NRL Players and family members in hot water

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Taylan May has been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV), and two counts of stalking and intimidation. Due to face court Wednesday week. What a horrific person.

This the same bloke who cowardly assaulted a fan a few years back..

Lock him up and never to play NRL again, people like this don't deserve to be put in the spotlight and have the life a NRL player has, no matter how talented you are.

Broncosarethebest

Broncosarethebest

NYC Player
Sep 3, 2022
How is unknown QLD player reported on before charges are laid and not this May incident? It's the blokes 2nd serious charge and wouldn't the integrity unit have to be notified? I'd consider this pretty serious charges, what's the stand down policy?

Broncosarethebest

Broncosarethebest

NYC Player
Sep 3, 2022
Just checked the no fault stand down policy is for any offence that carries more than 11 years imprisonment, players can't play until the criminal process runs its course.

In NSW assault occasioning bodily harm has a maximum penalty of 5 years, DV ranges from 2-life and stalking and intimidation is 5 years (2 counts). I'm a big believer of innocent until proven guilty but surely he shouldn't be playing this week or is it 11 years per offence? Or "for the fans"?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Just checked the no fault stand down policy is for any offence that carries more than 11 years imprisonment, players can't play until the criminal process runs its course.

In NSW assault occasioning bodily harm has a maximum penalty of 5 years, DV ranges from 2-life and stalking and intimidation is 5 years (2 counts). I'm a big believer of innocent until proven guilty but surely he shouldn't be playing this week or is it 11 years per offence? Or "for the fans"?

NRL have stood in on this before I think?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

NRL can also stand them down at their own discretion ... they did that last year to Dylan Brown... I daresay they'll do that again... unless the fans tell them otherwise

Broncosarethebest

Broncosarethebest

NYC Player
Sep 3, 2022
NRL have stood in on this before I think?

NRL can also stand them down at their own discretion ... they did that last year to Dylan Brown... I daresay they'll do that again... unless the fans tell them otherwise
Shouldn't they have already stood him down if they wanted to? I know it's been a big week for players and players family allegedly doing the wrong thing but, surely he would've been arrested before today and surely the riff would have told the integrity unit?

Edit: Just saw the news article he was arrested this morning.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Shouldn't they have already stood him down if they wanted to? I know it's been a big week for players and players family allegedly doing the wrong thing but, surely he would've been arrested before today and surely the riff would have told the integrity unit?

Edit: Just saw the news article he was arrested this morning.

Yeah but normal procedure doesn't apply for the fans in this case.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Seems like the media are lying about Payne's dad & the death penalty.

Philippines abolished the death penalty on 24 June 2006, so I can't see them agreeing to the extradition if it's on the cards of happening in Indonesia.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Seems like the media are lying about Payne's dad & the death penalty.

Philippines abolished the death penalty on 24 June 2006, so I can't see them agreeing to the extradition if it's on the cards of happening in Indonesia.

The current president of Philippines has openly supported the death penalty and there's a fair amount of support for it in the Philippines government, just not enough for the bill bringing back the death penalty to pass in the senate. There's been quite a few extrajudicial executions for drug users and traffickers in Philippines so I wouldn't be so sure they won't agree to the extradition.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The current president of Philippines has openly supported the death penalty and there's a fair amount of support for it in the Philippines government, just not enough for the bill bringing back the death penalty to pass in the senate. There's been quite a few extrajudicial executions for drug users and traffickers in Philippines so I wouldn't be so sure they won't agree to the extradition.

Well his dad was the corrupt Ferdinand Marcos

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Jazza
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • eggstar10
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.