Official: NSW Game 1 Team

Re: Official NSW 2012 Squad

Some people are counting their chickens early; Carney/Pearce is the best halves combo NSW could have picked. Farrah is easily the best 9, Uate is a monster, Borris great form, Jayne always plays well for NSW, Jennings great speed & B Stewart is quality on his worst day & has experience.

Gallen will lead from the front, Lewis & Watmong were always going to be picked.

A few other selections are debatable but that squad is very competitive. And never underestimate the enthusiasm & mongrel that debutants bring to SoO. This could be am ambush!

Watmough wasnt picked was he?

Be interesting to see how many of these players get retained for game 2 after they lose game 1?

I think they got this side mostly right although I wouldn't have Creagh anywhere near Origin ahead of Sims. Burher, fair enough, they want to look to the future and see something there. Williams is a gamble, could really be shown up in D with the fast pace of Origin.

They obviously feel they can run our big guys about and will try and make mtrs wide of the ruck which in itself isn't that bad but they will struggle when we pin them inside their 20.

The speed of the play ball will be crucial, if the refs crack down on slowing things down they will get their fair share of penalties.

Honestly, I think this is the strongest NSW team I've seen since 2005. I would certainly have them hot favourites to win game 1. Queensland without doubt the underdogs. We'll rely on our passion to get home.

A very strong run on side imo. I don't think Jennings has been that bad, and hayne will lift. The backrow is excellent and TOdd Carney is a much better player than any 5/8 they've had for the last 5 years. Pearce is average though, but will probably actually be helped by Farah's style of play more than Ennis's.

---
Bench is where they are weak and where we have the upper hand (provided DCE doesn't get selected), Creagh & BUherer very lucky to be selected. As a QLDer I'm glad Mateo and Sims were overlooked!

Seriously Coxy, after 6 straight series losses, you can't play the under-dog card like that.
QLD will always be the underdog Rocky. Look how many players you have compared to ours. :shady:

Seriously Coxy, after 6 straight series losses, you can't play the under-dog card like that.

What's happened in the past 6 years is irrelevant. Every series starts with both teams at square 1. NSW have a superior team, with players in form, this year. QLD are the underdogs. We've got Boyd who's in horrible form on one wing, Tate who's never let us down but isn't a winger on the other.

We've lost the greatest player of all time to retirement and replaced him with a serviceable but decidedly uninspiring Cronk.
We seem intent on picking the only player who was alive when Origin started in the front row. Walking frames aren't legal on the field so he's going to struggle for more than 15 minutes IMO.

If Queensland wins game 1 it'll be the greatest upset in Origin history.

Don't forget they also have the judiciary and referees on their side Coxy.

Rocky: if it looks like bait, smells like bait and quacks like bait, it's a bait. Leave Coxy to daydream about his team's mythical underdog status; if that's the only way he can get excited about Origin after six series wins I guess the passion's well and truly gone.

Slater - Tryscoring drought, down on form.
Inglis - Might be playing great at fullback but has been poor at centre for years now.
Hodges - One misstep away from a career ending injury
Thurston - Still carrying concussion from Prior's head hunting. Probably terrified of every NSW player.
Cronk - Woefully out of form and almost zero natural talent.
Scott - Almost crippled by that foot injury. Will be lucky to survive the anthems.
Smith - Getting old. Clearly behind Farah.
Hannant - Easily gets dominated by physical confrontations.
Thaiday - Carrying a debilitating rib injury.
Myles - Nearly as badly out of form as Boyd
Harrison - Wouldn't make first grade at Parramatta.

Gillett - Can't read a comic book, let alone a defensive play
Civoniceva - Older than Dally Messenger
Shillington - Sounds like a fairy and has a body that's about to collapse
Taylor - Gun shy because the judiciary is out to get him.

Seriously, this QLD team has absolutely no hope this year. Origin is dead. NSW will win 3-0.

Slater - Tryscoring drought, down on form.
Inglis - Might be playing great at fullback but has been poor at centre for years now.
Hodges - One misstep away from a career ending injury
Thurston - Still carrying concussion from Prior's head hunting. Probably terrified of every NSW player.
Cronk - Woefully out of form and almost zero natural talent.
Scott - Almost crippled by that foot injury. Will be lucky to survive the anthems.
Smith - Getting old. Clearly behind Farah.
Hannant - Easily gets dominated by physical confrontations.
Thaiday - Carrying a debilitating rib injury.
Myles - Nearly as badly out of form as Boyd
Harrison - Wouldn't make first grade at Parramatta.

Gillett - Can't read a comic book, let alone a defensive play
Civoniceva - Older than Dally Messenger
Shillington - Sounds like a fairy and has a body that's about to collapse
Taylor - Gun shy because the judiciary is out to get him.

Seriously, this QLD team has absolutely no hope this year. Origin is dead. NSW will win 3-0.

You'd need a great coach to make that lot in to a winning team. Pity Mal Meninga is even a self confessed poor coach

Don't forget they also have the judiciary and referees on their side Coxy.

With Tony Archer referring you have 14 players on the field not 13.

I shall now refer you to game 2 of 2011

Now onto the NSW team. We have Ben Creagh. Need I say more?
What are you talking about? He will be NSW's most dangerous player, as he will be able to fly over the defenders!

creagh.gif

See?

I am shocked. I didn't see this coming, it's like the twist in the sixth sense all over again.

I think Stewart at fullback is a liability for them. Defensively he isn't that great especially when he is waiting to catch a bomb and he can hear the footsteps of forwards headed his way. I think they got the 6, 7 and 9 right for a change though. Still Creagh is there and that is piss funny. Buhrer is the bolter though isn't he. I doubt he will play game 2.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.