Nine to give up Friday Night game.

Does that mean we would go back to a delayed Friday game?

If so, don't want it.

I assumed it was the live game and getting rid of the delayed one.

Yep. As long as it's Saturday. Noon Sunday is dumb...unless the game is in Auckland.

There could be a problem there though .... doesn't foxsports have the exclusive right to broadcast Saturday games? eusa_think

I would love that.
I always fall asleep through the 2nd one, and sat afternoon is great time.

To answer your question Rock, because some of us are still fucking sleeping at 12 :P

The only major problem with Saturday afternoon is that lots of kids play sport Saturday so they and their families often can't make Saturday arvo games.

But the Titans got a good crowd the other week on a Saturday arvo. That might've been a novelty.

My problem with Sunday at noon is that the U20s will have to be on at like 9.30...crazy early.

Midday on Sunday what idiot thought up that idea.. 3.00 Pm kick off on Saturday and Sunday would be awesome.

Yep the Saturday arvo games were very poor in terms of crowds mainly as Coxy said cause people have other things on Saturdays. I think the couple they have had this year have drawn well because it isn't common, if it became a regular thing again I think crowds would quickly become medicore (at best) again.

I like day footy, however Saturday's are very family unfriendly.

Crowds will suffer and this will be reversed as soon as it starts.

IMO, for them to have more day footy, it needs to be an extra game on Sunday. nut not 12pm it needs to be at the normal times of 2 or 3 pm

The Rock said:
Foordy said:
IMO, for them to have more day footy, it needs to be an extra game on Sunday. nut not 12pm it needs to be at the normal times of 2 or 3 pm

I agree, but this will fark the TV deals up.

which is why it won't happen

Just out of curiosity what are families doing at 3 PM on a saturday??? Surely big crowds would be possible with this time slot. The AFL gets big crowds on Saturdays afternoons.

Beads6 said:
Just out of curiosity what are families doing at 3 PM on a saturday??? Surely big crowds would be possible with this time slot. The AFL gets big crowds on Saturdays afternoons.

That's one of the big times when school kids have their own sporting fixtures. so they wouldn't be able to get to the games.

Foordy said:
Beads6 said:

That's one of the big times when school kids have their own sporting fixtures. so they wouldn't be able to get to the games.

Don't most games get played in the morning?? Also I am pretty sure thre are juniors that play Friday night games also but this doesn't affect the crowd.

Juniors play mostly morning, but then mum or dad start in the arvo. I think its stupid TBH, but I usually don't watch the second friday night game anyways.

Would 9 even care about people turning up to games, they want people at home watching TV. It'd be the clubs who need the crowds.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.