NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
🚨 Inside Scoop Alert 🚨
Confirmed by the player himself ‼️

Tom Dearden’s new contract will be torn up tomorrow and he will be de-registered effective immediately by the NRL.
The Townsville Bulletin can confirm that:

“Tom Dearden has revealed his ambition of accomplishing a feat unmatched in nearly 60 years of rugby league - winning six premierships in six years for the North Queensland Cowboys.”

The only way any player other than a Bronco can say anything so outrageous, is if they are higher than a kite strapped to a rocket! On that note, it’s clear that Tom is off his head and isn’t fit to compete in a professional sport.

🚨 Inside Scoop Alert 🚨
Confirmed by the player himself ‼️

Tom Dearden’s new contract will be torn up tomorrow and he will be de-registered effective immediately by the NRL.
The Townsville Bulletin can confirm that:

“Tom Dearden has revealed his ambition of accomplishing a feat unmatched in nearly 60 years of rugby league - winning six premierships in six years for the North Queensland Cowboys.”

The only way any player other than a Bronco can say anything so outrageous, is if they are higher than a kite strapped to a rocket! On that note, it’s clear that Tom is off his head and isn’t fit to compete in a professional sport.

He should focus on one first ... Especially considering they've missed the finals for two of his three years in Townsville

I recall talk on BHQ that Luai should be someone we target for the vacant 7 spot after he had debuted.

I believe @Big Pete may have indicated that he was one of the gun junior 7's coming through, but was stuck behind Cleary and potentially Burton at Panthers and would be a good option to look at.

Based on that he may be a player that has been playing within himself in the panther system and I'll be interested to see what he brings when the team is his rather than playing second fiddle
When Cleary and Luai were both beginning to emerge professionally, it was Luai who actually played halfback. Now, Cleary was always considered to have the higher ceiling and nothing changed about their formation (Luai left, Cleary right) but Luai was more than just a runner.

Jaromne's biggest challenge will be playing both sides of the ruck. It's rare that he comes out of that left corridor, and there's times where he painfully has to step three or four times to get where he should have been to begin with.

It's now official... Luai will be going to the Tigers in 2025 on a 5 year deal reportedly worth "more than $1.2 million per season"

Didn’t Richardson say the Tigers needed to stop making such signings? The big money long term signings. And then they go ahead and do it.

Didn’t Richardson say the Tigers needed to stop making such signings? The big money long term signings. And then they go ahead and do it.
I think Luai is a very different type of signing. Look it was the right idea wrong player. Luai doesn’t drive culture or obtain great leadership qualities and doesn’t have a consistent and sustainable 1.2 million dollar performance in him without a number of million dollar players alongside him. I don’t see where the value is coming from if they don’t recruit better around him.

If he was overpriced alongside a quality number 7 sure but I just don’t think Tigers have the cattle to get what you want out of him currently. In saying that for 1.2 million they have a 3 time premiership winner at 26 years old. They got themselves 5 years to get the best out of him and that will mean improving heaps of areas of there side. They have there hands on some very talented pieces at that club it’s not all doom there. The 5 years is what’s of value to them they have 5 years of a top quality 6 with his prime still to come to figure it out the rest of the puzzle.

I think Luai is a very different type of signing. Look it was the right idea wrong player. Luai doesn’t drive culture or obtain great leadership qualities and doesn’t have a consistent and sustainable 1.2 million dollar performance in him without a number of million dollar players alongside him. I don’t see where the value is coming from if they don’t recruit better around him.

If he was overpriced alongside a quality number 7 sure but I just don’t think Tigers have the cattle to get what you want out of him currently. In saying that for 1.2 million they have a 3 time premiership winner at 26 years old. They got themselves 5 years to get the best out of him and that will mean improving heaps of areas of their side. They have their hands on some very talented pieces at that club it’s not all doom there. The 5 years is what’s of value to them they have 5 years of a top quality 6 with his prime still to come to figure it out the rest of the puzzle.
This might be a weird comparison but for some reason this signing reminds me a bit of the Sharks going all in on Nicho Hynes.

