NSW people finally talking some sense

Baaahahahahaha.... wow... Tommy said that?

I think he has and he has done it sober too. Well, unless there are other club/pub owners who have been punched that we don't know about.

At least Lockyer didn't play all smacked on pingers. that we know of..

Bannermania said:

I wouldn't have thought you'd have a problem with players using drugs.

Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

my personal life is different to what I think about professional sportsman.

Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

1224080305319fpicnik.jpg

Bannermania said:
Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

my personal life is different to what I think about professional sportsman.

Wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?

Not being a prick, just trying to understand.

Some...namely Tiny...have a go at me for my expectations of professional sportsmen. Like you I don't think they should touch drugs. I don't think they should act like dicks at nightclubs, drink drive, all that kind of thing.

Somehow that makes me a monster.

Thing is, I have the same expectations of other people. I have little respect for people who regularly engage in illicit drugs. I have no respect for drink drivers, blokes who get into fights at pubs/clubs, etc.

Yet somehow according to Tiny, I'm a hypocrite craving a hero...

Okay that's fine. I just don't think someone deserves to be named an Immortal for participating in rugby league whilst under the influence of drugs.

What I've previously done obviously doesn't command a whole lot of respect, I don't expect it too.. I never asked you to.. I know what I've done.

I don't regret it.. I probably won't.

Bannermania said:
Okay that's fine. I just don't think someone deserves to be named an Immortal for participating in rugby league whilst under the influence of drugs.

Oh I agree completely.

Bannermania said:
What I've previously done obviously doesn't command a whole lot of respect, I don't expect it too.. I never asked you to.. I know what I've done.

I don't regret it.. I probably won't.

I'm not exactly one of your closest mates. I doubt I'm someone whose opinion matters a whole lot to your life, so I wouldn't expect my disapproval of your extracurricular activities to have any bearing on your life, or to make you regret anything you've done.

Ultimately it's your life and you choose to do what you want with it.

But as you say, for footballers, being named an "immortal" and representing your state and country...they are honours that your average person doesn't get, and it's wrong that activities that are disapproved of by our society don't disqualify people from attaining these honours.

And I don't mean the isolated play tackle of a club owner, or someone who had a puff of dope when they were a teenager, but the systematic and deliberate taking of illicit drugs to get around the NRL drug testers was simply disgusting from Johns and should have his name stripped of any honourary title.

I agree 100% even though my habits have been known to be bad, his were worse apparently.

And apparently his doctors have told him due to his bipolar condition he shouldn't drink. And yet he still writes himself off with mates weekly. He's a dick. Pure and simple.

Andrew Johns has bipolar?

So.. that argument was basically you guys agreeing but Coxy just wanting to stir or bait?

Nashy said:
So.. that argument was basically you guys agreeing but Coxy just wanting to stir or bait?

Pretty much, and wanting to see what Tiny thinks of Bannermania's viewpoint.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • john1420
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • broncotville
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.