NRL Players and family members in hot water

Why does it matter? Because it's illegal and not a good look for a sport that already has image problem.

It's illegal, yes, but's it's not a bad image for the sport if it's done behind closed doors and done responsibly. Not everyone who does recreational drugs turns in to Mitchell Pearce and goes out and roots dogs. I'm genuinely surprised the NRL would bother testing anyone after mad monday.. that's so self-destructive.

Please tell me how I'm a hypocrite?

Who called you a hypocrite? That was a very broad comment, unless of course you believe that nobody on here does recreational drugs.. In which case you're just oblivious.

It's illegal, yes, but's it's not a bad image for the sport if it's done behind closed doors and done responsibly. Not everyone who does recreational drugs turns in to Mitchell Pearce and goes out and roots dogs. I'm genuinely surprised the NRL would bother testing anyone after mad monday.. that's so self-destructive.

Who called you a hypocrite? That was a very broad comment, unless of course you believe that nobody on here does recreational drugs.. In which case you're just oblivious.
Behind closed doors or during their very public Mad Monday celebration? Which one is it.

You literally said it in the 2nd sentence in a response to me which could have very easily been aimed at me.

Can you all sheath your e-peens back in please? Thank you!
This will never be funny and is just a weird attempt to stop conversations. Nobody is measuring e-peens. That religion thread though...

Considering domestic violence carries a 22 week (backdated in certain cases) suspension, 12 weeks sounds right for what's essentially a victimless crime.

My only gripe in this instance is that it's really a ten week suspension since the Auckland Nines and World Club Championship is somehow included.

Behind closed doors or during their very public Mad Monday celebration? Which one is it.

Well I'm quite sure he didn't pull out a satchel and do a line in front of the media at the public Mad Monday session, there's multiple layers to Mad Mondays, the "fun" one that the public sees during the day where everyone has one drink and wears silly costumes and has a laugh, and then there's the the real celebration later on that night. (Behind closed doors, or at least away from prying eyes)

You literally said it in the 2nd sentence in a response to me which could have very easily been aimed at me.

If it was directed at you I would've said "You're a hypocrite", I ain't about that cryptic stuff.

As long as it's not used during the season or in any performance enhancing capacity, what does it matter to the NRL? Bunch of hypocrites around here. 12 week ban for recreational drug use in the off-season is perfectly fine by me, especially when you weigh it up against previous drug offence punishments.

I would love to know how many professional athletes use recreational drugs in the off-season. Maybe we should be giving all athletes random drug tests twice a week in the off-season, just to be sure, you know.

You're really just going off half cocked to try and create a stir.

I don't agree with players being tested in the off-season. So long as they are clean when in competition, whatever. Unfortunately, that isn't the case, nor is it the argument.

The problem is, we do have these strict rules in place in world sports, and it seems the NRL just don't care that much. Simply comparing it to other shitty penalties they've handed out, doesn't take away from the fact that the NRL aren't very tough when it comes to drugs.

Wests Tigers backrower Kyle Lovett charged for drug possession
dfc9f14b88293f49d33f9bbef817492e

BRENDEN HILLS and MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, The Daily Telegraph

dfc9f14b88293f49d33f9bbef817492e

WESTS Tigers player Kyle Lovett will appear in court next month after police allegedly busted him with cocaine on a night out two days before Christmas.

Police said the 22-year-old Tigers utility was busted with the party drug between 1.30am and 2am at a location in Pyrmont on December 23.

He was charged with possession of an illegal drug and ordered to front the Downing Centre Local Court on February 1.

The development blindsided the Tigers on Saturday with the club admitting they were unaware of the charge Lovett was facing until being informed about them by The Sunday Telegraph.

The club released a statement on Saturday afternoon that said “upon learning of Lovett’s charge, Wests Tigers immediately alerted the NRL Integrity Unity this morning and the two parties are currently working together on the matter”.

“Wests Tigers are incredibly disappointed with Lovett and do not in any way condone his behaviour,” the statement said. “Wests Tigers will be making no further comment until the matter is resolved, both with the NSW Police and the NRL Integrity Unit.”

Further details of where Lovett was at the time he was busted will be revealed when he appears in court.

Lovett’s manager Sam Ayoub could not be reached to answer questions about whether Lovett will plead guilty to the charge or contest it.

The development could be a major headache for the Tigers who were trying to shift Lovett to another team to ease salary cap pressure despite him still being contracted to the club.

It was only on July 13 that reports emerged saying the Tigers told Lovett he was free to negotiate with another clubs if he could find an interested suitor.

The drugs charge could reduce the Tigers’ bargaining power in trying to convince another club to pay a portion of Lovett’s salary and ease their cap problems.
He was also named on Saturday to play in the Tigers’ Auckland Nines side, with the tournament to take place next month.

“Wests Tigers ensure that all players and staff receive the highest level of education in relation to drugs,” the team’s statement said. “The club takes the welfare and education of its players and very seriously with the Wests Tigers Wellbeing and Education department ranked second in the NRL in 2016.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n/news-story/dfc9f14b88293f49d33f9bbef817492e

Isn't this the same player the Tigers basically said he has to go to make way for the salary cap? Never mind it's in there.

Last edited:
Yeah. It could make things very EASY for the Tigers if the circumstances end up justifying his sacking.

Queensland sport fans need to watch @7NewsQueensland tonight - important and concerning story on league cover up.

Sound the alarm bells

That's only because winning Origin doesn't sell that well here anymore, since it's basically expected now.

Fuifui Moimoi is the latest in hot water. Not with any league body, it's worse than that for him. Appears his wife has found out that Fui has been playing the field.
His twitter account is now a train wreck...

Fuifui Moimoi is the latest in hot water. Not with any league body, it's worse than that for him. Appears his wife has found out that Fui has been playing the field.
His twitter account is now a train wreck...

Never give crazy women your passwords.

Is it safe to put on here for those who are not Twitterites/tweeters/tweeties?

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • westy316
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.