NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he went to the Dogs, it would go one of two ways. Either he can keep his on field and off field stuff separate and if he can, they would immediately become a threat because a gun middle like him is exactly what they need or his on field and off field will derail and further destabilise the club. I also just don't see how they can afford him given they've bought half the comp in the last two years.

The Roosters have been reportedly trying to offload Crichton due to salary cap issues so if they suddenly have enough money to sign him, that would be 'interesting'.

St George could afford him you'd think and on field wise, he'd be a great pick up but off field, they don't need any more destabilising influences.

Am I heartless.

I hope they deny the request.

Clubs have to make a stand, I am over I want a release because of some bullshit SOB story.

This stinks of club interference.

From the Warriors forum:

Gus right now.

He loves using compassionate grounds to get out of contracts.

Fonua-Blake made his NRL debut at the Sea Eagles in 2016 and played 97 games before requesting a release, also on compassionate grounds, in 2020.

Yep... seems to be his go to... when in reality I'm pretty sure he's just trying to get out of his contract for a pay bump.

He left manly and became one of the highest paid props in the game at the time.

This time around he's probably doing a Haas where he knows he can get a significant pay bump thanks to the year he just had and also the money that Haas and Tino just commanded.

I've actually changed my view on Luai staying at the Panthers. IMO, he's got his premierships, he'll now reveal his true self and become a mercenary.

he's reportedly posted on Instagram, an anime-styled image of himself with the caption ‘Know Your Worth’ ... He also accompanied the post with 50 Cent’s Hustler’s Ambition, which is the lead single to the famous rapper’s 2005 feature film Get Rich Or Die Tryin’.

a clear dig at Ivan and the Panthers

I've actually changed my view on Luai staying at the Panthers. IMO, he's got his premierships, he'll now reveal his true self and become a mercenary.

he's reportedly posted on Instagram, an anime-styled image of himself with the caption ‘Know Your Worth’ ... He also accompanied the post with 50 Cent’s Hustler’s Ambition, which is the lead single to the famous rapper’s 2005 feature film Get Rich Or Die Tryin’.

a clear dig at Ivan and the Panthers
He's a triple premiership winner and turns 28 in 2025 which is the year he's extending or moving for. He deserves to chase top dollar, good for him if someone offers him big money TBH.

I don't think he'll be a big loss, but he could be a good pickup in a good system (like a Melbourne/Warriors) but he would be useless at a basket case like the Tigers.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. He may not care about anything other than collecting $ so he could be a trap signing for the next club too. Hard to be motivated when you've done it all, 3 times in a row.

Luai really isn't that good. Don't get me wrong, he's decent but is he even in the top five 6s in the game? Maybe but he is a fair way behind Mam, Munster and Dearden. I'd argue he is also behind Brown and Walker.

I also think there are a couple of others better than him too and I really doubt he has the game to become a game manager and wherever he goes, he certainly won't be with anyone as good as Cleary because there isn't anyone as good as Cleary. On the money he will want, he will be going to be the main man, what happens when it inevitably all falls apart?

Anyone wearing the 6 jersey in that Panthers' side would look good, Luai is an extremely lucky man to maximise a very average talent by how good everyone else around him is.

I hope the Panthers pay up. it would be their first signing mistake in years and it would be a big one if they sign him for as much as they have reportedly offered.

I think Luai is a bit like Smith, he’s good, plays his part and is a good piece of the whole but you make him the whole and he will find out life was pretty good playing your part and winning comps on 500k a year.

If they can get a quality replacement it will ease the pain somewhat but that’s still going to hurt them losing arguably the second best prop in the game behind Haas.

If they can get a quality replacement it will ease the pain somewhat but that’s still going to hurt them losing arguably the second best prop in the game behind Haas.

Yep for sure. Interestingly though, in theory they are the only top four team to strengthen one position both Penrith and Brisbane will be weaker in - centre - with RTS coming on board. There's a useless fact.

I want to be closer to my family because they aren't well...in 2025. Do players even think about how stupid they come across as at times?

Wouldnt be letting him go for anything less than a like for like trade with which ever club he is going too

turpin off to the dogs it seems,was it him that they were chasing before he signed his last contract at the broncos?

turpin off to the dogs it seems,was it him that they were chasing before he signed his last contract at the broncos?

They finally get their man :rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.