CROSS FORUM NRL Round 6 Discussion

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think you need to understand what kind of fullback Manu is. He is a direct fullback that uses his power to make opportunities and not try to finesse around the outside. A lot of the Roosters opportunities last night were off a direct result of either a run he had just made forcing a quick play the ball or offload. I think if he had a full year behind him at fullback he could really develop a pass and would be close to unstoppable at fullback
And Robinson's style is to be running through the middle with quick ptbs... and just killing teams with momentum.

It's what gets BSmith rolling forward.

The question is what happens when they arent able to get that momentum rolling, because all of a sudden BSmith looks pedestrian and their backing movements predictable and easily contained.

Teddy has become a bit of a handbrake for them, but Manu could be elite for them under that style... seems immune to being dominated in the ruck

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
You gotta respect the way the rorters played that final set in defence. They know that 99.9% of the time a nrl ref isn’t going to have the courage to blow a penalty in that scenario and ‘cost’ the offending team the game.
Yep. I thought the same thing. Could have been a penalty twice. Knights didn't deserve to win it anyway I guess.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I don't think he will be gone for too long. I think he is only going to French Rugby for the cash, but will possibly return by the start of the 2026 season to replace the retiring Tedesco. Of course, he will sign with the Roosters for $750k or something well below his market value because of the club culture.
And if / when that happens the Roosters will somehow be able to retain ALL the players they pilfer during their post-Manu & Suaalii shopping spree when one or both of them return

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
You gotta respect the way the rorters played that final set in defence. They know that 99.9% of the time a nrl ref isn’t going to have the courage to blow a penalty in that scenario and ‘cost’ the offending team the game.
The ref doesnt blow a penalty now its a 6 again and thats my biggest gripe with the 6 again shit. Encourages teams late in the piece to basically hold down and reset their line without giving away a penalty goal that could potentially tie the game

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
JD's press conference at Souths training this morning lasted just 27 seconds before he walked off.

You’ve had easier weeks in your life. How are you travelling given all the external talk?
“We’ve had a great week at training. The energy through the week has been outstanding.”

How have you been able to block it out?

“There are new blokes coming in. Jye Gray, Tyrone Munro, and Davvy Moale’s back. I’m excited by the energy they’ve brought.”

What about you personally?

“I’m really excited about the performance. I can’t wait. The energy is through the roof. I’m looking forward to it.”

Do you believe you’re coaching for your job on Saturday night?

“I believe I’m coaching for a great performance this week, and that’s what we’re going to get.”

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
JD's press conference at Souths training this morning lasted just 27 seconds before he walked off.

Good thing for JD is he won't have to worry about these press conferences for much longer.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
The ref doesnt blow a penalty now its a 6 again and thats my biggest gripe with the 6 again shit. Encourages teams late in the piece to basically hold down and reset their line without giving away a penalty goal that could potentially tie the game
Some of the shit going on in the rucks in that last set was so egregious, especially given the time left on the clock, that I was thinking that surely someone was going to get 10 for a professional foul

Brett Da Man LeMan

Brett Da Man LeMan

QCup Player
Aug 11, 2023
Yeah right !
Fck all those tries Gamble was scoring and setting up makes you wonder why he`s in reserves doesn`t it ?? LOL .
His support play is on par or better than anyone else playing for the knights last night, given how shit the knights were at support play.
He definitely seems better than cogger at any rate. He was pretty much invisible last night

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Roosters 100% playing for penalties:

Sydney Roosters five-eighth Luke Keary has been sanctioned for an incident involving referee Gerard Sutton during his side's win over the Knights.

In the fifth minute when Bradman Best found space off a kick return, Sutton found himself near the path off the centre's run.

As Keary looked to line up Best, he grabbed and held on to Sutton as he ran through with the Knights star eventually brought down on halfway.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Nathan Brown ruled out for Manly.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NRL are investigating an incident last night where a vape was thrown at a match official coming from the field at full time.

Whoever it is should be banned for life. There is absolutely no justification for that rubbish. Every team cops bad calls, sometimes you win some and sometimes you don’t. Knights got some calls go their way last night, as well.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
NRL are investigating an incident last night where a vape was thrown at a match official coming from the field at full time.

Whoever it is should be banned for life. There is absolutely no justification for that rubbish. Every team cops bad calls, sometimes you win some and sometimes you don’t. Knights got some calls go their way last night, as well.
Good thing these refs weren't there in the old days

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
reports that Des is set to drop Tanah Boyd and shift Campbell into the halves. spine would be:

1. Brimson
6. Campbell
7. Foran
9. Randall

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Lostboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.