NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracey to the Dogs is official. I really don't understand their recruitment strategy. They are screaming for middles and so they have signed an endless amount of utilities. They could potentially put out a really good backline with no one to lay a platform or direct them around.

I mean seriously, how is this team going to get on the front foot against anyone?

1. Taaffe/Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Burton
4. Crichton
5. Addo-Carr/Wilson
6. Salmon/Chicken/Kann - haha how funny is this
7. Sexton
8. King?
9. Mahoney
10. Knight?
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran?

14. One of the 18 useless utilities
15. Hughes?
16. Sutton?
17. Kautoga?

Man that side is either hoping to go around sides or is going nowhere up field.
think it will more likely be

1.crichton
6.taaffe/sexton
7.taafe/sexton
9.mahoney
14.salmon

biggest question will be who plays as the 7 and who plays as the 6
forwards till aids but there is value as we have seen in Q cup ect that wont cost a fortune no frills forwards.
tracey seems a option if crichton is a bust at 1

think it will more likely be

1.crichton
6.taaffe/sexton
7.taafe/sexton
9.mahoney
14.salmon

biggest question will be who plays as the 7 and who plays as the 6
forwards till aids but there is value as we have seen in Q cup ect that wont cost a fortune no frills forwards.
tracey seems a option if crichton is a bust at 1
Looks like Luai will be playing at 6 if the Bulldogs get their way...

Does anyone know about the bulldogs having 31 players signed on their squad for next year. Are you allowed to do that?

I think they are trying to boot out Faitala-Mariner but he doesn't want to go. I would love for him to dig his heels in and see what comes of it.
Like what happens with us, but rarely seems an issue anywhere else

I'm surprised it's not closer to 50 given the amount of players they've signed recently.

I think I can see what they're doing but damn, they need to chill. I imagine there's a decent crop of kids coming through so they're just trying to patch the team until they're ready. It seems proper out of balance though

I think they are trying to boot out Faitala-Mariner but he doesn't want to go. I would love for him to dig his heels in and see what comes of it.

Wasn’t it reported that he was told to not come to Bulldogs pre-season?

Yeah probably, I wonder how that stands from a legal perspective.

As long as they're still paying him, they're probably ok from a legal perspective .... Their biggest issue will be that he's taking up a top 30 spot, so unless he agrees to go elsewhere, the Bulldogs will effectively be running with about $400k less on their cap and a top 29 squad.

Does anyone actually rate RFM tho? Just seems like a total meh player in a club who has struggled for anything positive in the last few years. How'd he end up captain in the first place is a q that needs to be asked?

Does anyone actually rate RFM tho? Just seems like a total meh player in a club who has struggled for anything positive in the last few years. How'd he end up captain in the first place is a q that needs to be asked?

Yeah, he's a plodder like Josh Jackson.

A few years ago he had a bad foot injury that didn't heal and I think there was some speculation his career would be over. But he had the "inspirational comeback" and I always thought he was awarded the club captaincy because of that.

A couple years back he was an ok workhorse that could play second row and had an offload.

On a low contract he could reinvent himself as a no frills prop ala Adam Blair... except he can also play 80mins on an edge if needed.

I think his actual issue last year was injuries... but it might've also been Ciraldo trying to force him and his contract out the door... although I'm not even sure if he's on a big contract.

I dont recall thinking that his body had just completely failed him and he'd fallen off a cliff.

Coming into 2023 he was considered a lock for 80mins on the right edge and also named captain, but Preston appeared from nowhere during preseason... so maybe Ciraldo was happy to go with the minimum contract rookie and hope that someone would take RFM off his hands

A couple years back he was an ok workhorse that could play second row and had an offload.

On a low contract he could reinvent himself as a no frills prop ala Adam Blair... except he can also play 80mins on an edge if needed.

I think his actual issue last year was injuries... but it might've also been Ciraldo trying to force him and his contract out the door... although I'm not even sure if he's on a big contract.

I dont recall thinking that his body had just completely failed him and he'd fallen off a cliff.

Coming into 2023 he was considered a lock for 80mins on the right edge and also named captain, but Preston appeared from nowhere during preseason... so maybe Ciraldo was happy to go with the minimum contract rookie and hope that someone would take RFM off his hands
Also it's pretty hard for a lot of players to look good in such a crap team (Hass maybe being the exception).

Signing spree continues...

Fantastic player, risky as an any long contract is but he is a super talent and should have played SOO this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.