Pacific Championship 2023 Week 1 Discussion

Niu carved up Great Britain when he was the fullback for Tonga in a game they actually won too.

This kid has played less than 2 full games at a pro level, while he certainly has alot of ability some are getting a bit carried away, when the buzz of getting some big games early in your career goes and your in the grind of a season is when you really see where they are at.

I don't recall these sorts of calls when JAC or Latrell Mitchell refused to take part in the national anthem ... now that 3 of the 4 are Broncos (with the 4th a QLDer) that they call for a stand down

interesting
They hammered both of them and cody walker in the media relentlessly about it. Especially Walker. Good old boys club. It's a shit go.

Reports that Cobbo is in danger of being dropped to get Val Holmes back in the team.

Although, the only quote comes from Parker, who said:
“If you look at the performances we saw tonight, it’s not ‘Hammer’ (that makes way), it’s not Kotoni Staggs and I thought Dylan Edwards was busy out on the wing,” he said.

“If you have to pull it apart I think young Cobbo might be under a little bit of pressure. If you’re looking to put Valentine back into that backline it might be Cobbo that’s set aside.”

Reports that Cobbo is in danger of being dropped to get Val Holmes back in the team.

“If you look at the performances we saw tonight, it’s not ‘Hammer’ (that makes way), it’s not Kotoni Staggs and I thought Dylan Edwards was busy out on the wing,” he said.

“If you have to pull it apart I think young Cobbo might be under a little bit of pressure. If you’re looking to put Valentine back into that backline it might be Cobbo that’s set aside.”
Parker is just piggy backing off the in game commentary from Voss and Brandy.

Commentators have set the agenda and rent a quote has been turned into a Fox article.

Makes sense right Corey? Drop an actual winger and keep a FB on the wing instead. Fucking bellend.

Meninga said in the press conference he had things to think about regarding the backline and that he was happy with Staggs and Hammer- they were really good and took their opportunity.

Add in the fact that Holmes has played 14 of his 19 Tests on the wing.

It's not really smoke and mirrors.

I hope Holmes doesn't just waltz back into the side.
Totally agree and I wouldn't of even put him in the squad to be honest, but we ran out of players. Cobbo was obviously nervous, it was his 1st game for Australia. I was happy with how he went and still think he deserves his spot on the wing.

I don't get this, for years now when ever the national anthem has played many players don't sing it, I have never seen Haas once sing it and he isn't indigenous either.

Exactly.....many players don't sing the anthem and haven't done for years, be it Australia, SOO or a GF. Some players don't like singing.......doesn't necessarily mean they don't respect the anthem.

Big news from know nothing, sensation seeking, shitcunt germalists.

Exactly.....many players don't sing the anthem and haven't done for years, be it Australia, SOO or a GF. Some players don't like singing.......doesn't necessarily mean they don't respect the anthem.

Big news from know nothing, sensation seeking, shitcunt germalists.
And it looks like they have footage of that deadshit that complained about it not singing the anthem when he played. What a fucking halfwit, if you are going to criticise it is the bare minimum to make sure you haven’t done the same thing you are criticising.

And it looks like they have footage of that deadshit that complained about it not singing the anthem when he played. What a fucking halfwit, if you are going to criticise it is the bare minimum to make sure you haven’t done the same thing you are criticising.

You mean Max Krilich...?

What a fuckhead.
:rofl

interesting Madge has selected CNK at fullback with Manu in the centers

I don't get this, for years now when ever the national anthem has played many players don't sing it, I have never seen Haas once sing it and he isn't indigenous either.
I think the media has just realised that Aussies are racist and can now print these articles, on the back of the no vote. It’s got nothing to do with the Broncos. It’s actually disgusting.

I understand that both Flegler and Jake deserve a run but I wouldn't drop Tino and Haas they were unstoppable. Cotter and Collins would be my picks especially Collins, I thought he was quite poor. As for Holmes getting a run, Edwards would be my pick, why drop a full time winger that can be a game breaker for a fullback. Yes Edwards did play well and I do think he can still deserve his spot, it's just my opinion.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Maroon4life
  • thenry
  • mrslong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Kev_Guz
  • Cavalo
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  • mrtij
  • Jazza
  • Nerd
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Bronco bob
  • broncs30
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.