Not really a traditional halfback but has enough to take a risk on. Will do better than some expect but probably doesn’t have the polish to be that real organising leader.

This might be a weird comparison but for some reason this signing reminds me a bit of the Sharks going all in on Nicho Hynes.

Not really a traditional halfback but has enough to take a risk on. Will do better than some expect but probably doesn’t have the polish to be that real organising leader.

Well said. I think you've nailed it. And look good on him, he has massively benefitted by being carried by a gun team and has cashed in on it. I do also think the Tigers have a pretty decent side forming but massive question marks on the coach and whether he can do anything with the talent they have there. It also seems like they haven't had to lose Klemmer to get it done either which I think is good for them.

Sadly though, I also think this really makes Penrith stronger. I think Schneider will turn out to be an absolute gun next to Cleary.

Is this Luai's manager??

So Tigers 2025 as it stands and of course things will change in the next 12 months but as it stands:

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. To'a
4. Naden
5. Saukuru
6. Fainu
7. Luai
8. Klemmer
9. Koraisau
10. Twal
11. Bateman
12. Papali'i
13. Utoikamanu

14. Sullivan
15. Pole
16. Fainu
17. Miller/Laulilii

No, Richardson loves him and tried to get him to Souths when he was behind Maloney.

Well said. I think you've nailed it. And look good on him, he has massively benefitted by being carried by a gun team and has cashed in on it. I do also think the Tigers have a pretty decent side forming but massive question marks on the coach and whether he can do anything with the talent they have there. It also seems like they haven't had to lose Klemmer to get it done either which I think is good for them.

Sadly though, I also think this really makes Penrith stronger. I think Schneider will turn out to be an absolute gun next to Cleary.

I think Cole is a real chance to be the 6. Played two years of Cup now. If they can get him some runs this year, he's a chance to be the 6.

No, Richardson loves him and tried to get him to Souths when he was behind Maloney.
If I recall Freaky is referring to an interview Richo gave (possibly on the James Graham podcast? It was pre-Tigers from memory) where he outlined why certain clubs are struggling. I only saw them in passing but the gist was essentially that clubs chase players on the open market, instead of trusting their development process.

It's an interesting decision. Does Richo's love for Luai over-ride conventional wisdom? Or is this a vote of no confidence in Sullivan, Fainu & Galvin? Clearly somebody will have to draw the short straw.

Or C, there is the appropriate time to make a marquee signing and the Tigers have so many juniors in their NRL squad they need to bring in somebody to show them how to win?

Ah My Mum's beloved Moggies trying to sharpen their claws working their way out of the cat box with two wooden spoons. Well they need big names to win a game or two. Let's see how Benji is as coach

If I recall Freaky is referring to an interview Richo gave (possibly on the James Graham podcast? It was pre-Tigers from memory) where he outlined why certain clubs are struggling. I only saw them in passing but the gist was essentially that clubs chase players on the open market, instead of trusting their development process.

It's an interesting decision. Does Richo's love for Luai over-ride conventional wisdom? Or is this a vote of no confidence in Sullivan, Fainu & Galvin? Clearly somebody will have to draw the short straw.

Or C, there is the appropriate time to make a marquee signing and the Tigers have so many juniors in their NRL squad they need to bring in somebody to show them how to win?
You need to trust your development but you don’t make the 8 without a decent spine. If a guy of Laui’s caliber becomes available you do your best to land him. The reported amounts are steep but I would’ve said the same about Parra signing Moses and I doubt they regret that decision even if they haven’t won a GF.

Trust your development system to uncover forwards and outside backs. Legitimate good spine options only show up once every few years.

This. Exactly this @Sproj. The other 16 teams have this year to put it over Penrith. Come 2025, they will be stronger for losing Luai and gaining a gun understudy for Cleary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • ParraMania
  • Santa
  • Behold
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.