need to most help. We couldn't stop the run and we couldn't make the run last year, even with Richard Seymour.

How come you go for the Red Sox and Celtics but not the Patriots?

Meat77 said:

Cause I fu*king hate them. I always have, don't know why. I have an affinity with the Raiders, can't explain that either.. just.. never liked the Pats.

Bannermania said:
Meat77 said:

Cause I fu*king hate them. I always have, don't know why.

It's called "being a normal human being".

Meat77 said:

Because he'd rather support some other rubbish.

I like the last line of that article best!

lol. Tebow won't go anywhere. He'll probably remain a FA after the draft. He's not the throwing at the Combine, so no-one will be interested.

I think he will still get drafted, just very late. Round 6 or 7 i'd say.

Some teams might just want him for wildcat.

Clintos said:
I think he will still get drafted, just very late. Round 6 or 7 i'd say.

Some teams might just want him for wildcat.

Wildcat is dead in the water. The Dolphins barely even used it this year.

There is no reas for Tebow to be drafted in the Wildcat when no-one uses it. Stupid Offense really.

You never know. Some teams might just want the option to do it. Add that extra set of plays to the offensive playbook.

The Eagles used the wildcat quite a bit last year BTW, but they had Vick, who IMO is the perfect player for that formation.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Skathen
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.