Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
"There's gotta be an investigation"

"Somebody has to be accountable"

It's coming....just you wait.

People blowing up deluxe about DCE winning the CC but are unable to name someone more deserving lol.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I thought the penalty-try was a fair call as Aubusson intentionally held Lyon back and Lyon most likely would've dived on the ball and scored.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Lyon is allowed to ground the ball with any part of his body, so yep fair try.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
I thought the penalty-try was a fair call as Aubusson intentionally held Lyon back and Lyon most likely would've dived on the ball and scored.

yeah same. you can see argument from the other side because Lyon was short and the bounce didn't look terribly good ... but I'd like to see those given as a penalty try. Giving a sin-binning instead of a penalty try is taking the option that favours the offending team more, which doesn't strike me as right. Pulling back a guy without the ball is a really cynical foul and you shouldn't get any favours at all when you do that.

Thankfully the end score means that people will not bitch and moan about it either, which is a massive plus

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Was a great grand final and is in my top 5. 2 outstanding teams battled their way throughout the whole game and the result was in the balance till the 75th minute and it took some brilliant skill by Michael Jennings and a great comeback to decide the game. Best grand-final since 2006 IMO.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Friend is probably the 3rd best hooker these days, very slightly behind Farah. Meanwhile the best NSW have coming through is....Rein?

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
The Roosters' defence didn't look anywhere near as solid as it has for most of the year and they looked beaten through the middle for a lot of the game too, which are both really uncharacteristic.

its a great testament to the Roosters that they still managed to find a way to win.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
Friend is probably the 3rd best hooker these days, very slightly behind Farah. Meanwhile the best NSW have coming through is....Rein?

blurgh, Rein is garbage. reckon they'll have to wait until Michael Lichaa hits his straps before they have a good replacement ready. meanwhile Friend and Srama both look the goods :thumbup1:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I wasn't a fan of the penalty try decision tbh. Awarding a penalty try should be seen as a last resort and I thought there was far too much doubt to award it. On the other hand, I'm unsure if the alternative would have worked out for the Roosters.

Forward pass from Maloney to Mini was the most influential call of the night.

Penalty try every day of the year. I think people get hung up on the commentators' (incorrect) statements that the referee has to be absolutely sure beyond any doubt that a try would be scored. The rules just say "in the referee's opinion a try would be scored if not for the infringement". Frankly I think Lyon was odds on to score, so fair penalty try. If that's not one, then there might as well not be a penalty try rule.

As for the forward pass, well, let's be honest, forward passes like that get let go 1000 times a week in the NRL. I'm ok with it, it's consistent with things.

The miss of the kick being played at late in the first half was more unforgiveable. Touch judge has one job. Watch the ball. If he couldn't see that the Roosters player threw his foot out and got a touch on it then he might as well not be out there. Disappointing because Steve Carrall is one of the better douchebags.

I thought the penalty for "attacking the legs" of Pearce was a joke of a call, and then to miss Lyon being taken out on a bomb in the second half was pretty terrible.

Manly had the raw end of the deal from the referees, but all things considered, I think the Roosters still deserved the win. They came home the stronger in the last 20 minutes.

Daly Cherry Evans a deserving CC Medalist though. Hard to argue he was the best player on the field.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Just on the penalty try, I still don't fully understand why Lyon didn't get two shots on goal (as the possible 8 point try). All the penalty tries I've seen in the last couple of seasons involve taking the conversion at the line of the try and then in front of goal. My mates tried to explain it to me during the game, but I still don't understand?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
That's not a penalty try, it's a 8 point try. That's awarded if a penalty is committed on the try scorer at the time he scores, or immediately after.

A penalty try is awarded if a try hasn't actually been scored, but the referee is confident it would have been the case, were it not for a penalty committed by the defending team. Those do not get an extra conversion attempt.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
That's not a penalty try, it's a 8 point try. That's awarded if a penalty is committed on the try scorer at the time he scores, or immediately after.

A penalty try is awarded if a try hasn't actually been scored, but the referee is confident it would have been the case, were it not for a penalty committed by the defending team. Those do not get an extra conversion attempt.

Ah righto, I thought they were the same thing, now it makes sense. Cheers

Active Now

• kat00
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • lakers133334
  • Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.