NSW Fans

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Having been away for awhile, I finally got to sit down and watch what I hoped would be a great armwrestle for Game 3. I certainly wasn't disappointed, however I was bewildered after reading statement’s from NSW fans.

Firstly, the referee totally lost control of the game, so much so that I can honestly say I have played in better officiated Brisbane Second Division, Junior RL and Army footy games. That was simply the worst top grade officiating in years.

Secondly, to make claims that crowds shouldn't behave badly, etc is true. However one would assume someone of such a viewpoint would feel somewhat hollow in victory when you consider the manner in which the victory was achieved. Kimmorley, Hayne, Poore, Perry and White were despicable and if that was an NRL game, all mentioned players would be serving some down time.

Also, such fans have previously berated that actions of Crocker and Webb, yet seem to have mentioned little of the blatant decision of the NSW camp to start a war in Game 3.

From a Queensland point of view, the one shining light that has come from Game 3 is that younger Queensland fans have finally had a little taste of why we as a State do (and should always) hate NSW. The dirty, grubby tactics and very poor officiating was a staple during the 80's. Hopefully Queenslanders have once again found the hatred.

NSW may have played firty, but QLD certainly wasn't innocent. NSW played better and harder. Simple.

LOLZ!

Maybe if they hadn't won 4 straight series they would've knuckle down and took the game seriously!

I actually smile knowing that even though your team (now...) wins a single game, you somehow forget 2006 through to 2009.

Has someone got that cup of straws picture again?

P.S. When NSW players rub at Price fairly, they drop the ball.

P.P.S. Why are NSW celebrating? Didn't they just lose the last 4 series?

P.P.S. Are you going to renege on the avatar/sig bet quicker than a NSW selector renege's on his player selections?

Pointing fingers is stupid.
- Both sides were dirty
- The ref was useless
- Steve Price got smashed by a nuffy
- Ben Creagh is a cat of the highest order
- NSW won the game
- QLD won the series

That's about all there is to it.

I don't totally disagree.

One side was dirty and they weren't wearing Maroon.
NSW played better on the night and were deserved winners.
Greg Inglis owns Jennings.
QLD owns WolfLOLZ.
Justin Hodges has half of the 2010 NSW team scared of him.
Ben Creagh is the softest forward to ever play Origin.
Billy Slater had the worst game of footy a QLD fullback has had since Reece Wesser.

It simply came down to the NSW team having the wrong attitude and wrong players for game 1 and 2.

Game 3 we had players that stood up with the right attitude and got out there and got under QLD skin and and QLD couldn't hack someone was finally giving it too them. Sadly it was in game 3 and the series was already over.

Either way origin is over so why dwell on it. You guys won 4 in a row. Enjoy it.

I am enjoying it. Hence why I put my name down on the "bad guys" list...look at this awesome sig I get to use!

Not so keen on the avatar of the overrated piss head, but still :P

If Qld had turned up to play, we would have won. Just like the two games before it. What are NSW going to do next year? Barrett and Kimmorly are unlikely to be an option.

Wolfman only gets noticed because of his stupid beard and hairstyle. If he didn't have that no one would notice him. In the same way Mason first got noticed. Idris is another one, with his stupid hair.

Anyway back to topic. I do admit Qld played a bit dirty, but I didn't see any of our players holding one of yours and have someone else come smash them from behind. All well and good to say Price can't fight, when your blindsighted.

As for Barrett, if didn't do what he did to Inglis in game 2, then Thurston wouldn't have owned him. Barrett is a thug, always has and always will be and just got a little of his own back.

From all the talk from NSW about a dynasty, lol, they seem to forget they lost their fourth straight series. In years to come this match will be a moot point for them, but as Qlder's we will always remember what they did Price.

You could see that the game was getting out of control during the first half. A good example is Watmough jumping over his own player who was playing the ball trying to start something. What did the refs do "Just play the ball".

I'm all for a softening up period 10-15minutes but the refs should have pulled both teams into line.

Price cant fight and was out before he got blindsided.

Waterhouse is a dog for doing what he did on the ground.

Creagh is a cat.

Slater had a shocker but will somehow get picked again.

Sadly I think that this was Locky's last Origin as he hasnt been his old self for a while now.

Bring on next year as NSW's may have finally found a little passion and some old fashioned C U Next Tuesday. Watch out for Ebony, Ivory and the Polar Bear to bring the noise

I find it funny that the NSW fans are getting carried away, saying how they would've won the series etc and how they're gonna kill us next year. A few reasons why:

