Official NSW Blues Game 1 Team

I think Josh Reynolds is a great fit. His got the mongrel for Origin and he really fights for everything and backs up everything. In a team that has offloaders like Gallen, Merrin and Fifita that's a great asset to have.

Yeah a agree, but if NSW happens to win with Sutton a part of it, it will be almost as bad as losing to Ricky Stuart.

I must one of the minority about Sutton. I think his form this year has been first rate despite those amusingly Norman-esque moments.

He has size, a good kick and ball playing skills.

Reynolds would have been my choice for either 2nd or 1st receiver. I think he's the wrong player for the bench

Last edited:
Oh I think Suttons form this year and last has been great.......

It's just all of those other seasons when he was completely MIA that would concern me with him being involved in SOO.

Oh I think Suttons form this year and last has been great.......

It's just all of those other seasons when he was completely MIA that would concern me with him being involved in SOO.

Yeah sames. It's like 6 or so good games vindicates the Souffs circle-jerk over him for the last 10 years. No, he was still crap for 10 years.

Pick Sutton, so it shuts up all the bunnie supporters, whinging that none of their players made the NSW side.

Not to worry they all make the England side.

I fear JReynolds when he isn't in a playmaking role. He's got a fantastic running game, having him come on as an impact dummy half or even support player could cause QLD all sorts of trouble.

I don't particularly rate Sutton that highly, I think Wade Graham would be a better option than him.

I can't see NSW getting that much value out of Reynolds. How do you get him on the field without weakening the side. He isn't that good out of dummy half and doesn't play there normally. I hope they pick him, could be a mistake.

I don't fear Josh Reynolds but between him and Sutton, I believe he's the better pick.

Reynolds is all attitude - he doesn't give a stuff, he just rips in. Pretty average playmaker made up by the fact he's a damn good player.

Sutton has been in good form for the past two years and does pose a handy set of ball skills. However, Sutton still doesn't strike me as an Origin player - he just seems like somebody who does his job and that's that.

I would pick Reynolds over Sutton. Reynolds has the attitude and mongrel for Origin and is a very tough competitor and can be a handfull for any team while Sutton is only just starting to live up to the hype and his potential.

I've gotta say though, Daley has really surprised me. I've always thought he was a dumbass, but he's picked the best NSW side in years. His only fault is how highly he rates Pearnice, even though he's been a colossal failure in the Origin arena. And not picking Carney obviously. Just combine the two and have Carney partner Maloney, and they'd be set.

I've gotta say though, Daley has really surprised me. I've always thought he was a dumbass, but he's picked the best NSW side in years. His only fault is how highly he rates Pearnice, even though he's been a colossal failure in the Origin arena. And not picking Carney obviously. Just combine the two and have Carney partner Maloney, and they'd be set.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH dammit! Who's side are you on?! I'm happy if they keep picking crap!! :001_tt2:

He's basically followed Ricky's plan and he's usually had his hand forced to make some of his more daring selections. The few he did pick (eg. the backrow, Maloney) certainly raised eyebrows.

Still, I'm weary how he may react if plan A doesn't work out. That was the Blues selectors biggest problems in past series - treating the side like a fantasy team.

And no more token Manly nuffies (Perry, King, Buhrer) since Bozo wised up.

Wait Reynolds is in... Hmmmmm

I just read that Sutton was selected?

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Blues-Name-Replacement-Reserve/75982

NSW have announced that John Sutton will play on the bench as a replacement in Wednesday night's Origin series opener.
Sutton and Bulldogs five-eighth Josh Reynolds have been in camp with the Blues since utility Kurt Gidley withdrew earlier this week.
However NSW coach Laurie Daley confirmed Sutton will be the player on the bench to face the Queenslanders at ANZ Stadium.
Reynolds is likely to be 18th man after he plays for the Bulldogs against the Dragons tomorrow night.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • Behold
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Kev_Guz
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • mrslong
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.