CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 8 Discussion

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
That’s not what happened at all, in fact it was basically the opposite. He grabbed the back of his leg (not his knee) for a second but got straight up and played the ball. The ref blew the penalty into the next play.
It`s not even the ref they are doing the acting for it`s the bunker who will call for the penalty and sin bin .

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
**** the NSWRL ... they have their golden children and for some reason rorters and storm are in there despite bringing zero to the game.

This competition makes it so hard, near impossible, to support from a team outside the chosen ones... surprised tigers have any fans at all, but why the **** would the NSWRL think about putting a second team in NZ when they don't give any shits about them in the first place

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
1050.jpg
James W - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 699

Oh well, on to next week. That 5 day turn around is just what we need.

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
4804.jpg
Tragic - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 11,606

Lussick is an able replacement for Egan, getting better and better

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
14.jpg
Viking - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 6,320

We’re fkn used to this, no Warriors fan wants to see our team have to play in Melbourne on Anzac Day. We expect to get fkd by the ref and bunker in important games, it’s more important to the NRL that the Storm are successful than NZ league.

Volvo Driver

Volvo Driver

QCup Player
Jul 9, 2020
Good game. Well done Storm. Love Harry Grant. I so so so wish we had a 9 like him.

Warriors came out hard tonight and probably would have won it if it weren't for their injuries. They have a tough run over the next month so will start falling down the ladder soon.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I am so sorry warriors bros, that was putrid how badly you guys were ripped off in that game. I am fuming.

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
187.jpg
Mr Frank White - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 11,163

NRL Twitter is absolutely copping it over the Smith knock on.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Got to say though big nelson proved tonight that a big elite prop is one of the most valuable players a team can have, Storm had nothing till he came on and he completely changed the game for Melbourne, even with alot going their way it was still only possible because of him.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
713.jpg
Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 13,067

I don't really understand why that became a priority ruling this year. There are a lot of more important things to fix than leaning on the ball to stand up. It is not like you get an advantage.

I think Gould explained this as it being due to when the defensive line is allowed to move. To make the offside ruling simpler for the refs it is better when a player stands, places the ball then rolls the ball all relatively simultaneously. If the ball is placed on the ground, then the player stands and rolls it, it complicates and muddies the refs control of the line.
**** the NSWRL ... they have their golden children and for some reason rorters and storm are in there despite bringing zero to the game.

This competition makes it so hard, near impossible, to support from a team outside the chosen ones... surprised tigers have any fans at all, but why the **** would the NSWRL think about putting a second team in NZ when they don't give any shits about them in the first place
Melbourne winning ensures they get bigger crowds, which will definitely bring more money in a sport-mad state than many other NRL teams in poorer areas. It's all about money.

NZ in contrast being in the competition is a remnant from a time where they were focused more on capturing actual sporting areas and talent pools over money.

Roosters is politis. That is money right there. Business and political deals made at games. Imagine the team played like busteds.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Melbourne winning ensures they get bigger crowds, which will definitely bring more money in a sport-mad state than many other NRL teams in poorer areas. It's all about money.

NZ in contrast being in the competition is a remnant from a time where they were focused more on capturing actual sporting areas and talent pools over money.

Roosters is politis. That is money right there. Business and political deals made at games. Imagine the team played like busteds.
I think NZ would be better though, NZ cares way more about league than Victoria does and it's reflected in Warriors having a much higher average home attendance this season because they are much better than before, they also have the option of moving to Eden Park if they get too big for Mt Smart.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I think NZ would be better though, NZ cares way more about league than Victoria does and it's reflected in Warriors having a much higher average home attendance this season because they are much better than before, they also have the option of moving to Eden Park if they get too big for Mt Smart.
Easy enough to manage then. Warriors get attendance even when they're going poorly. We have never seen how Melbourne crowds look on a poor season

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Easy enough to manage then. Warriors get attendance even when they're going poorly. We have never seen how Melbourne crowds look on a poor season
They are currently on track to be the highest season Attendance wise for 27 years, the first 2 seasons they came into the competition were their best and it dropped off big after that.

Melbourne averaged under 10k in the early to mid 2000s playing at the Olympic park which would of been horrible to go to as the seats are miles away from the field and there is no covering for weather, I think they would do better then that now if they are bad because they have a much better stadium, but I think of all the major cities Melbourne is probably the worst one NRL could of tried to make a club, a club in Perth or Adeliade that was run as good as they have been would be doing much better regarding crowds imo.

The stadium Matters, like currently Roosters are easily 1st of all Sydney teams and have been getting solid crowds at the new ground this year, a massive turnaround from last year.

This incredibly poor designed website basically has all the information you would need to know about all of it.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
They are currently on track to be the highest season Attendance wise for 27 years, the first 2 seasons they came into the competition were their best and it dropped off big after that.

Melbourne averaged under 10k in the early to mid 2000s playing at the Olympic park which would of been horrible to go to as the seats are miles away from the field and there is no covering for weather, I think they would do better then that now if they are bad because they have a much better stadium, but I think of all the major cities Melbourne is probably the worst one NRL could of tried to make a club, a club in Perth or Adeliade that was run as good as they have been would be doing much better regarding crowds imo.

The stadium Matters, like currently Roosters are easily 1st of all Sydney teams and have been getting solid crowds at the new ground this year, a massive turnaround from last year.

This incredibly poor designed website basically has all the information you would need to know about all of it.
Yes, but the point is that Melbourne attendances are going to be different to NZ attendances. Melbournians would typically watch NRL if they were in town and their local AFL team was not playing because it would typically be a sport to watch and have a drink. Just Melbourne things. AFL>>>>NRL. If the team was plodding, the true fans would reveal themselves, and I would imagine there are not that many. The Melbourne numbers also probably are pumped up by tourists visiting one of the two major cities in Oz with one team playing and you're able to get decent tickets, unlike the AFL in Melbourne.

NZ, on the other hand, loves footy. The team does its job there even when it's not going great. People go to watch the Warriors because it's a good crowd and it's a fun night out. I have been in the rain there watching and the guys were friendly, funny and just keen to watch footy. It wasn't a flashy affair, but it felt right. Mind you, that was 2014 or so and the stadium was not great. I don't think the NRL puts much effort towards the warriors at all. They are just a given. Really, they should start making some noise, especially after they went the extra step and a half during corona.

Active Now

• marw
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.