1. You got a ridiculous penalty try. NSW did the EXACT same thing to Queensland on 2 separate occasions, and neither was awarded a penalty try. On one of the occasions it actually stopped Queensland scoring a try that would've leveled the scores, yet it was let go.
2. Queensland had already won the series. I don't care what anyone says - the Queenslanders were never going to play as hard and as well as they would've if it was a decided, because in the back of their heads they know that win, lose or draw, they're going home with the trophy for the 4th year in a row. They made history, they're the greatest State of Origin team of all time.
3. Queensland was missing Nate Myles, Ben Hannant, Petero Civoniceva, and Israel Folau. That's one of the 2 best Prop Forwards in the league, one of the best wingers, finishers in the game, and try scorers in the game, one of the best Origin players of the last 4 years, and one of the better young forwards in the game. Take 3 of NSWs top forwards and Jaryd Hayne out of the match and it's Queensland by 40 points. Take the equivalent players out of Queensland and we still only just lost, and went down swinging.
4. We've won 4 years in a row. 2 of those didn't even go to a decider, they were over by the end of the second match.
5. Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Johnathon Thurston, Israel Folau, Willie Tonga, Darius Boyd, Ben Hannant, Nate Myles etc are all going to be around for another 5-6 years at least, and they're most likely only going to get better. Can you imagine Greg Inglis getting better!? Who's NSW got? Their 2 halves are on the wrong side of 30, with every other option they've tried in their spots just failing miserably.
6. 4 in a row. Just like to emphasise just how little NSW really have to celebrate. They go down in history as the first and so far only team to lose 4 series in a row.

Billy Slater will NEED to get better, otherwise as long as he is in the team NSW are a chance of winning.

Jeba said:
Billy Slater will NEED to get better, otherwise as long as he is in the team NSW are a chance of winning.
He's the best fullback in the world, and it's not debatable. He would be the reigning Dally M Player of the Year if he didn't get sin-binned that one time, he's the reigning Golden Boot winner, and the reigning International Player of the Year. Any doubt about him being the best was erased long ago, like it or not.

Best *club* level fullback, agreed. But he doesn't posses the most important rep level quality of a fullback - reliablity. Look at Brett Stewart, that guy is usually a nuffy in attack for NSW, but every bomb that goes his way, every high pressure decision etc you just KNOW he's going to do the right thing.

Jeba said:

*yawn*

if slater wasnt there we are 1 less try in both game 1 and 2, those were tries only he could score. also stopped at least 3 in origin 3. ok, ill give u back 2 - intercept to hayne, and lost ball to williams, but while he is there, we reap more benefits from him than NSW does, so thats a plus. theres no other fullbacks in QLD that offer half as much as him, and dont even suggest hunt, because even the most diehard broncos supporters know that he has been playing at about 50% this year. He is slow to kicks, doesnt even try to tackle runaway players anymore (just shoulders them) and just doesnt look like he cares. Theres no-one else anywhere near him, if there was i would be open to hearing ur criticisms of slater, but there isnt!

Anonymous person said:
I find it funny that the NSW fans are getting carried away, saying how they would've won the series etc and how they're gonna kill us next year. A few reasons why:

1. You got a ridiculous penalty try. NSW did the EXACT same thing to Queensland on 2 separate occasions, and neither was awarded a penalty try. On one of the occasions it actually stopped Queensland scoring a try that would've leveled the scores, yet it was let go.
2. Queensland had already won the series. I don't care what anyone says - the Queenslanders were never going to play as hard and as well as they would've if it was a decided, because in the back of their heads they know that win, lose or draw, they're going home with the trophy for the 4th year in a row. They made history, they're the greatest State of Origin team of all time.
3. Queensland was missing Nate Myles, Ben Hannant, Petero Civoniceva, and Israel Folau. That's one of the 2 best Prop Forwards in the league, one of the best wingers, finishers in the game, and try scorers in the game, one of the best Origin players of the last 4 years, and one of the better young forwards in the game. Take 3 of NSWs top forwards and Jaryd Hayne out of the match and it's Queensland by 40 points. Take the equivalent players out of Queensland and we still only just lost, and went down swinging.
4. We've won 4 years in a row. 2 of those didn't even go to a decider, they were over by the end of the second match.
5. Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Johnathon Thurston, Israel Folau, Willie Tonga, Darius Boyd, Ben Hannant, Nate Myles etc are all going to be around for another 5-6 years at least, and they're most likely only going to get better. Can you imagine Greg Inglis getting better!? Who's NSW got? Their 2 halves are on the wrong side of 30, with every other option they've tried in their spots just failing miserably.
6. 4 in a row. Just like to emphasise just how little NSW really have to celebrate. They go down in history as the first and so far only team to lose 4 series in a row.

[eusa_clap.gi

Excel post! it's all true.

LOLZ!!!

BHQ doesn't dissappoint again!

I was actually very surprised to see very little anti-Slater talk on the forum, yet the regular's have finally let it out. Have a crack Alex and co., because your bat-boy (who isn't just preferred by myself and a few other BHQ-ites, but by the selectors, coach and co-coach of the State team) isn't even in the game next year!

I bet next year we will be told Slater should be dropped for <insert random fullback name here>. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Laughable.

Slater's performance in this Origin series was nothing short of disappointing. Too many mistakes. Yes he did a few good things but he made some shocking decisions. He just goes for glory way too much and he's gotta get that out of his game. If there was another Origin game I'd suggest playing Inglis at fullback (his best position) which would also allow Hodges and Tonga to play in their preferred right and left centre positions respectively, and Boyd and Folau on the wings (providing Folau was fit of course). Despite Slater playing club fullback for the Storm, I am of the firm belief that Inglis is a better fullback than him.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.