Panthers

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Does anyone have some insight into what's doing at Penrith?

Lewis got stripped of the C, then says publically yesterday that he needs a change and is leaving the club. I understand if this is Lewis' decision alone, but if anyone (Gould) think that he isn't the heart and soul of that club (let alone one of NSW best players and a Kangaroo from the south I actually can cheer for) is on drugs.

I can't understand why Panthers are allowing this to happen, short of Lewis himself wanting to chase a Premiership (or a NSW series victory...amiright Paul G? lol) this is crazy by Penrith.

I still think he's been forced out by Gould or whoever. Which is just beyond retarded.

When Gus is at a club, there always seems to be problems.

When he was involved at the Roosters as a coach and performance director from 1995 to 2004 they never failed to make the finals and won a premiership in 2002. He also won premierships at Canterbury and Penrith.

When he was involved at the Roosters as a coach and performance director from 1995 to 2004 they never failed to make the finals and won a premiership in 2002. He also won premierships at Canterbury and Penrith.

There was also in-fighting. (which seems to happen when Gus is around)

Being stripped of the club captaincy and then being told you're services are no longer required seem to go hand in hand with the surname Lewis. John Cartwight must be getting nervous.

It is still hard to make sense of why they took the Captaincy of Lewis. He is a tremendous player and a guy you can build a club around. Lewis was clearly not happy with the path Gould and Cleary wanted to take with the club.

Sometimes when a club has been going that badly you have to start from scratch, this looks like what is happening. Keep the youngsters they want clear funds for marquee players.

It looks like Lewis was seen as part of the problem not the solution, maybe too much influence over the younger guys which was interfering with Clearys authority. Cleary has stamped his authority on the place and made it clear no one is too big to be dealt with.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.