NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Wait, i was told Sam was only gonna go to where he would receive the best coaching and he'd take less to do so hahaha

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
would be a total roosters move to go sign lewis dodd after he was warned off the tigpies lol
think that welsby guy wants to stay in the ESL a bit longer remember reading it somewhere.

Welsby is more a 6 or fullback really. Dodd is more like Ben Hunt so i'm not sure they would suit what the Rorters are looking for. Probably the best performing half in Superleague that would suit the Rorters style is Jordan Abdul.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Funny that this guy was being thrown around in the same conversations as Dearden and Walsh just a couple of years ago. He's nowhere near either of them currently.

Yes...some were devastated at the time (we lost him).

Dunno. He's been hot & cold since his season 1 at the Rorters......

I thought he was gonna kick on....and was lamenting his loss (to the Broncs) but.....
I'd have no probs if we took a pass
if
he wanted to come back.

Is it true Jock Madden was training with the boys this week.......ARey resting?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I think Walker is still going to be quality. Its just not working alongside Keary.

Maybe that's it because so far, I'm not seeing it. Not annoyed that we lost him at all so far. I didn't watch him coming through though tbh.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Ezra vs Keary

Tedesco vs Walsh

?

On paper......
he's with class right now at the Rorturds.
I don't reckon Tedesco is the issue. I don't think he gels with Kearys playstyle.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I don't reckon Tedesco is the issue. I don't think he gels with Kearys playstyle.
So....

Ezra vs Keary......

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

I'm not sure......

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think Walker is still going to be quality. Its just not working alongside Keary.
Neither have a long kicking game to win field position and it would seem the rest of the comp have finally adapted to the six again era to reduce the roll on dominance that they get through the ruck.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
So....

Ezra vs Keary......

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

I'm not sure......

I think Walker in some ways is a bit Thurston like in that he is just a footy player. He's played a fair bit of footy really for a half his age.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Probably, but he is just really young and it takes time and experience to get the best from the position.

Don't think he is suitable for our team until he gets some rep and finals experience, if he replaced Reyno our spine would be far too young.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Probably, but he is just really young and it takes time and experience to get the best from the position.

Don't think he is suitable for our team until he gets some rep and finals experience, if he replaced Reyno our spine would be far too young.

He's fairly experienced for a 20 year old. 50 or so games is pretty good but he does still have plenty to learn.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
He's fairly experienced for a 20 year old. 50 or so games is pretty good but he does still have plenty to learn.
any other spine position and that would be fine, but 7 is an age + experience thing in most cases.

I do wonder if it's helped by the brain maturing age of around 25 kicking in lol.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I think Keary has realised his head was probably the one on the block at the Roosters after all the concussions and time out of the game, he's stepped up, taken control and outplayed Walker this year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Maybe that's it because so far, I'm not seeing it. Not annoyed that we lost him at all so far. I didn't watch him coming through though tbh.
To be fair, he was probably known for his schoolboy Rugby than in Rugby League.

He didn't have anywhere near the amount of attention David Fifita, Payne Haas, Tom Dearden etc. did.

It really wasn't until Mal Meninga Cup he earned any sort of reputation, then all bets were off after the U/18 Origin game.

I'd like to think this is more about getting Manu more involved than an outright demotion for Walker. Once Manu is more settled into the team, I see Walker returning and it being a minor blip on the radar. The exact same thing happened with Manu and Latrell.
Wolfie said:
I think Walker is still going to be quality.
Especially if he moves to a club just up the north to Brisbane...

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow/Isaiya Katoa/Sam Walker/Harrison Graham

Could be something there, Wolfie! A few of the MM players should be emerging by that point too.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I also wonder if it because in the coach’s eyes, the halves aren’t working so one needed to be dropped, so he chose the young guy. If Kesey gets dropped at his age and history of head knocks, him coming back at all might not happen. Walker on the other hand has time on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • mrslong
  • Big Del
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Ozired
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.