NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
I wouldn't mind Pearce at the Broncs. Quality half for club level. New club new beginning under Bennett, could fire him up to a new level.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I wouldn't mind Pearce at the Broncs. Quality half for club level. New club new beginning under Bennett, could fire him up to a new level.

giphy.gif

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

Whats next? Paul Gallen?
Seriously some of you need to listen to yourselves with saying you want Pearce at the club. Actually sit down and seriously think before you say it. We arent exactly dried up and have no decent half at the club what so ever.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Whats next? Paul Gallen?
Seriously some of you need to listen to yourselves with saying you want Pearce at the club. Actually sit down and seriously think before you say it. We arent exactly dried up and have no decent half at the club what so ever.
Wow, settle petal. I was sitting down and I did think when I posted that. In my opinion, Pearce is a pretty decent half at club level, ***** me what happens when he pulls on the sky blue, but at club he can steer a side around and is pretty complete for a half. He is not awesome Thurston like but he ain't shit either and would be a handy pick up for 2 maybe 3 years if he is available.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kodi playing half and I hope he makes a good go of it next year if given the opportunity but if Pearce was available you'd have to investigate the option.

As for the young fellas coming thru, aren't they real young, the ones being talked up? In 3 or so years time then yes, if they are around give them a crack, till then all options are open (if fitting in our cap).

Also don't really care that he is a blue, as long as he performs on the field week in week out then all good.

The thing is, would he come to Brisbane?

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Whats next? Paul Gallen?
We have thought about it.

He’s a very good club player.

He’d add something we don’t have - an organising half who has won a premiership.

Shit; I’d pay a mil for him or Maloney before I got the chequebook out for Ashley (no actual achievements yet but want a mil a year) Taylor

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Todd Carney has signed with the Northern Pride for next year.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We have thought about it.

He’s a very good club player.

He’d add something we don’t have - an organising half who has won a premiership.

Shit; I’d pay a mil for him or Maloney before I got the chequebook out for Ashley (no actual achievements yet but want a mil a year) Taylor

I'd have Maloney in a heartbeat. He is miles ahead of Pearce.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
And they're going to keep Pearce and play him as a bench utility. They'll lose Brock Gray or someone just to make sure they're under the cap to sign SBW next season.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Even on the off chance they can shed 1-2 other players and keep Pearce, I highly doubt Mitch will want to be a bench player after playing as well as he has at club land the last couple of years, I reckon he'll ask for a release.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
What a fucking joke. They add Tedesco and Cronk and lose what SKD, Guerra and Kane Evans. Yep, that seems legit my ass

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
How long do we continue with the mockery that is the so called salary cap, it really only punishes teams who try to do the right thing building from within and recruiting smartly where needed without abusing the system, it doesn't stop the cashed up teams still getting around it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
What a fucking joke. They add Tedesco and Cronk and lose what SKD, Guerra and Kane Evans. Yep, that seems legit my ass

this ...

and people think we cheat the salary cap ... FMD

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Adding two elite spine position players to a team that finished Second over all reeks of a rort.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
When they lose Pearce they'll use that as justification for signing another huge name (probably SBW given how unpopular he is in NZ atm), ignoring the fact that they replaced him with Cronk on more money, and added Teddy on over a million.

How the hell do people still think we're over the cap when you look at the rorters, Cows, Storm, or Warrior squads?

EDIT: They're going to re-sign Keary as well, so he won't be cheap, plus they can't use the excuse that they got him for a bargain.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
this ...

and people think we cheat the salary cap ... FMD
To be fair, most people who think we're cheating the cap ALSO think that the Roosters are cheating the cap.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
How is Cronk going to go from being captained by Smith to being behind Boyd Cordner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mustafur
  • Fatboy
  • Alec
  • Scdeac
  • Scorchie
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.