Old Match Videos

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Hi all, I love to sit back and watch old Bronco's games (good ones) over summer coz cricket just can't match it with the League :)

Unfurtunately, all my old VHS tapes were destroyed recently - very big :(

Does anybody have any memorable games such as the 71-6 defeat of Newcastle in 2007?

I'd love to replace some memories - thanks all

S

Spud

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I have got the dvd of that game and a few others. They are all the replays of Fox Sports though.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Far out. That was the only game that I have missed since becoming a season member. I get sad whenever I think about this game.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
i didnt get to see that game :(. cant remember where i was, but i wasnt happy that i missed it when i heard the score lol.

ive got every origin on tape, but no broncos games :(.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
i didnt get to see that game :(. cant remember where i was, but i wasnt happy that i missed it when i heard the score lol.

How many Storm games? :P

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
lol.

1!

correction, i have 1 broncos and 1 storm game - they just both happen to be playing in the same game lol. still got their matchup from this year on my PS3, havent watched it all yet.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Do any of you guys happen to have a copy of the 2006 GF? I seriously haven't seen a replay of it (I was there live though).

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
KrispyKris said:
Do any of you guys happen to have a copy of the 2006 GF? I seriously haven't seen a replay of it (I was there live though).

Seriously??? I reckon I saw that game 4 times in 2 days after it happened! Once at the ground and then every Fox Sports replay the next day!

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:
KrispyKris said:

Seriously??? I reckon I saw that game 4 times in 2 days after it happened! Once at the ground and then every Fox Sports replay the next day!

I was celebrating the day after then I had to finish my assignment the day after that. So yupppp, never got to watch it. :(

Never saw a replay on Fox either. WTF?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
KrispyKris said:
Meat77 said:
KrispyKris said:

I was celebrating the day after then I had to finish my assignment the day after that. So yupppp, never got to watch it. :(

Never saw a replay on Fox either. WTF?

That plus Brandie's car broke down so you were stranded for aaaaaages.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I've got the Ch.9 coverage of it recorded on DVD.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Spud said:
I have got the dvd of that game and a few others. They are all the replays of Fox Sports though.

Hi Spud,

No problem at all with it being a Fox replay - I just want to be able to see some of the great ones again!

If I send you up some blank DVD's would you be able to copy them for me?

I'd be delighted to get anything you have :)

Thanks

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Anonymous person said:

Thanks to Fox Sports showing the old Origins on Thursday nights I am replacing my collection of them

Just watched 2001 Game 3 - the return of Alfie

Better than Christmas :)

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It's on bigpondvideo.com the grand final.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
UN - I don't know whether or not the game was even televised. There is footage out there though, it was included in the 'Best of the 90's' dvd.

John - Try RLeague Grandstand Forums, I believe there is a community of tape traders.

Personally, I've been watching the 2006 season...here's a few notes I felt like making

- I wonder how that season would have panned out had Ennis remained injury free? If I could describe his involvement in one word, promising. Seriously, the Broncos looked to of been anything while he was there, unfortunately injury struck and the Broncos reverted from an experimental game plan (See R3 and R4) to a straight out grind side (R6).

- Civoniceva has easily been the Broncos best. Hasn't missed a game and is coming up with plenty of metres and is generally bending the line backwards with each charge.

- Hodges while still awesome hasn't impressed me as much as I recalled. He's been injured every 3rd game and after being snubbed for the ANZAC test mistakes started creeping into his game. Just watched his awesome Origin 2 performance and while it was a good if not great performance the sad reality was he would miss a fair few weeks for that performance as he tore his hamstring in that game.

- There isn't much between Lockyer 2006 and Lockyer 2010. '06 had a better long distance kicking game and running game, Lockyer 2010 is a smarter player and has a better passing game. Slow start in 2006, but after the Newcastle game he's been one of the best.

- Perry isn't as bad as I recalled. Good defender and has a solid boot on him, certainly better than Seymour who in a word was very flakey.

- Berrigan and Carlaw were by far our worst in the opening weeks. Berrigan was such a liability either in d or with the ball in hand while Carlaw just seemed weak.

- Tupou reminds me a lot like Carlaw...but faster and on the wing.

- I wouldn't recommend watching these games. Half of them are gritty wins where the Broncos simply force the opposition into error and somehow score...and the other half of them are that but with the Broncos using a third man play or Hodges running in field and linking up with somebody...

In saying, rewatching these games have probably made me much more appreciative of the 2010 side. We're so much better with the ball in hand than we were back then, if we could fix a few aspects of our game I believe we could make an impact come finals time.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.