NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 2 Discussion

2 chances to go for a short drop out. You win the game if you get 1 and you dont do it. The Warriors also. The team that actually started using the tactic first in the nrl. Really? Cmon.

Put that loss down to Barnett for that incredibly stupid charge down attempt.

There was absolutely no way Pezet was nailing a 40m field goal on a fucking angle.

Imagine saying to your prop not to attempt a chargedown on the basis of a half on an angle.

It was the average urgency of getting to the ball and the defence to blame, not Barnett.

Unless the Warriors have a clear no charge down policy, but again explaining that to a prop in the 78th minute is always going to be a challenge.
Great try Coates, hate to see the Storm win.

Coates with the incredible put down.

I don't want to sound like a bitch -- but I'm going to do it -- he was getting folded like a deck chair all second half.

Coates with the incredible put down.

I don't want to sound like a bitch -- but I'm going to do it -- he was getting folded like a deck chair all second half.

He consistently gets dominated in ruck tackles, which is surprising for a guy of his size.

I have big doubts about the Paps try. He's shoulder to shoulder with another player, when he gets the ball, the defenders on the outside all bang in to the decoy runner and denied the shot on Papenhausen.

I have big doubts about the Paps try. He's shoulder to shoulder with another player, when he gets the ball, the defenders on the outside all bang in to the decoy runner and denied the shot on Papenhausen.

I kind of agree but it was still an offload from the 2nd rower right?

Does obstruction come into play still for a split second catch and release back to another player?

I kind of agree but it was still an offload from the 2nd rower right?

Does obstruction come into play still for a split second catch and release back to another player?

It was a regulation delayed pass from the inside. It wasn't an obstruction like running behind your player, it was more like having another player in the line that denies the defence coming across.

Katoa wasn't running a decoy and Papenhuyzen didn't run behind him. It was just an old fashioned Queensland try.

When I saw the replay I wondered why they weren't complaining about that, worth a closer look?

Katoa wasn't running a decoy and Papenhuyzen didn't run behind him. It was just an old fashioned Queensland try.

Katoa was a decoy. Initially he was a legit option to get it, but the fact that he didn't get the ball, and therefore ended up in the line, between the ball carrier and defence coming across, is why it's an obstruction. He didn't technically stop in the line, but due to the proximity he was still in the line, and denied the defence a shot at the ball-runner.

It was a regulation delayed pass from the inside. It wasn't an obstruction like running behind your player, it was more like having another player in the line that denies the defence coming across.
Could’ve sworn it was the out-in play and that was the reason it wasn’t pulled up

Katoa was a decoy. Initially he was a legit option to get it, but the fact that he didn't get the ball, and therefore ended up in the line, between the ball carrier and defence coming across, is why it's an obstruction. He didn't technically stop in the line, but due to the proximity he was still in the line, and denied the defence a shot at the ball-runner.

Unless my eyes deceive me, but Katoa receives the ball at 3:33 before popping it back inside to Papenhuyzen.

I'm so lost when it comes to obstructions but I'm not even sure it would have been ruled an obstruction had Katoa not received the ball. As long as he's behind Hughes when the pass is thrown and is a legitimate chance of receiving the pass, I believe it's deemed a defensive decision.

Could’ve sworn it was the out-in play and that was the reason it wasn’t pulled up

Yeah it was. Can't be an obstruction in that instance. It's not much different to the old wrap around play.

Besides even if there could be, Metcalf plants his feet which is an indication he's made a defensive decision to tackle Katoa and is bracing for the contact and the gap is there because Ford fails to read the play and doesn't close it.

As an objective rugby league fan (which it is hard to be when one is hurting this much), we had two bloody good games of Saturday Night Footy (and a Tigers game). How good is our great game?!

Active Now

• dudemcdude4976
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • The Don
  • Kev_Guz
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.