Over G.I. ? Whats your back five for 2011?

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
Sick of all the Inglis crap personally. Whats your take on the Broncos' centre, wing & fullback spots for next year without Izzy or GI? I think fullback and our right side is set with Hoffman, Hodges and Yow Yeh but what about the left? Copley at centre and Kemp outside him? Or do we go with Gagai or Beale or someone else?
Any thoughts?

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Dane Gagai
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh

Don't want to see Gillett, Teó or Glenn anywhere near the centre position.

Why? Teo and Gillett were outstanding in their stints in the centres this year.

No they weren't.

Gillett had big problems in d and Teó/Glenn had positioning problems.

Copley is a natural centre and before he was injured easily a class above anybody in the 20's. Gagai looks the goods too.

The Rock said:
1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Gillett
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh

If we want to aim for a premiership this year then we need to have a bit of experience in the backline I think. I'm not convinced with Copley or anyone else at this stage.

I actually agree with this, we have one too many utility backrowers and I think Gillett is the most damaging playing in the wider role, and you could always interchange Gillett and Glenn to get Gillett more involved through the centre.

For the 2011 season, I'll like to see

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Yow Yeh
4. Hodges
5. Gagai

I think of the backs with the exception of Hodges, Yow Yeh is probably the better one on one defensive player and is not afraid to tackle. Hopefully he has bulked up during the off season.
He is no slouch in attack either.
Copley should play a year in QLD Cup, his time will come

1. Hoffman
2. You Yeh
3. Copeley
4. Hodges
5. Gagai

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Kemp

Gillette lateral movement is a concern for mine.
So no to him to playing centres.

the only way the kids will get experience is with game time, Copley and Gagai deserve a shot to show their worth. My concern is them being on the same side, which i think would get exploited and do their development no favours. Maybe look at shifting Yow Yeh to the left with Gagai outside hodgo.

I really rate Copley so happy to see him given a crack in the centres. Only problem is we have a surplus of backrowers and it gives our team better balance if we have one of them in the centres IMO. I hope Kemp gets a go on the wing but Gagai is a good prospect and would be a chance also. Copley and Gagai on the same side seems a bit of a liability though IMO.

Big_Dave said:
Yow Yeh to the centres

is that the inside word or just you speaking out of your chocolate starfish??

Jeba said:
1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Kemp

I'd probably go for this, with Kemp competing with Gagai for the wing spot. Te'o can be awesome in the centers but if we have a youngster who can step up to the plate I having a player like Te'o making an impact from the bench would be fantastic for us.

And just cause I prefer to give a full team list...

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Kemp/Gagai
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Tronc
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Gillett

14. Glenn
15. Te'o
16. Anderson
17. Some other prop

I have a funny feeling Ivan might be naming Te'o at starting prop a few times though.

Full team while I'm at it.

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Kemp
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker
-----------------------
14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. Anderson
17. McGuire/Dodds/Kenny

I got the feeling that Anderson wasn't rated that highly by Henjak so I'd be surprised if he is picked ahead of Kenny. I rate Anderson really hope he gets a go.

Bucking Beads said:
I got the feeling that Anderson wasn't rated that highly by Henjak so I'd be surprised if he is picked ahead of Kenny. I rate Anderson really hope he gets a go.

Yeah I rate Anderson as well, IMO the only prop to really provide any mongrel off the bench.

Copley is a very good defender Rock. Elusive fella as well.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Griffo
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Organix
  • Rookie Alan
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.