[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So that Raiders PR means they had no idea. It also means Milf signed on the couple of days he was back here and clearly wants out of the Raiders you could certainly imply. We could not sign him for next year at present but removing the clause means he has no intention of staying. He has now done everything possible to show he wants to return home to be near his father. Brisbane are now giving Canberra one last chance to come out of this looking ok by releasing him given the circumstances of their coach's signing and the way Milford looks in signing for us the way he has. There is no way he will be in Canberra next year unless Sticky really wants to look like an even bigger moron and the Raiders get dragged through the mud.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
It's a shame we r not getting him next year as we have absolutely nothing in the halves but at least by the time he arrives, Hook and all the other dead weight will have long been disposed of.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Crazy stuff from Ricky criticising us for 'poaching Canberra's talent' when a good share of Canberra's promising juniors come from Brisbane and other regions.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Sticky is a moron. Players currently playing for other clubs we developed not including the many still here:

Baptiste
Robinson
Learoyd-Lahrs (These three are just at the Raiders)
Gagai
Friend
Ballin
Taylor
Norman
Moon
Seymour
Kemp
Tate
T Sims
K Sims

thats just off the top of my head.

Raiders juniors we benefit from:

Milford.

Result: Shut up Ricky.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Sticky is a moron. Players currently playing for other clubs we developed not including the many still here:

Baptiste
Robinson
Gagai
Friend
Ballin
Taylor
Norman
Moon
Seymour
Kemp
Tate
T Sims
K Sims

Milford.

Lets add Karmichael Hunt to that list shall we..? I know he's not with the code anymore, but he's still been snatched from our midst.

B

broncomax

NYC Player
Oct 5, 2013
I wonder if there is still a chance Milford will end up with us next season.

Now that the shenanigans between the Raiders and Canberra is sorted (at least in regards to Milford's future), the next pressing issue will be Hoffman.

From all reports in the media, he is already goneski to the Bulldogs.

If this is the case, is the reason this hasn't been finalised is because both Hoffy and Locke are still at the World Cup.

If the Warriors allowed Locke to leave early (he is already suplus there anyway), he could join the Raiders. The Raiders could then release Milford (he already has said that he would rather not go back there) to the Broncos and the Bronco's could then release Hoffman to the Dogs.

I just don't think this is completely over yet, but at least we have him signed for 2015 / 16 already. :)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I actually agree with many on here that the Raiders found out about the announcement and to try and prevent to ensuing circus and media frenzy about next season they jumoped in with a little "scoop" of their own.

I hope to see him playing for you guys next year as I don't want him anywhere near my club. Not because he isn't talented or because I think less of him, because the kid is going to be a huge player of yours for many years to come, but simply because we have had the worst season I can recall and I have been a supporter since day 1 and we do not need anymore distractions. We need playesr that want to play for the Raiders and Milford unfortunately is not one. Time to move on.

Good luck with him and for the season, and let's hope you have him in your squad by mid pre-season.

Definitely Worm, the last thing a club should want to do is carry players who are just not wanting to be there period, for the Raiders I feel they should have just done what the Bulldogs did with Barba, instead now they have a young promising player who could have been your future really if you play now just holds back your development for the future. Look this saga has gone on for far too long as it is, things have been said, both sides heated at times, but I really hold no bad will towards the Raiders as a club, infact they are one of the few clubs down south I actually enjoy watching, always have since I started following the Broncos when they entered the competition. Good luck to the Raiders next season and into the future, I want to see the Raiders back as a powerhouse and playing the style of football they are known to play when they are there.

Last edited:
Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well if the Raiders are smart they can come out of this smelling like roses. The Raiders big money contract ploy to keep Milford never worked so now if they cut their losses agree a transfer deal ($) with the Broncs and then come out in the media saying that they decided its in the best interest of Milford if he is home with his family sooner, blah blah blah we are a family club etc.

The Raiders take the cash and win a 'moral' victory for being so nice, rather than looking like f'wits who have no compassion. Oh and I guess sticky ricky earns himself an excuse for when they collect the wooden spoon next year.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Baptiste
Robinson
Gagai
Friend
Ballin
Taylor
Norman
Moon
Seymour
Kemp
Tate
T Sims
K Sims

Milford.

Harrison, costigan , Tate, Eastwood, Boyd , to name a few more and a couple of current test players.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well if the Raiders are smart they can come out of this smelling like roses. The Raiders big money contract ploy to keep Milford never worked so now if they cut their losses agree a transfer deal ($) with the Broncs and then come out in the media saying that they decided its in the best interest of Milford if he is home with his family sooner, blah blah blah we are a family club etc.

The Raiders take the cash and win a 'moral' victory for being so nice, rather than looking like f'wits who have no compassion. Oh and I guess sticky ricky earns himself an excuse for when they collect the wooden spoon next year.

That would be their best win scenario and I certainly wouldn't hold it against them to even ask for compensation from us if it meant they would release him for 2014, but will the ego's stand in the way of a decision that would better serve the club if they just decided to let him go?

Last edited:
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Yes, from 2015 onwards we will have our very own Milf.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Just saw this on greenhouse forums, utterly disgusting, I don't think anyone here would wish that on Hoffman or any other player if he leaves that's for sure.

Best case scenario.

* Milford is Dally M winner
* Raiders are top 4 off back of him, and some sticky magic.

* Round 2, Milford suffers Yow Yeh style injury.
* Broncos miss the 8
* Broncos make a big as they can money play for Smith
* Smith signs 1 year coach/3 year development officer role with Raiders after listening to Big Mal say that it's the best place for him.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
That's when you've got to take a step back, and realise that you are taking watching a sport a little too seriously.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
00056752-image.jpg

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah saw that too, let's not get carried away about it though and stoop. There are idiots in every forum for sure. Best we ignore and let karma take care of it.

It doesn't represent the whole Raiders fan base I agree and I'm not saying they should be judged solely on one moron's comments, but its a bloody pathetic thing to say.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
That would be their best win scenario and I certainly wouldn't hold it against them to even ask for compensation from us if it meant they would release him for 2014, but will the ego's stand in the way of a decision that would better serve the club if they just decided to let him go?
Raiders aren't hard up financially so unless talking astronomical compo then not worth it, Milf playing at the back gives us a better chance to be competitive in 2014 while allowing his heir (Ahearn) to get experience against men at the Mounties and perhaps blooded slowly off the bench, our spine is already going to have a rookie in Cornish, inexperienced hooker in McCrone or Baptiste, throwing in another rookie would be suicidal plus there's the precedent it would set.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
It shouldn't really be allowed to be posted and should be deleted !

Active Now

• OXY-351
  • broncos4life
  • Shane Tronc
  • sooticus
  • Spoon
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.