RANT NRL vs Broncos: The book of bullshit

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
On the media:

enough people cancel fox/kayo subscriptions and comment that it is due to being unhappy with the broncos treatment/witch-hunt in the media. Guaranteed there will be a raft of "goodwill" stories all of a sudden and increased advertising in brisbane, combined with stories about how people in brisbane all go for the dolphins so sydney people can still feel like their crap has had no negative outcomes.

This wouldn't work after about 5 minutes of not being able to watch any sport.

Volvo Driver

Volvo Driver

QCup Player
Jul 9, 2020
Same deal with Nofoaluma. It's not like he was some run of the mill winger, he's one of the most highly paid in the competition. There's no way Melbourne could afford him and beggers should never be choosers in a salary tier comp.
Nofoaluma, who was playing in reserve grade, one of the most highly paid in the comp? What??

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Nofoaluma, who was playing in reserve grade, one of the most highly paid in the comp? What??
Highly paid wingers in the competition which was one of the reasons why he was dropped because his performances weren't matching his pay cheque.

Supposedly Wests got the better end of the deal, despite having to drop him back to reserves for another stint because his performances weren't up to par.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
What is confusing about that?

He was on a contract when he was clear 1st choice, some issues with the club/Coach happened where he was dropped(I don't think it's entirely form because he has been consistently one of Tigers best players for years).

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Can someone explain to me, why the NRL as a business, would want one of it's biggest assets, to be a failure? The NRL absolutely wants Brisbane to be successful. All I'm seeing is tinfoil hat opinions.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I think the carry on is entertaining albeit ridiculous

FormalThinAmericanmarten.webp

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
It will never happen, but **** I would love it if the Broncos refused to take the field for a game with threats of more boycotting if the NSWRL doesn't explain why the Broncos keep copping dodgy punishments.

The one that stands out the most to me is the Haas/Kelly vs Whighton/Mitchell situation.
There is nothing anyone can say about this situation that can explain how we get players suspended for a lesser infringement.

Now we have the Luai/Walsh situation as well.
**** the NRL.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Can someone explain to me, why the NRL as a business, would want one of it's biggest assets, to be a failure? The NRL absolutely wants Brisbane to be successful. All I'm seeing is tinfoil hat opinions.
Give me a single good reason why Latrell and Jack got off Scott free after being arrested for fighting, yet Haas and Kelly got suspended for a bit of push and shove and I will never bring it up again.

The NRL may not want Brisbane to fail, but they sure as shit have a different set of rules for blokes in Bronco jerseys and will happily derail our season if they can.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Because we have peaked. We do what they need and they don’t need us to grow. They need literally everything else to grow.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I just read a good point on Front row forum as well.

Why is there more vilification against Walsh over this whole debacle than there is over Dylan Brown sexually assaulting someone?

The whole organization is a fucking joke, a completely unfunny joke.

From the incompetence of the officials week in week out, to the ridiculous charges against the Broncos ( Walsh copping the highest fine from Origin, even though Luai did the same thing and got less, and Addo-Carr sucker punched him as third man in and got less).

We cop bullshit draws each year ( back to back to back games against teams coming off the bye and playing top 8 times a million times over as well as not getting a bye until most teams have already had two).

Players being suspended for scuffles that dont involve the police while players from other clubs get arrested and serve no time.

Remember Staggs retroactive suspension after his injury as well? Yep has not happened to anyone before or after that either.

You can claim tin foil hat all you want, but the evidence is piling up that there is different rules and penalties depending on which club you play for.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Give me a single good reason why Latrell and Jack got off Scott free after being arrested for fighting, yet Haas and Kelly got suspended for a bit of push and shove and I will never bring it up again.

The NRL may not want Brisbane to fail, but they sure as shit have a different set of rules for blokes in Bronco jerseys and will happily derail our season if they can.
Wasn't it because they had previous warnings (especially Hass) from the NRL about their public behaviour and were told there would be no leniency the next time.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Wasn't it because they had previous warnings (especially Hass) from the NRL about their public behaviour and were told there would be no leniency the next time.
It still makes no sense in the fact that one party were arrested, and the other was dealt with in house, yet the NRL felt the need to intervene.

The punishments need to fit the crime, and this is just not the case in the NRL vs the Broncos.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
It still makes no sense in the fact that one party were arrested, and the other was dealt with in house, yet the NRL felt the need to intervene.

The punishments need to fit the crime, and this is just not the case in the NRL vs the Broncos.
It's the NRL vs all the clubs. We just notice the one against the Broncos more.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
It's the NRL vs all the clubs. We just notice the one against the Broncos more.
Then why wasnt Latrell or Whigton punished?

And why did Walsh cop a higher fine than Luai or Addo Carr?

And why did Luai escape sanction for putting his hands on an official?

There is just too many contradicting outcomes for it to be simple coincidence.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Unlike the saints that are Latrell and Wighton.

Like how Wighton didn't get arrested and charged for bashing up a bunch of blokes during preseason a couple years back... and Latrell breaking covid rules multiple times, and basically just having a blatant disregard towards the whole thing, which I think started putting the restart of the comp at risk.

Active Now

• Sanjit Joseph
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncs30
  • Alec
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Maddy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.