NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 3 Discussion

Everyone piles on Sheens, but I'd cop a wooden spoon if it meant I could unearth a player like him and have a platform to build from.

Give me that over finishing 9th and having to kiss Grant goodbye.
That said, unless the team makes progress in the next few years I can see them losing him, he reminds me of Turbo with his play style.

Great game for atigulers, think I can see the style of play Benjis aiming for, Apis been massive, thought Isiah papali'i was also huge first half.
They'll be an entertaining team to watch if Benji can figure out how to coach in a season.
Enjoy watching anyone beat the sharks too.

That said, unless the team makes progress in the next few years I can see them losing him, he reminds me of Turbo with his play style.
Keep playing like they did tonight and stay the course and they won't have that problem.

They have him locked up till 2026. The goal between now and 2025 is to ensure this is a good fit and getting it sorted before free agency.

So everyone just ignoring that Galvin is offside on that try... because it is the tigers??

Looking at it, he looks onside.

Angles can be deceiving but Sezer looks to have seen how close he was and makes an effort to put him onside.

vlcsnap-2024-03-23-20h33m44s500.png

Galvin's shove on McInnes, I think it's fine. McInnes is making no attempt to grab at the ball and is instead using his body and it makes contact with his legs before Galvin pushes him, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Considering the live decision of try, I don't think they would have had enough to overturn it.

I am not sure to be happy or not, we lost to a Sharks side that got thrashed by the Tigers?

Tigers > Sharks > Warriors > Raiders > Tigers 😂

Galvin's shove on McInnes, I think it's fine. McInnes is making no attempt to grab at the ball and is instead using his body trying to block the Tigers chasers from getting to it and it makes contacts with his legs before Galvin pushes him, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned.
McInness barely arrives when he's shoved in the back and is denied the opportunity to compete for the ball.

Otherwise I think you're right. I think this is a situation where the video referee didn't want to contradict the on-field ruling and since the game didn't hinge on the decision, was willing to overlook it for the sake of the game.

All good for the Tigers and the neutrals, but as a Sharks fan it'd be insult to injury.

While I've got you here forth referee, I only had the one working eye on Thursday - To'o's second try - does he get there the first time around? Only had the one angle, but it looked like the classic Civoniceiva 2006 SF try where he advances it to make it look like a try.

Looking at it, he looks onside.

Angles can be deceiving but Sezer looks to have seen how close he was and makes an effort to put him onside.

View attachment 26687

Galvin's shove on McInnes, I think it's fine. McInnes is making no attempt to grab at the ball and is instead using his body and it makes contact with his legs before Galvin pushes him, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Considering the live decision of try, I don't think they would have had enough to overturn it.
easy on side.

Can hardly believe this is the same Sharks side that turned up to greet us in Round One. Hardly a very fearsome team tonight. Tigers wasted them.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.