NSW Team...

Yep the Barrett selection smacks of self preservation from the selectors and the coach. They do have the added pressure of losing 4 series in a row though, especially after all the crowing they did about a NSW dynasty.

I seriously doubt if Farrah will play, rib cartilidge injuries are extremely painful even when needled and they usually take 3 6 weeks to heal properly, he has a big call to make. Does he protect his position in the side or give Ennis a sniff and risk NSW winning then lose his spot.

I can't believe people are surprised by Campese being punted for Barrett. It was clear from the City-Country game, when Bellamy made it known to all that he wanted Barrett to play in that and only injury prevented him doing so - he then proceeded to over-turn the selectors' decision and ensured Mullen was in the Country side not Kimmorley.

I've said it before - seriously get rid of selectors and let the coaching staff select their team. They (and the players) are the ones who are judged by the performance, so let them have the players they want and think they can work with.

Jennings out Monas in. I'm glad they chose Monas and not Morris!!!

Browny said:
Ha bag snatching lol

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Plus - "grabbed me wheels" [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I suppose people are suprised because before game 1, both bellamy and daley were saying that this NSW team that was picked with the future in mind. I took that to meant that a new team needs time to build, not just one game.

I am not suprised though, because I knew this was going to happen. They do this every year.

Campese actually has a lot of problems in his game. He does some great things but he can be inconsistent. In time, he would become a better player.

I would have thought that Wallace should've got dropped, if they had to pick one.

I've figured out what NSW's ploy is in selecting a side ravaged by injury and full of failures (Gallen, Barrett, Mono, Williams) - its all about getting the underdog status, that's Bellamy's big game plan - being underdog, maybe he should focus on having a plan on the field

I hate Bellamy so much and it is so joyful watching him fail so miserably icon_smile

mrslong said:
Jennings out Monas in. I'm glad they chose Monas and not Morris!!!

Me too! i was very concerned that morris would make the side as I think he is as good as, if not better than Jennings (certainly better than lyon). I think they lose a bit of attack with monaghan. Hes a good leaper, but hes just not as dynamic and cannot spark a play like jennings can

Yep those are my thoughts too QLDer, see NSW went with the less dynamic attacking option in McManus in game 1 and it failed, they've done that again with Monas. Why won't they learn and fight fire with fire? Morris is awesome, stronger than Jennings and just as quick. Lol, NSW Selector Fail again.

I am going to be interested to see how Barrett goes. I always had the impression he was a real show pony and if he got hit hard a few times he went missing, but I may be being unfair.

I might go and watch Prelim Final 2005 and see how he performed....

I wonder if they brought Monaghan into the side to combat Folau in the air. eusa_think IMO, Monaghan is one of the best in the air (apart from Issy icon_smile )

Morris is a great finisher but Monaghan has a better all round game IMO his height will be an advantage in the air.

Morris is a loser. He's only good at running around Darren Lockyer and Israel Folau.

Oh...wait....

From an update on the footy show last night:
Farah will play
Gallen will play injured
Wing is still in doubt
Creagh will play injured

QUEENSLANDER said:
From an update on the footy show last night:
Farah will play
Gallen will play injured
Wing is still in doubt
Creagh will play injured

Hit em hard and early and they wont play for long.

Did a rib cartlidge playing union last year. In the 2nd half they became broken ribs. Enjoy that Farrah icon_thumbs_u

My first reaction upon hearing Barrett's selection was to congratulate every QLD fan I know on winning the series. I've warmed to the idea of having him in the side though. When the Blues got panicky last week there were no old heads to steady the ship and keep everyone focused, and if nothing else I hope Barrett does that.
Still, they would've been better off with Kimmorley/Campese. Don't know why NSW selectors have such a hard on over Barrett. At least it's not Pearce/Anasta.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • The True King
  • bb_gun
  • Redux
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • winslow_wong
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Volvo Driver
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.