NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Raiders - Cornish at half, McCrone at hooker like it should have been. Ikin also rated them higher than the Broncos.
Sorry Pete you know your footy so this must've been a brain fart. McCrones biggest faults in his game are his passing, organising, reacting to the moment and defence, the most important skills for a hooker, all McCrone can do is run. Ahead of him for the hooker role should be Hodgson, Baptiste, Buttriss, Cronin and McIlwrick.

With the signings of Austin and Williams hopefully McGroan will never see first grade again. (Though I do expect Ricky to unfortunately name him in the #14)

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Oh no, I definitely agree going into 2015.

That whole post was about discussing Big League's 2014 preview discussion.

The important part about that equation was Cornish at halfback. McCrone at hooker just ensures Cornish's security in that position as well as an admission that the Raiders dummy half stocks weren't that crash-hot in 2014. Considering how loyal the club seemingly is to McCrone, him playing dummy half or off the bench, seemed like the best move at that time.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Thankfully that loyalty started to slip when Ricky hooked him mid game, worst 20minutes by a half in the history of rugby league.

Just actually popped in to see if you guys had a thread on players misbehaving. With yet another NRL player getting done for domestic violence was hoping some BHQ members would get on board with a zero tolerance campaign, email, tweet, facebook em even their sponsors #zerotolerance for violence against women. Too many of the germs are getting away with it.

Last edited:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Thankfully that loyalty started to slip when Ricky hooked him mid game, worst 20minutes by a half in the history of rugby league.

Just actually popped in to see if you guys had a thread on players misbehaving. With yet another NRL player getting done for domestic violence was hoping some BHQ members would get on board with a zero tolerance campaign, email, tweet, facebook em even their sponsors #zerotolerance for violence against women. Too many of the germs are getting away with it.

https://broncoshq.com/rugby-league-talk/22547-nrl-players-hot-water-10.html

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Bushman said:

There had been so many ordinary McCrone games I can't believe I missed this. Which round was it?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Round 24 against the Sharks.

He was Awful with a capital A.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Got to love how in touch with everything the NRL is. Look at how long their game day hashtags are now!

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/543885682070937600

They learned pretty quick to use locations instead of mascot after #NRLTITMAN. Making The Nut made a snappy joke about being lucky it was Manly and that Cumberland was no longer in the comp.

Those long hashtags just wreak of trying to attract those who know nothing of the game. Now the average grunt will know what the teams are, but will it make them care enough to watch?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Is that the same Walker that has bitched and moaned about every club that he's played for?

He seems a lot more mature these days, that's for sure. And I have to fix up what I said, he was my favourite player when he was at the Broncos.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
He'll get a run at the Jets since his brothers are the coaches, but I can't imagine even Wayne Bennett with his love of bringing back oldies giving him a run at the Broncos.

4evaBroncs

U18 Player
Jan 4, 2015
2015 predictions
Hey guys, I have an idea, why don't we have a comp - whoever is the closest to the predicted standings at the end of the season gets a prize. But what should the prize be, I'm a bit uncomfortable with money? Or we could just do it for fun. These are my predictions:
1. Bulldogs
2. Rabbitohs
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Panthers
6. Broncos
7. Warriors
8. Storm
9. Sea Eagles
10. Dragons
11. Sharks
12. Knights
13. Titans
14. Eels
15. Tigers
16. Raiders

This is not part of the competition obviously but just out of curiosity, what about the:
Biggest improves?
- Sharks

Biggest disappointments?
- Tigers

Other questions to think about is whether JT can finally win a gf with the Cows? Or if the Rabbits can go back-to-back?

I'm psyched for 2015!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Good idea, can an admin make this it's own thread please? [MENTION=1976]Nashy[/MENTION]

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
So apparently the eels are odds on favourites to snare Keiran Foran... Funny when you think about where that will leave wunderkind Norman

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
So apparently the eels are odds on favourites to snare Keiran Foran... Funny when you think about where that will leave wunderkind Norman

He's probably in the running for the fullback spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Mustafur
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Painin the Haas
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.