No one taking Broncos seriously

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I do like that we are flying under the radar but time and time again we don't have players in the "team of the week" or are in the top teams in the team ratings. We are alone at the top of the table, every single expert except noted Broncos admirers/fans are tipping the Cowboys to win this weekend. They might be right, but EVERY single expert, really? It's good we are flying under the radar but it is almost unbelievable

Well tbh the Cowboy are playing at home on the back of a 7 game winning streak with confidence behind them and MacGuire is suspended which stuffs us up a bit in the forward battle so you can understand why people would be tipping the Cowboys. I'm leaning towards the Cowboys as well.

In Big League Warren Smith tipped us to win by 4 in his big match up preview.

I'm fine with us flying under the radar at the moment.

But I imagine only the media will be the people not taking us seriously. I imagine opposition teams will be taking us very seriously.

Just to point out, we're 4th favorites to win the premiership.

Good, it's so much better when they think we'll lose and we win. That's how I want it to be every week.

Just to point out, we're 4th favorites to win the premiership.

Don't get me wrong this is the most confident i've been about our team for a few years and it's great we are doing so well but I feel the talk about winning a premiership and bringing all the glory home is to premature. We are still a third of the way through the season and anything can happen in the next few months. Rugby League is such a fickle game.

I'm expecting the Broncos to get into a bit of a slump.

I just hope we're in a strong position when it happens. But I think 2016 is our best chance of winning a premiership.

Our halves are going to have to step up. Way higher than they've done this year.

Step up consistently, for 80 minutes. On the occasions they do, they win matches .. on their own or by setting up plays. We have seen it a number of times this year. Our back row and outside backs are class. They need quality ball. Oates as one example, showed last week what happens when Hunt does his stuff. More please. A lot more, especially to Gillett who is under-utilized for mine

I think we'll get to the semis and run into teams with a bit more class, but it'll be nice to be there or thereabouts (even if that does smell of failure a bit).

Our attack needs to improve before we can be taken seriously as premiership contenders. It feels like very few of our tries this year have come from well-constructed sets of six or any serious momentum in attack.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be happy with where we are at the moment though; our defence has been outstanding recently.

Nothing has felt convincing yet.

We got flogged by the premiers and have gotten away with "all on black" Ben Hunt decisions against the Panthers and Roosters.

Otherwise we've so far beaten mediocre oppostion.

So far the predicted high flyers (Souths, Penrith) have had a run of horrific injuries. The Cowboys had a slow start but are now firing. The Storm, Bulldogs, Souths and St George quietly going about their business.

Manly will be spoilers come post Origin.

Bennett will earn his keep in how well the players are conditioned and preserved over the next 3 months.

Milford form is sort of a microcosm of the team generally.

There's sheer talent and class there, and there have been some undoubted moments of brillance, but it's still a bit haphazard.

Milford form is sort of a microcosm of the team generally.

There's sheer talent and class there, and there have been some undoubted moments of brillance, but it's still a bit haphazard.

That's fair. And i think it'll come. By the end of the season we will look pretty good

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.