NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 8 Discussion

Can see Arthur blowing up about refs in the presser

About what? All the penalties where blatant
Didnt say they weren't can just see him going in there and blowing up about them.

could be an interesting presser to watch... especially after his one last week

It must have been a quality second half address from Seibold to get that response out of Manly. They appeared far more focused coming out of the sheds and while the scoreline blew out at the death, it reflected the run of play for the majority of that half.

The key was the width they played with and the way they targetted individual players. There was a lot of linking between the forwards and Jake Trbojevic was marvelous at getting his players one on one with smaller men only to back up the next play. Interestingly, it was actually Trbojevic running off a team mate, Nathan Brown, that flipped the game on it's head.

They ought to have run away with it from there, but to the Eels credit they hung in there. It was actually shaping up to be an exciting finish until Sivo's brain explosion and then the Sea Eagles were able to pile on the tries.

That brain explosion summed up the second half for the Eels. There were just so many fundamental errors that burned them and they stopped asking questions of the Eels. In the end their lone points came from a hail mary kick that they were fortunate enough to get away with. I often think Klein just goes with what would make for the more interesting call and while I can live with his call on Simonsson on Lawton it could have easily gone another way.

Even with Moses, the Eels tend to lose their way and struggle to find rhythm. Frustratingly, players like Hopgood provide it for them only for them to struggle to follow up on it. I just wonder if the forward composition could be better as they could do with better line-speed and mobility to help get Brown and Gutho on the front foot.

When does Brad Arthur come under the microscope?

He's been in charge of the team for a very long time and they've done nothing since they lost to Penrith, they've also probably lost their window and as it stands, they're a really dumb footy side.

He has been a bit in the media.

IMO, it is a race between Arthur and JD to see who is first coach sacked. I don't expect either to survive the season

He has been a bit in the media.

IMO, it is a race between Arthur and JD to see who is first coach sacked. I don't expect either to survive the season

And O'Brien to make a trifecta.

Manly were pretty ordinary but they’ve got a lot of points in them. Keen for the annual magic round pumping we give them

So Cherry-Evans and Olakau'atu both facing a two week suspension for the dangerous throw on Lane and just a fine for Sivo for his dogshot. Watching the tackle, it was awkward and I’m alright with it being punished but what did Cherry-Evans do wrong in that tackle? I just can’t see it. Again, an accident is judged much more harshly than a deliberate action intended to injure.

So Cherry-Evans and Olakau'atu both facing a two week suspension for the dangerous throw on Lane and just a fine for Sivo for his dogshot. Watching the tackle, it was awkward and I’m alright with it being punished but what did Cherry-Evans do wrong in that tackle? I just can’t see it. Again, an accident is judged much more harshly than a deliberate action intended to injure.
I reckon DCE was the main culprit. He hip tosses Lane, and Olakauatu's weight up top does the rest.

I didn't tip them tonight for the first time so they are going to win by 20...

How is Kasey Badger getting another gig yet Belinda Sharpe was great her first few games and she has been shafted for weeks.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • broncoscope
  • Redux
  • john1420
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • kiwibronco
  • Skyblues87
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.