[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

It's great to hear a new signing especially a star signing like Barba tell how excited he is to be here and how determined he is to repay the faith shown in him.

This is a couple of weeks ago I passed Ben Barba at the food court at Garden City, I didn't speak to him though as he was with his kids.

we all know that back in 2011 when he was just finding his feet he had alot of big doubters in the media and fans about his ability under the high ball and defensively.. then he came out in 2012 and absolutely smashed it in those areas.
Wasnt just fans the Dogs tried to buy Dugan cause they thought Barba wouldn't cut it.

Will be interesting to see how he goes in 2014, wasn't crash hot this year but can excuse that with all the dramas surrounding him, he didn't look interested half the time.

Round 1 against the Dogs should be fun if the rumours about the Dogs players were true, when Raiders played Dragons this year you could see a few players really didn't like Dugan.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how he goes in 2014, wasn't crash hot this year but can excuse that with all the dramas surrounding him, he didn't look interested half the time.
If he can score ten tries in eleven games when disinterested, I'm looking forward to see what he can do in a full season with his family life settled.

Just media talk but I like the fact that he feels the need to prove something.

Cue Griffin: "Barba starts from 25".

Speaking of big name signings, has Kennedy arrived yet?

He probably hasn't been fitted for a jersey yet, so they just threw one on him straight out of the packet.

He does look damn good in the Broncos jersey though :takdir:

His real jersey will be about 3-4 sizes smaller, the reason why some backs can't pass me thinks..

Yeah that's just an off the rack jersey, match jerseys are skin tight and have ball grips on the side panels.

Barba will be talking to the King on Brisbane 9 news tonight for anyone interested.

Not much....

.... just that he's excited to be here and hopes to repay the faith the Broncos have shown in him.

He also said he's in a happy place now that he's near family.

Here's looking forward to a big year from Ben in 2014 :takdir:

Interview up on the Broncos website with Trad.

For the most part, same ol' spin but a couple of interesting points.

He's ahead on his recovery and has a better range of motion at this stage than doctor's expected.

Trad was quick to ask him about the possibility of playing five eigth. Barba gave the stock response of being willing to play anywhere but I get the horrible feeling he may end up there which would be a complete waste.

Interview up on the Broncos website with Trad.

For the most part, same ol' spin but a couple of interesting points.

He's ahead on his recovery and has a better range of motion at this stage than doctor's expected.

Trad was quick to ask him about the possibility of playing five eigth. Barba gave the stock response of being willing to play anywhere but I get the horrible feeling he may end up there which would be a complete waste.

If they make him play there just to keep Hoffman happy then i'll do my nut !!!!

Weakening two positions to keep a player happy would be a stupid move, if Hoffman sticks his nose up at Barba being fullback then just release him.

Last edited:
I'd be open to Barba playing in the halves IF we get Milford.

As someone mentioned previously (I Think this thread) Milford's most recent interview states he prefers to play fullback. Barba and Milford are very similar players, in that they are possess explosive running games and some ball playing skills. However Barba has more experience, and the 2012 campaign where he played with halves you could hardly describe as dominant so had to take more of the play making responsibility.

Regardless of where they play ideally they will both play focus on their running games and support play whilst Macca and Hunt need to organise the team and get the big guys moving forward whilst Milford and Barba wait for an opportunity.

Barba at this point is the better and more mature player, I'd be completely behind him playing in the halves in exchange for Milford at fullback however I see Barba's first position as a fullback and Milford's first position as a half. It mightn't be a bad idea to ease Milford into first grade from fullback where he doesn't have playmaking responsibility but ultimately, I'd like for Barba to be our long term fullback and Milford to play in the halves.

I'd be open to Barba playing in the halves IF we get Milford.

As someone mentioned previously (I Think this thread) Milford's most recent interview states he prefers to play fullback. Barba and Milford are very similar players, in that they are possess explosive running games and some ball playing skills. However Barba has more experience, and the 2012 campaign where he played with halves you could hardly describe as dominant so had to take more of the play making responsibility.

Regardless of where they play ideally they will both play focus on their running games and support play whilst Macca and Hunt need to organise the team and get the big guys moving forward whilst Milford and Barba wait for an opportunity.

Who doesn't these days

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  • scobie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.