NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Telegraph is reporting that The Sydney Roosters are $800,000 under the salary cap for 2018 and will use the money to lure Cooper Cronk on a one-year deal.

What a joke, right?

And the Bulldogs have "solved" their salary cap woes by swapping one of their depth fullbacks with a forward from the Raiders.

Are they even trying to hide it any more?

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that The Sydney Roosters are $800,000 under the salary cap
:porthozthinksthisishot:

tumblr_mqld2q6gT81scjd8ro1_500.gif

Last edited:
Fine, we'll take Keary off their hands.

So they've lost Evans and Guerra and signed Tedesco but are still 800k under...makes sense to the NRL.

Rumour is Cronk to roosters. Do they have a salary cap seriously....?

Yeah what's the point of Cronk going to the Roosters? They're not moving either of Keary or Pearce, and Cronk isn't playing off the bench lol.

The scenario that makes the most sense is the Sharks releasing Maloney or the Sea Eagles releasing Green and Cronk coming in to fill their shoes for a season or two.

I wouldn't mind taking either of those 2 guys for a year.

Ryan Hoffman is returning to the Storm on a 1 year deal.

I know he wants to be in Sydney or wherever but hes welcome here at the Broncos (Cronk)

So, hypothetically this is the 17 the Storm will be trotting out next year.

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Glasby
11. Hoffman
12. F.Kaufusi
13. Funicane

14. K.Bromwich
15. Kasiano
16. Asofa-Solomona
17. P.Kaufusi

Grand final bound again, probably.

So, hypothetically this is the 17 the Storm will be trotting out next year.

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Glasby
11. Hoffman
12. F.Kaufusi
13. Funicane

14. K.Bromwich
15. Kasiano
16. Asofa-Solomona
17. P.Kaufusi

Grand final bound again, probably.
:glasscageofemotion:

What are the rules around retirements and the World Cup? If Cronk had announced his retirement, would he have been allowed to play in the tournament? I've posted elsewhere, but I have the feeling he'll announce it after the tournament is done.

What are the rules around retirements and the World Cup? If Cronk had announced his retirement, would he have been allowed to play in the tournament? I've posted elsewhere, but I have the feeling he'll announce it after the tournament is done.
Those are my thoughts too, which is kinda selfish imo.

Those are my thoughts too, which is kinda selfish imo.

It is understandable though. If you are the best in your position, why shouldn't you get to play in a World Cup just because you are retiring? It is a World Cup, you should be picking your best side, choose for the future after.

It is understandable though. If you are the best in your position, why shouldn't you get to play in a World Cup just because you are retiring? It is a World Cup, you should be picking your best side, choose for the future after.
I agree but hasn't Mal said they won't pick retiring players? If that is the case, he's circumventing the "rules" for his own personal gain, definition of selfish.

For a man of integrity etc, its not out of his usual playbook.

He hasn't announced it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • ozzball
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • peter09
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Ronald
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • whykickamoocow
  • Brocko
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.