Not a happy club

It pisses me off that we are wasting time reviewing the bistro options at the leagues club while the very few decent players available are signing elsewhere. It really shows that on field performances are not the top priority for this club anymore.

are we? not even Badel is running this story
Seems an oddly specific thing to make up a story about. I hope it's just Dobbo being dobbo because Paul White should not be organising any reviews.

I'm not on LinkedIn so I couldn't see her account but a quick Google search found she has been...

CEO of the 2009 ICC Women’s World Cup, Chief Operating Officer of Queensland Rugby Union, CEO of the Brisbane Roar and, most recently, the Head of Commercial and Strategy for Global Rapid Rugby, and is currently the CEO for netball QLD.

Sound right?

What a joke.... decent sized tournament but does anyone remember the winner of the 2009 women's world cup? The Broncos are a bigger operatation the QLD rugby union and netball QLD probably combined monetarily and supporter-wise. And wtf is global rapid rugby?!

Even if you could argue against all the above points does she still even warrant being seen as an all knowing voice? None of the above operations are even similar to the Broncos. And on top of that, it's delaying our entry into the player market, and a new CEO is starting anyway. Wtf are they thinking here....

If this was a review by someone who was an ex CEO of the bloody Lakers or real Madrid or some shit but had a little bit of knowledge of the Australian landscape sport and commercial wise (this is not a real person I know) you'd understand but....

Last edited:
I just think they've fed Dobbo a smokescreen. You'll find they conduct these reviews after every season and they rarely dredge up anything that people at the club aren't aware of.

Don't think for a second that Kevie isn't drawing up a list. Just keep your expectations in check. Unless a signing falls in their lap, they're not going to sign an elite player that will fix this over night. They'll probably sign a few players who can help bolster the squad and help achieve a better balance across the park so they're not throwing development players in the deep end.

We
I just think they've fed Dobbo a smokescreen. You'll find they conduct these reviews after every season and they rarely dredge up anything that people at the club aren't aware of.

Don't think for a second that Kevie isn't drawing up a list. Just keep your expectations in check. Unless a signing falls in their lap, they're not going to sign an elite player that will fix this over night. They'll probably sign a few players who can help bolster the squad and help achieve a better balance across the park so they're not throwing development players in the deep end.
threw development players in because we had an unprecedented injury list. Hopefully with different training and medical staff that won’t happen again.
I don’t expect one player to turn it around but I also don’t think having a better balance of mediocrity across the squad is going to get us back up the top of the table. We certainly have the $750k we were going to pay Fifita so why not identify a quality hooker/fullback and chase them. At least then we would have one piece of the puzzle and this time next year we can add to them.

All say what you will but needs to be a reason nothing of substance has been forth coming from those with such tasks.
If this is the reason then I’m more than happy to accept it as such, but not withstanding it’s still fucking disappointing that some clubs can celebrate their season and our mob still can’t get their act together.
I'd hoped we’d be on the way back to respectability (wooden spoon) however It appears these ***** can't even find the race let alone the starting line.

We

threw development players in because we had an unprecedented injury list. Hopefully with different training and medical staff that won’t happen again.
I don’t expect one player to turn it around but I also don’t think having a better balance of mediocrity across the squad is going to get us back up the top of the table. We certainly have the $750k we were going to pay Fifita so why not identify a quality hooker/fullback and chase them. At least then we would have one piece of the puzzle and this time next year we can add to them.

the free agent market right now isn't good. there is SFA quality available.

so our goal for this pre-season (recruitment wise) should be to be ready to pick up a player that may suddenly hit the market (and only if they improve our squad, not buying for the sake of buying) ... also identify where our weak spots really are and be ready to become a major player in the market for the 2022 season (when a large number of players are off contract)

Why are we only looking at free agents? Players who aren’t off contract are changing clubs and clubs are dumping players that are still contracted. We should be targeting players rather than reviewing leagues club revenue streams.

I'm not on LinkedIn so I couldn't see her account but a quick Google search found she has been...

CEO of the 2009 ICC Women’s World Cup, Chief Operating Officer of Queensland Rugby Union, CEO of the Brisbane Roar and, most recently, the Head of Commercial and Strategy for Global Rapid Rugby, and is currently the CEO for netball QLD.

Sound right?

What a joke.... decent sized tournament but does anyone remember the winner of the 2009 women's world cup? The Broncos are a bigger operatation the QLD rugby union and netball QLD probably combined monetarily and supporter-wise. And wtf is global rapid rugby?!

Even if you could argue against all the above points does she still even warrant being seen as an all knowing voice? None of the above operations are even similar to the Broncos. And on top of that, it's delaying our entry into the player market, and a new CEO is starting anyway. Wtf are they thinking here....

If this was a review by someone who was an ex CEO of the bloody Lakers or real Madrid or some shit but had a little bit of knowledge of the Australian landscape sport and commercial wise (this is not a real person I know) you'd understand but....

Education​

Last edited:
so our goal for this pre-season (recruitment wise) should be to be ready to pick up a player that may suddenly hit the market
The very reason we are so fucked. This has been our succession plan for too many past seasons. Have a look at Politis, farming out Flanaghan to get Suaalii - not waiting for someone to fall off the production line.

Time for some forward thinking and for people on the board capable of dragging us into the 2020’s and the finals.

We

The problem was they had NRL contracted players who should have been on development deals. You can understand maybe one or two being upgraded but when you've got Dearden, Paix, Coates, Hopoate, Palasia and Vudogo all on NRL deals with players underneath them it's going to wreak havoc on your roster. Especially when you've got players like 21 year olds in your starting forward pack trying to lead the team around.

Throw in players the coach obviously didn't want around like Kahu it was always going to be a tough ask for the Broncos.

Education​

There's probably dozens on Australian administrators with the same or more experience at far more successful organisations then the majority of them. That's how they get to become CEOs... The only one that the Broncos should beimpressed by is the ICC stuff, and that was over 10 years ago.
I get she might offer up a different point of view but I really, really hope the club isn't looking at this as a solution finder...

There's probably dozens on Australian administrators with the same or more experience at far more successful organisations then the majority of them. That's how they get to become CEOs... The only one that the Broncos should beimpressed by is the ICC stuff, and that was over 10 years ago.
I get she might offer up a different point of view but I really, really hope the club isn't looking at this as a solution finder...
Mate, I would not know whether she can provide any answers to us, I was simply responding that on the basis of her CV she is qualified to undertake the review, in response to the comment what would someone running Netball Qld know about conducting a review on the Broncos.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • ParraMania
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Boss
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Astro
  • Foordy
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.