CROSS FORUM NRL Round 11 Discussion

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Safe to say you arent a cuzzy bro?
Im not.

I remember being a kid and watching the all blacks do a haka, and just being spellbound/terrified…, it was sick… NZ v Australia very cool stuff…

But the raiders just did it in the sheds after the game beating the bulldogs by 4 points… just lame

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Im not.

I remember being a kid and watching the all blacks do a haka, and just being spellbound/terrified…, it was sick… NZ v Australia very cool stuff…

But the raiders just did it in the sheds after the game beating the bulldogs by 4 points… just lame
I love it. I like the original haka though. They haven't been doing the original lately though. Still remember watching the 2008 world cup final haka where the aussies walked up on it. Spine tingling.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The Paseka and Rapana sin bins tonight were horrendous calls. Especially the Rapana one. No feel for the game at all. Paseka one came from Todd Smith but that was expected. Hollywood Smith they call him.

Sin bins shouldn't be called dependent on "feel for the game". Should players get away with exactly the same actions just because in the refs interpretation they are the team that has the momentum? Because that's how you get teams like the Panthers get all the calls because they are expected to be dominating. Even if their domination comes from the defensive line being off-side / leaving early, taking out markers, etc, you know, illegal plays that should be penalised but aren't because Panthers. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Sin bins shouldn't be called dependent on "feel for the game". Should players get away with exactly the same actions just because in the refs interpretation they are the team that has the momentum? Because that's how you get teams like the Panthers get all the calls because they are expected to be dominating. Even if their domination comes from the defensive line being off-side / leaving early, taking out markers, etc, you know, illegal plays that should be penalised but aren't because Panthers. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I didn't mean feel for the game in that way. In the example I gave Addo-Carr kicked the ball that hard over the dead ball line that Usain Bolt on 2× speed wouldn't have got near it. The bump was irrelevant to the play. Its a bad call. And I don't believe it should have been called. Its like calling an obstruction in the middle of the field that has no affect on a try scoring play. Its about having a feel for the game. If we went by the rules on every single play of a game we wouldn't have a game because there would be 500 penalties a game. Its like any sport. You have to know how the flow of the game is going and what can be let go and what can't be.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I didn't mean feel for the game in that way. In the example I gave Addo-Carr kicked the ball that hard over the dead ball line that Usain Bolt on 2× speed wouldn't have got near it. The bump was irrelevant to the play. Its a bad call. And I don't believe it should have been called. Its like calling an obstruction in the middle of the field that has no affect on a try scoring play. Its about having a feel for the game. If we went by the rules on every single play of a game we wouldn't have a game because there would be 500 penalties a game. Its like any sport. You have to know how the flow of the game is going and what can be let go and what can't be.

Like say a Broncos team well on top and about to motor away having a penalty blown for held even though the player is already going toward the side line which is super close to him?

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Like say a Broncos team well on top and about to motor away having a penalty blown for held even though the player is already going toward the side line which is super close to him?
that was one of many howlers tonight. I couldnt understand who that was apenalty

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
They always call that though. Its
Infuriating. Its referees that have no feel for the game and momentum of a player being tackled. They are being fed too much information. Too much on their minds they have to worry about. Brains are scrambled. Taking away the 2nd referee is the worst thing that ever happened to the game. Can thank Mr Horseman for that one.

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
They always call that though. Its
Infuriating. Its referees that have no feel for the game and momentum of a player being tackled. They are being fed too much information. Too much on their minds they have to worry about. Brains are scrambled. Taking away the 2nd referee is the worst thing that ever happened to the game. Can thank Mr Horseman for that one.
no they don't when ball off the ground and no extra tackler

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
and the 3 six agains

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
I love it. I like the original haka though. They haven't been doing the original lately though. Still remember watching the 2008 world cup final haka where the aussies walked up on it. Spine tingling.
There is a great story from Crete in WW2 about 42nd street. There was a ragtag company of ANZACs dug in and the Germans had landed some crack paratroopers in. The KIWI boys in the face of huge adversity jumped up and did a HAKA....The crack Germans shit themselves...The Aussie boys had no real clue about a HAKA so just ran with it and screamed bloody murder and charged ahead. It didn't end well but is a legendary story. There is a book on it. Worth a look

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
If the official had no feel for the game, then Rapana would have been spared the bin and the Bulldogs would have been awarded a penalty try. You can't just take a player out on suspicion, hope the bounce goes your way and regain possession. It's always a sin-bin in that scenario.

As far as Paseka, he was in no-man's land when he was running back onside when Manly were at 6s and 7s. It's about as cut and dry as you can get and trying to compare it to a run of the mill not square at marker call is rubbish.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Turd Smith was terrible last night. Hate to harp on about the officials but gee they’ve had an ordinary month. Consistency out the door at the moment. I reckon we’re in for some howlers over the next few days

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • lakers133334
  • Swordfish
  • MrMoore
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • sooticus
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.