OFFICIAL: NSW GAME 1 - TEAM

This mustn't be the game, that Stuart wants to win.

Re: Official NSW team for game 1 - ITT: LOLZ

The Brizz said:
How the fark is Jennings in form?

He hasn't even scored a try this year, has he? Maybe they picked him for his defence

Nashy said:
No Hayne, Idris, Gidley.

Anyway. Shit team. QLD will destroy them.
All good things [icon_lol1. Suck shit Hayne, thinks he's the best player in the world and can't make a team that has lost 5 years in a row hahahahaha.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Ennis LOL.
6 in a row is going to be sweet.

Surprised they haven't picked Hayne. I would've had him in there for sure. He's a wang, but he poses a threat whenever he has the ball.

Anyway, I find the form of players is quite irrelevant when it comes to Origin. Whole different ball game, which is why I'm not going to make a judgement on this side.

The Rock said:
You lot would have bagged any team that got named.

I'm glad Idris wasn't named. Otherwise I have no opinion of this team. I don't care what team gets named, I just want them to have a proper dig.

Exactly.

I don't think one bad player has been named or one player was picked out of position. King is probably the worst and he's hardly a liability.

Big Pete said:
[quote="The Rock":1uvkpeas]You lot would have bagged any team that got named.

I'm glad Idris wasn't named. Otherwise I have no opinion of this team. I don't care what team gets named, I just want them to have a proper dig.

Exactly.

I don't think one bad player has been named or one player was picked out of position. King is probably the worst and he's hardly a liability.[/quote:1uvkpeas]
Why are you sticking up for dirty cockroaches?

I don't think one bad player has been picked either, more like a few.
Lol ennis, lol king.
Not to mention out of form players who haven't done anything for a while like morris and jennings,

This origin will be the easiest yet.

broncospwn said:

I hope Big Mal and our players aren't as complacent are you are, champ. [icon_wink

Lol ennis, lol king.
Not to mention out of form players who haven't done anything for a while like morris and jennings,

I'm not, I still hope Lockyer retires a winner but to talk down the Blues is pretty dangerous.

This is the best side they've named on paper since 2007.

Let's be honest, some of this team was picked to bash QLD or to get QLD to hit them first.

King of the niggle Ennis & then they have the grub brothers of Gallen & Bird.

Big Pete said:

Lol ennis, lol king.

I'm not, I still hope Lockyer retires a winner but to talk down the Blues is pretty dangerous.

How is it dangerous?
I'm a fan, what I say isn't goin to affect the players. The playing group is very professional and I highly doubt they would be complacent or make light of an origin game, they will put in 100% and if they do they will win.

Big Pete said:

But is it the best for the field. [icon_razz1

Hayne should be there.

broncospwn said:
Big Pete said:

Lol ennis, lol king.

How is it dangerous?
I'm a fan, what I say isn't goin to affect the players. The playing group is very professional and I highly doubt they would be complacent or make light of an origin game, they will put in 100% and if they do they will win.

Firstly I want to preface what I say by supporting Kaz and her notion that a team is never won or loss on paper.

Let's have a look see...

Dugan is a far superior player than Kidley in every facet and while he hasn't hit top form yet he's a gun player and an absolute freak on his night.

Uate is the most dangerous winger in the game.

Gasnier has arguably been the best centre in the game over the opening rounds and unlike Lyon who's just a good all-round player he's actually pretty lethal in his own right. And yes I know I rated Lyon before hand, but le Gaz has stepped up.

The other two members of the backline have the speed to hurt you anywhere on the park as well.

Soward too, but he'll just hit Qld with his awesome kicking game.

And the backrow is just deadly on it's night.

I don't think Qld will lose but I'm not prepared to totally write off NSW either. They haven't named a better side, just not their best side.

Mind you, I expect Qld to select some clangers too.

As soon as I saw Soward and the speed in the backs I thought gee you can see the game plan now. Kick chase smash.

It's not a bad team, certainly better than picking the same old players who keep losing, but I can't beleive Luke Lewis didn't get selected somewhere in the team. Probably would have had him on the bench instead of either Creagh or Young, or maybe moved Creagh in place of Scott and got rid of Scott all together.

Will be interesting to see how Soward goes. He's got a great kicking game, but he plays so deep and isn't really a ball player imo so I'm not sure how many chances he'll create for his outside men. I think the team would be more dangerous with Carney in it, even if he only had his first game back today.

Not sold on Jennings either, but if he fires, he could so a lot of damage.

What will be most interesting is to see if they stick with this team, even if they have a loss in the first game. For the sake of the future, I think they need to find a team and stick with it, even if it means some short term pain, and even if it means losing this series.

Exactly.

And if the team does perform badly, make a couple of changes BUT don't make wholesale changes that messes with the structure of the side.

Learn from Qld's 06 series.

It's their best team in a while that's for sure.

Massive wtf at King but I really can't argue with the rest. Jennings is a better player than Idris, whose lack of fitness would get shown up big time at Origin level. Learoyd-Lahrs is pretty unlucky to be left out.

Dean Young on the bench is a great selection.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • eggstar10
  • HarryAllan7
  • Manofoneway
  • Spoon
  • Dazza 92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • HVbronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.